Aston Villa vs Chelsea (Premiership - Away 17/10/09 1245 KO)

coco

----------------------EARLY KICK OFF---------------------

Aston Villa vs Chelsea (Premiership Sat 12:45 17/10/09)

Cech returns.

Untitled-2.png

1 Petr Cech

2 Branislav Ivanovic

3 Ashley Cole

5 Michael Essien

6 Ricardo Carvalho

8 Frank Lampard

10 Joe Cole

11 Didier Drogba

12 Mikel

13 Michael Ballack

15 Florent Malouda

17 Jose Bosingwa

18 Yury Zhirkov

19 Paulo Ferreira

20 Deco

21 Salomon Kalou

22 Ross Turnbull

23 Daniel Sturridge

24 Nemanja Matic

26 John Terry

33 Alex

35 Juliano Belletti

39 Nicolas Anelka

40 Henrique Hilario

41 Sam Hutchinson

Guest d-vder
----------------------EARLY KICK OFF---------------------

Aston Villa vs Chelsea (Premiership Sat 12:45 17/10/09)

Cech returns.

1 Petr Cech

2 Branislav Ivanovic

3 Ashley Cole

5 Michael Essien

6 Ricardo Carvalho

8 Frank Lampard

10 Joe Cole

11 Didier Drogba

12 Mikel

13 Michael Ballack

15 Florent Malouda

17 Jose Bosingwa

18 Yury Zhirkov

19 Paulo Ferreira

20 Deco

21 Salomon Kalou

22 Ross Turnbull

23 Daniel Sturridge

24 Nemanja Matic

26 John Terry

33 Alex

35 Juliano Belletti

39 Nicolas Anelka

40 Henrique Hilario

41 Sam Hutchinson

AV are playing well now. We should treat them like we treated Liverpool. :rolleyes:

Cech

Bos, Terry, Riccy, Ash

Essien

Lamps, Malouda

Deco

Destroyer, Anelka

Subs: Hillario, Hutch, Matic (if it goes well, why not?), Zhirkov, Cole, Studge, Ballack

Guest d-vder
I'm not too sure about playing Deco and Malouda in the same midfield. I'd rather see it be Essien, Ballack, Lampard and then either Malouda, Deco or Joe Cole

Hmm, not sure why Malouda is not that well thought of, so maybe you can help me with this. I think he's more solid than people give him credit for and he needs more starts.

Deco needs to be at the tip of the spear and needs more starts like this. Ballack can use a rest and be in reserve in case you're right. :rolleyes:

Villa are a decent Premiership team, but we should be beating them 9 times out of 10, no problem.

The only way we will lose, is if we give it away, if everyone concentrates and does their job, we win !

Hmm, not sure why Malouda is not that well thought of, so maybe you can help me with this. I think he's more solid than people give him credit for and he needs more starts.

Deco needs to be at the tip of the spear and needs more starts like this. Ballack can use a rest and be in reserve in case you're right. ;)

Believe me, I've been one of the biggest supporters of Malouda since we signed him, and I'm fully sure that his form is based on confidence. So in no way is that a dig at Malouda...not sure where you're getting that from.

My point is that I don't think Deco and Malouda assures us of the defensive assuredness that we'd need in the midfield. Carlo's midfields seem to have 3 "solid" players and one "flair" player. And I think Malouda and Deco are both too "flair" for them both to configure in his midfield 4

What was the reason for jose bos not even being in the squad for the pool match? Havent heard anything about that

Anyway assuming he is back here is how i want to line up

-----cech------

bos--JT---Percy----Cole

-------essien-----

--lampylampizzle-----malouda/joey

------deco/joey----

--nico-------drogs----

Think its about time joey gets a full runout in a prem match and by the time the break is over his fitness will hopefully be up to scratch. Mikel hasnt played i a while so i think there a high chance he could start. Would also be nice if yuri got a 30min cameo or something as well.

We have a very important 3 game period coming up in the league against villa, blackburn and bolton where it would be very nice to collect all the points as after that 4 of our next five games include both set of mancs arsenal and everton.

Managed to get some tickets for this, in the Villa end but right on the corner by the Chelsea fans - not really sure what to expect, don't know if it'll be full of like minded people, or whether it'll be full of Villa fans up for some banter, but either way it should be fun ;)

Trust me, they HATE Chelsea fans. "Get out of Brum you cockney scum" is their favourite jibe.

Ive been to Villa park loads of times to watch Chelsea play, and Ive never had any problems. Mind you I've never been in the Holt End and sung 10 men.

Ive been to Villa park loads of times to watch Chelsea play, and Ive never had any problems. Mind you I've never been in the Holt End and sung 10 men.

I live in the midlands and the amount of Villa fans who are anti Chelsea is in the majority, "all though it's only since you bought the league, before that you were ok" They are a bitter bunch of fans who Like Liverpool like to throw in the fact they have won the Europen Cup.

As for standing in the Holt End singing Chelsea songs, I have, along with many others, but twas a long time ago.

My point is that I don't think Deco and Malouda assures us of the defensive assuredness that we'd need in the midfield. Carlo's midfields seem to have 3 "solid" players and one "flair" player. And I think Malouda and Deco are both too "flair" for them both to configure in his midfield 4

I think Deco will track back and put his foot in when he has to. He's no wimp.

Thank God football is back, Internationals should be kept for Summer.

We finally lifted the hoodoo last season by beating them at their place, it's still a tricky fixture but hoping we continue the form we showed against the scum. Nice early KO (loada crap).... but at least I know if my weekend is ruined or made early.

This international break seemed longer than the whole summer window for some reason, glad it's over.

So back to the business..

Our line-up for Villa game:

-------------Cech------------

Brano-----Riccy----JT----Ashley

-----------Essien------------

-Lamps/Deco-------Zhirkov/Lamps/Deco

----------Joe Cole/Deco-------

------Drogba------Anelka/Kalou----

With Bossigwa still injured the left back position kind of sorts itself out - Ivanovich is the man.

Same with the holding role - Mikel is still recovering and Ballack migh be either rested or introduced from the bench - so Bison is the candidate.

If Ancelotti decides (wishful thinking here) to play Zhirkov on the left of the diamond, I'd like to see Lamps moving to the right with Deco or Joey taking the tip of the diamond.

Upfront, DD is a definite starter, but if Carlo decides to rest Anelka ahead of the CL game, then Kalou is the partner for DD.

Subs: Hillario, Belletti, Ferreira, Bruma, Joe Cole, Kalou, Hutch (is he fit)

Archived