Fernando Torres - Liverpool's Number 9

Sheva

So rumours are getting stronger and stronger from the press that we are going to make a pretty big bid for Liverpools star player El Nino. What does everyone make of it, i know he's a world class striker but my god he is one of the biggest moaners i've ever seen when things don't go his way and you can easily see that and im surprised he hasen't been sent off yet. If only the english refs could understand spanish.

If liverpool go out tonight against Lille, the situation becomes alot more realistic and if they finish anywhere below the top 4 then they have missed out on a big source of income from the champions league qualification. Which means Liverpool are debt bound and cant afford to sign anymore players with their current owners.

We are the only team in the Prem who would be able to compete for his signature in my opinion unless City qualify for the CL also i dont see Man Utd spending alot of money next season because of their rising debts aswell. Regarding Spain, Barca are the only team who could compete for him aswell since im sure Torres wouldn't ever think of putting a Real shirt on since it would be an insult too his home team Athletico.

So what does everyone think, would Torres even think about putting a Chelsea shirt on which would surely cause outroar in the liverpool camp.

Im 50/50 on the situation since i dont want someone who will lack motivation to play for Chelsea and has a huge love for those scousers, then again he's one of the best strikers in europe so he would be an amazing signing.

I posted this on the knowlege of Torres asking for big name signings or he's gone and with all the rumours of us "rebuilding" after tuesday nights exit. I did mention the word press if you would like to read the post again which means such tabloids as the sun, the guardian etc.

I didn't ask for what source i asked what do people think of it and wether they would want him or not. Abramovich, sure it seems unrealistic that Torres would even sign for us but Liverpool need to finish 4th to keep him in my opinion. Without champions league income it leaves them short of cash to buy the big name players he wants.

And Mod, you do know Goal.com very rarely make up their own stories? They actually take stories from non reliable places and reliable places and just publish them on their website. It's just a collection of articles from all the papers/websites in europe.

Here's a little article skysports have done on a chelsea revamp - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_6035287,00.html

Oh look torres is in the picture, surely it's got something on skysports now it must be a tad bit more reliable? Remember the day when Stevie GBH V almost signed for the club, im sure that was never going to happen back in the day but it almost did.

Never going to happen, they would never sell to us when they can sell to a team abroad. Also whilst he is a quality player, he is ver injury prone so would be a difficult decision to spend so much money on him anyway

They wont sell to us unless its reatrded money, why weaken yourself to strengthen a direct rival?

And why do we want a guy who will miss 1/3rd of the games?

Fantastic player, but not much good when on the injury table.

I understand your concerns on the player, it is truth that he gets injured quite often specially the last two years, but let me tell you something, he is 26 on Sunday and we could get the best of him.

Torres on form is alongside Drogba the best strikers in the world, to me it sounds like a great Partnertship, the pace of torres and the beast of drogba. To me sounds great guys, but it wont be easy. However this in my honest opinion are the kind of players chelsea has to go for.

My main concern about aguero is, what is he gonna do with the long balls?, I truly believe that at the moment, with the players we have got right now, I believe torres would fit better than Aguero. Kun Aguero is great, but to me torres in just unstoppable on form.

Torres will definately want out if they dont qualify for C.L. but they would NEVER sell him to us, NEVER, they'll get plenty of offers , we'll be bottom of the list.

It will be difficult but even so lets see, I expect many changes at LFC, and who knows, that could be our chance.

Sergio Aguero the one many of you want at Chelsea will cost about 60 mill. The chairman of Atletico said many many many times, i said many three times, because he speaks about it almost every week, that If a club wants Aguero has to buy his clause which is 60 mill.

Dont forget that last year they refused 45 mill and Deco, and this year, I read they dont want what the rumours said 35 plus Deco plus Ricky, I believe they would only want Mikel in the operation.

Aguero will be very very expensive and I believe will be difficult to get to. He said many times he is happy in Madrid and he is grateful to Atletico. If he comes he will ask for about 200 grand a week, I dont know if Chelsea are prepared to meet such demands. This summer he said, I go to Chelsea, no problem, but he wanted 200 grand a week. I believe he is not worrth that money.

