Tevez Leaves Man Utd?

jordanl5182

Sky Sports

"Any club I join, whether it be Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool or Everton, will be a rival of Manchester United.

Well this could be interesting. Its probably likely he'll go to Real Madrid, but somebody like Tevez could be exactly what we need. Most of our players are of the opposite mould to Tevez in that they can appear a bit feckless (I managed to use the word feckless!! :angry:)

Definitely worth considering I think, despite his £25+ million pricetag.

Sky Sports

Well this could be interesting. Its probably likely he'll go to Real Madrid, but somebody like Tevez could be exactly what we need. Most of our players are of the opposite mould to Tevez in that they can appear a bit feckless (I managed to use the word feckless!! :angry:)

Definitely worth considering I think, despite his £25+ million pricetag.

not for me. if anything this season has proven hes not as good as people thought. i think hes scored 3 goals and hasnt really played that well. he gets through a lot of work but thats not enough at the top level.

I reckon he would be an asset to the team. He's predominately a second striker/sit in the hole kinda fella. He could also fit into the wings however it is fitting a square peg into a round hole. But he is class and our team is not getting any younger. He'd be cheaper than the other big names getting touted around by the media. I feel the only reason he's not playing more in manure is because he's too alike rooney.

I feel the only reason he's not playing more in manure is because he's too alike rooney.

Thats certainly not a bad thing.

I think he's scored 13 goals this season, but just 3 of them were league goals. He's definitely a goalscorer and with some more playing time, he would really flourish.

I think he'd do well alongside Anelka or Drogba, who lets face it, don't really like to sweat.

I would have Tevez in Blue in a second if the price was realistic and it was possible.

I like his workrate, attitude and he has no shortage of skill, I would have him in front of the much coveted Robinho to be honest.

I have simply no comment to make on this speculation whatsoever.

realised he's not quite as good as you thought? and that we should look at aguero instead?

he's a good player, a very good player, but he can't really play wide, and there are better second strikers.

realised he's not quite as good as you thought? and that we should look at aguero instead?

he's a good player, a very good player, but he can't really play wide, and there are better second strikers.

Quite the reverse, G4, as I've always rated him highly and still do. And there was I thinking that checking up on my previous posts was your strongpoint. :laugh2:

I would have Tevez in Blue in a second if the price was realistic and it was possible.

I like his workrate, attitude and he has no shortage of skill, I would have him in front of the much coveted Robinho to be honest.

I totally agree, i think Tevez fits the bill nicely...and for those who can't remember JM tried to sign Tevez from Corinthians before he went to West Ham...

Mourinho lines up Tevez..

I would love it, love it if we sign Tevez. Hes strong, has talent in abundance, and has a wicked shot on him. He'd be an instant upgrade over Anelka, especially when being pushed out to the left, plus he is only 25, has time on his side, and seems to have a good work ethic.

Would rather a Tevez for my 30 million than a Robinho.

Guest bigjockknew

If he does what hes just done at the Piggery then yes he can come and get the odd game

I would love it, love it if we sign Tevez. Hes strong, has talent in abundance, and has a wicked shot on him. He'd be an instant upgrade over Anelka, especially when being pushed out to the left, plus he is only 25, has time on his side, and seems to have a good work ethic.

Would rather a Tevez for my 30 million than a Robinho.

£30 million for Tevez? No way!

Maybe, MAYBE £30m for Aguero, but never for Tevez.

Quite the reverse, G4, as I've always rated him highly and still do. And there was I thinking that checking up on my previous posts was your strongpoint. :JC_doubleup:

heh, just teasing.

(you don't rate kenwyn jones anymore I hope?)

£30 million for Tevez? No way!

Maybe, MAYBE £30m for Aguero, but never for Tevez.

I didn't say that I wanted to pay 30 million for him, was just noting that I would rather the '32.5' million that was being spent on Robinho would be better earmarked for Tevez. However, if the bidding war hits £30 million for Tevez, we pay it, for a number of reasons.

• Us having Tevez means United (and more importantly) Liverpool don't have him.
  • He has proved he is strong enough and skillful enough for this league (Aguero hasn't...)
  • He provides both a attacking wide man option, and can be played more central, alongside another striker.

It's not that harder a decision to make.

• Us having Tevez means United (and more importantly) Liverpool don't have him.
  • He has proved he is strong enough and skillful enough for this league (Aguero hasn't...)
  • He provides both a attacking wide man option, and can be played more central, alongside another striker.

To be honest I would rather have Tevez over Aguero at this stage. Like you said, he has definitely proved himself in the premier league over the past 3 seasons and while Aguero is undoubtedly a talent, I'd leave him for another season at Atletico and then look forward to a tevez aguero partnership in the 2010/11 season.

I wouldn't be impartial to spending £30mill on Tevez, he's a great player with a good 7 years in him.

I too love Tevez's work ethic. Even when the guy looks snakebitten in a game, he is still running his arse off and trying to get his name on the scoresheet. He also seems to be a decent enough guy, after people labeled him a little mental in his early days.

For 30 million, though, I might look elsewhere. I think thats too rich for Liverpool's blood, too, and Man Utds (after last summer), so I think he winds up in Europe. My guess is Inter if Moratti can afford him.

Anyone see his goal in the Manchester derby? Scores, runs to the sideline and cups his ears as the fans chant "Fergie, Fergie, sign him up". Thats not gonna endear him to Meester Ferguhsun

For the girls among us - we cannot have Tevez. He is one of the ugliest footballers in the world, and the Chels do have a certain reputation....

Sorry, lads - I need some light-hearted relief after last week!

On a serious note, we could do worse, I suppose, but he's not going to come to us after Manure. Going to Manure after Wet Spam is one thing....

I think if we wanted a secondary striker who runs down alleys with his head down, then we should go for Tevez. He is a good player, but I'd much rather have Aguerro, and I've only seen a little of him in La Liga. I think the price-tag of $25-30Million is a little over the top as I don't think he's done anything to warrant such a price tag, other than play for Man U.

Scott

I think if we wanted a secondary striker who runs down alleys with his head down, then we should go for Tevez. He is a good player, but I'd much rather have Aguerro, and I've only seen a little of him in La Liga. I think the price-tag of $25-30Million is a little over the top as I don't think he's done anything to warrant such a price tag, other than play for Man U.

Scott

bang on mate, i watched aguero last night and he was superb. he does as much work as tevez but is a much more complete player.

Tevez is brilliant, but yeah, for the sort of money we'd have to pay for him I'd much rather have Aguero. Much rather.

But would he be available? We know Tevez is, and we know that he'd come to us, so...

The only problem with him is maybe in the goal scoring department. Watched yesterday's Manc derby and if anyone had to judge by this game alone, he'd be on the shopping list of every big club in Europe. That said, I like his work ethic and someone who can run like him all day and also has tremendous skill and pace can only be good for us. I think what we lack apart from other things is pressing from the forward line when we lose the ball. Drogba and Anelka simply do not put pressure on the opposition back line when the latter have the ball, and as a result they have much more time to find a team mate...Tevez on the other other hand, and Rooney, rush the defenders into making a mistake.

I'd have him in a second, along with a genuine striker...and show both Drog and Anelka the SB door.

Archived