Google Chrome

Tim W

I'm using Chrome as well, lightning quick....especially when you have a slow connection like I do at work.

I really hope it gets adblock...I haven't seen an ad online in years and I'm hoping it stays that way!

very quick, seems pretty good. seems a bit sensitive to my laptop touchpad scroll but other than that seems impressive.

• 5 weeks later...

The last update of Firefox seems to have brought problems of browser and computer crashes, so have switched to Chrome till they sort it. Anyone else had Firefox problems lately?

Anyway, you're right, Chrome is bloody fast! Not too keen on the general cosmetics of it with the fast scrollbar too, but overall a super fast browser.

Never had a problem with Firefox until the last update (think it's 3.0.3) since then it randomly crashes both the browser and programs. Looking around the net, it looks like a big problem with many people complaining, so I guess another update is on the way.

Still kicks the shat out of IE even with it crashing the pc :yay:

I don't use Firefox as my main browser, but neither do I have any problems with it. However, what I have noticed is the following. Every time I start up Firefox. type Netstat in a DOS window and you get 4 connections to 007guard.com. Type Netstat -n and these are actually routed to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) i.e. blocked. What puzzles me however, is why would Firefox attempt to connect with a well known nasty (spyware, adware) in the first place?

Not sure lofty, I don't really look into it, but you could be right as it does take ages to fire up the browser compared to others. Always put that down to the add-on's it's running.

It's been running fine since I wiped the viruses so I take back what I said about it last night (even though many are still complaining and I did roll it back to 3.0.2)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got Google chrome, I like the way you can move your bookmark folders around and stuff and it looks nice and runs smoothly, but the codings different from firefox I think and some forums don't work as well on Chrome, still like it though! But I think i'll stick with firefox, just for the familiarity of it B)

Archived