Joe Cole on his first Game Back:

Gem

Cole's Back In Business

JOE COLE thanked the Chelsea fans and boss Carlo Ancelotti after his memorable comeback.

Cole was made captain - and set up Salomon Kalou's winner against QPR.

He said: "I know it was the Carling Cup but this was one of the biggest games of my career. It has been a long wait and it's beautiful to be playing again.

"I had a lump in my throat just warming up before the Porto game last week. But tonight was even more emotional.

"You think people have forgotten you so to hear the crowd singing my name was brilliant.

"It's the first time I've been captain here and that was such a nice touch by the manager.

"Chelsea are my club. I was a ballboy here and a fan. So to be captain is unbelievable."

---

Good lad, great to have our Joey back.

"Chelsea are my club. I was a ballboy here and a fan. So to be captain is unbelievable."

---

Good lad, great to have our Joey back.

Don't think we needed reminding of that Joe - that line is getting done to death a bit these days!!

But quite right Gem - it is great to see Joey back.

Both we and England need Joe to be at the top of his game and the sooner the better. I know it will take a bit of time for him to get

fully fit but once he is, we could do with consistent performances - a bit like Giggs has put in for Utd season after season.

He's still the only player we have who can go past opponents using skill alone.

I can't believe it , :) I'll see my best player in the playground Vs Wegan :D

What do you think gyus??

Will he do his best ...or he will need some times to come back as good as we want ??

Joe coll ..I really missed you

I will sream by your name alot during the 90 moments of the much

:(

I think he (or possibly she?) is skiving/bunking (whatever you call it in Belfast)

It's still a bit early over there. 10am, isn't it? I'm enjoying a day off from work, it's noon over here and I think it's way too early to crack open a beer, even though(or because) I'm really looking forward to a double record release party at a local club tonight. Not that I would start drinking so early anyway as I don't want to be too drunk when the bands start playing. I want to be able to enjoy it AND remember something about it the next morning. :(

I can't believe it , I'll see my best player in the playground Vs Wegan

What do you think gyus??

Will he do his best ...or he will need some times to come back as good as we want ??

Joe coll ..I really missed you

I will sream by your name alot during the 90 moments of the much

Vhere are you frum ?

I hepe he scores in the furst moment of the much.

Joely Coe is my vaforite player as vell.

Velcome to the ferum. :300:

Je m'en rendais compte, Monsieur Oeuf, mais je voulais lui faire savoir que les grandes personnes écrivent le mot entier! OK?

Sorry, that was really stupid of me - I was confusing you with Ruh Buh Juh and Plokoon who are budding linguists.

I had worked out what wibby meant - I was just being abbreviationist! (oka pedantic old fart)

Archived