The Shed End Football Manager 2010 World Cup Challenge

Pauly

Dear people,

Loz, g4 & Pauly propose a Shed End World Cup- held over 4 or 5 weekends: pick your team, we'll leave the game on one saturday so you can log in whenever you're available, and kick all the Iaquinta's and Jenas' out of your squad and replace them with Cassano's and Owen's, we'll save at the end of the day, and once your squad is locked in we'll progress from there.

Liam & Company needn't worry- you won't have to go through the qualification process- this game starts in June, and it shouldn't take too long, especially if your name is Qwasex and you're destined for a shameful group stage exit! I'm hopeful we can get a good number of managers in: we can select the teams by nationality or, if you come from a pathetic country like Russia you can take a team with balls. Perhaps Holland!

An alternative is a random draw of the lesser nations- whatever the general wish is.

We say 4 or 5 weekends, but that is assuming you make it out of the group stages BB. Scotland aren't there to help you humiliate yourself, but we are sure the same outcome will ensue with any other team. I read your Chelsea management post with amusement- if I had made those signings for Chelsea I would have committed suicide immediately. Awful stuff- that entire thread smacks of typical English overconfidence. Some of you are clearly know absolutely nothing about football, enter this game so you too can realise this fact.

It's time to put up or shut up, It's Big Balls Time (except for you Gem- you're a girl, we don't expect you to show any balls at all), it's time to put your reputation on the line and that is why Loz, g4 and myself have challenged you. Less out of any desire for a real challenge, and more out of sheer pity. Most of you talk the talk but how many of you pathetic morons have the balls to step up and spend hours adjusting sliders?

The winner will hold the title of Shed End Football Manager Champion, the losers will be taunted and poked until our fingers and throats are sore! We are also considering further prizes, for example a group stage exit will earn the unlucky manager a new avatar & tag line for a month. The real joys lie in the results though-- we already know Sexelk is a moron- now you can have it confirmed for you with a crushing 5-1 defeat to Ecuador.

Your old favourite Henry will also surely participate, it may be a chance to get one over him, that is if he doesn't quit while 2-0 down before half time with a quick message about a family emergency or toaster collapse or the usual stupid excuses we have become habituated to. In fact the only thing more stupid than his management are his excuses for it. And the only thing more stupid than that is Barak. Where are you Barak? Still in hiding after your FM05 performance? God that was awful. I shudder to think what you would do to that poor England team. For the last time Owen is not a right midfielder.

There is no excuse for not participating due to time constraints: the games will be played on a weekend, and, as the fixtures usually don't clash.. you should simply be able to log in and play your game whenever you like. We'll continue and save when you're done, and there's nothing you can do to change the fated Scotland 0 - 3 Norway that appears on the screen in front of you for all the Shed End to see. We will post pictures in this thread.

If you have not been named, it is only because you are so very unimportant- change this and win if not respect then at least my acknowledgment by signing up.

So, will you be a

aaa_280x390_391166a.jpg

or a

ramsey_175339s.jpg

a

ado.jpg

or a

lippi.jpg

a

zuid-korea.jpg

or a

72042523-AB11-3C46-A7C6FC93C7A8002E.jpg

up to you, c**ts.

I pick Italy.

Also... here is a graphical representation of Henry's brain which you might enjoy.

henrymind.jpg

For those of you who haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting him, g4's defines his management style thusly: "henry, much like gordon brown, fails to make any changes to his sinking ship, instead preferring to wear a look that can only described as a mixture of boredom, stupidity and lust"

See you shortly.

We say 4 or 5 weekends, but that is assuming you make it out of the group stages BB. Scotland aren't there to help you humiliate yourself, but we are sure the same outcome will ensue with any other team. I read your Chelsea management post with amusement- if I had made those signings for Chelsea I would have committed suicide immediately. Awful stuff

:D :D

We shall see, Pauly! My Chelsea team are all-conquering, with Dzeko averaging more than a goal a game! Prepare to meet your comeuppance, young man ;)

I pick Argentina!

Captain Google, you have made the serious error of giving yourself one of the worst coaches in national team history to compare to. If, in 6 months time he takes France further than you do, I expect your letter of resignation from life on my desk at 10am the next day.

In the eyes of the French public I could take France further than he could by simply playing repeats of the 1998 World Cup final on French TV between 1200 and 1400 each day. By the time they wake up and drag themselves back into the land of the living they will believe I have led them to World Cup glory and spend the day walking around with their plumage on show.

bootboy - I forgot you hadn't been around long so wouldn't know this.

Pauly is really Paul, he runs an ice cream shop in Basingstoke and is one of those rounded blokes that everyone assumes is jolly and good with children - he is neither.

Have Argentina gone yet ?

Oh you will go far... Can't even read. Pathetic stuff. I mock your attempt to enter: I hereby state that if BJD manages to select a team that has not already been taken in this World Cup it will be a blinding success for him!

As for Captain Google, whilst Basingstroke may be on your world map as a high point for elective hair surgery or malt whiskey, it is certainly not on mine. And I would rather read Brian M's blog for 18 consecutive hours than eat food from England. Your nation cannot cook, manage a football team or make ice cream without foreign assistance- aren't you ashamed to be part of this mockery?

1c8d2adf4aee28155343c13258f0cdac.jpg

In the game Germany/Holland/Japan don't have naming rights for the players but we'll get a patch to fix that.

Up to now:

Italy - The Special One

England - g4

France - Loz

Argentina - BB

Brazil - Chelseabootboy

BJD - ?

Henry - ?

Gem - ?

Still available are Spain, Holland, Germany, Portugal etc etc.

Also- What do people think about a random draw? It might be better to see how many players we have, pick 10 rougly equal lesser teams, and randomly do the draw? Personally I would prefer that as anyone can fluke a knockout win with Spain or Brazil.

Oh you will go far... Can't even read. Pathetic stuff. I mock your attempt to enter: I hereby state that if BJD manages to select a team that has not already been taken in this World Cup it will be a blinding success for him!

Charming!

Can i ask how this works exactly ?

Does it generally help having a better team, or is there some skill and tactics involved ? I mean does it matter if you pick New Zealand or Brazil ? I quite fancy Uruguay but is there any point if im just going to lose every game to the giants ?

Therefore I have to take the obvious plunge.

Spain_flag.gif

FM2010 ???? Do you really?

I had no idea this internet web forum was so full of computer geeks!!!!

I haven't even got a computer let alone FM2010 (what does that mean?), so I guess I'm an ex-manager - Peter Taylor if you will.

Archived