Lets see. Time will tell, for sure I know we will buy a top striker this season.

Referring to reports today morning, after a severe defeat to Inter and Chelsea are desperate to win the big money summer for new players and rebuild the team. Candidate number one on the transfer list was a Chelsea Liverpool striker, Fernando Torres. And Chelsea will use a weak disposition 'The Reds' contracted to the Spaniard?

Carlo Ancelotti has plans to acquire Torres and pair it with Didier Drogba, that you were a real bomb in the ranks of offensive and Chelsea.

The Blues expect that in the face of crisis, Liverpool, will be able to save yourself a super-sniper Reefs Benitez, who nevertheless hopes that the Spaniard will be at Anfield, and help them stave off defeat so far. Struggle for "El Nino" to take the Barcelona and Manchester City.

Fernando Abramovich tried to win twice - the first time in 2008, and, more recently'm flying last year. Now, Russian oligarch, is planning to acquire a striker next summer after the world championships in South Africa.

Torres struck in the season to the grid 15 times in 24 appearances in the Premier League and European competitions.

The list of stars are supposed to have Sergio Aguero, Maicon and Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Torres is five times the player Pato is though. Despite the Scouse ties and the diving, I don't think I'd have any qualms about Torres joining. He's not scum on Gerrard or Carragher's level, and he is one hell of a player.

Not to mention the formidable partnership him and Drogba might form...

Torres is five times the player Pato is though. Despite the Scouse ties and the diving, I don't think I'd have any qualms about Torres joining. He's not scum on Gerrard or Carragher's level, and he is one hell of a player.

Not to mention the formidable partnership him and Drogba might form...

I am not denying Torres is better than Pato, because he is, and he is proven in the EPL...but I can't stand him this year...and the injuries as well...

If he wanted to come here (which I'm sure he doesn't), and he stayed fit and got all the Scouse sh*t out of himself, it would be fantastic...but I don't think we can get him.

Pato is an option....and I don't think he'd command as high wages as Aguero. Then again, no team wants to lose their brightest young players. Ideally, I would want Higuain, but Real won't sell him....might sell Benzema lol

I still don't mind Dzeko...but basically I think we just need an established, younger striker, whoever that might be.

The thought of drogba and torres forming a parrtnership is very very tempting. However for the money that we would have to pay for him we could land both hamsik and aguero and personally i believe that would be the better decision. That being said should we land him i will be very happy and would have a torres shirt for next season just to piss off liverpool fans

I seriously don't think we should sign Torres unless we can get him on a free transfer. That lads hamstring keeps going and he will end up like Michael Owen. Shelling out 50 mil for a soon to be injury prone striker would be a huge mistake.

Apparently he's 26 tomorrow. I'm not sure when we're going to get an opportunity to get a better player in his position.

I say again for all of you, Kun Aguero wont come cheap, we will have to make a huge offer and another thing are his wages, he will ask for a lot of money, at least is what he did this summer. He said I go to Chelsea, but I want 200 grand a week, and that put chelsea off. As you know, Chelsea dont want wages up to 5 million, and Aguero was asking for 6 mill a year.

Another thing is that, the reality is that Atletico will have to sell, but because of the amount of teams interested in Aguero, Madrid the latest, they will ask for his clause, 60 mill euros.

Fernando Torres will be 26 this Sunday, he was born on 20 march 84. so he will be 26 if he joins Chelsea this summer. Chelsea will get the best of him. Torres on form is the best striker in the world. He has proven it in the EPL and European Championship with Spain. The good thing about Torres is that, he is settled in England, he speaks the language, so there wont be a problem, with Aguero, a players of his size, and the way Chelsea play at the moment, I think Torres fits better. Aguero of course is 22, but come on a player that will be 26 this sunday, is not old at all.

Another thing is that torres generates a lot in publicity so even for those who dont think about this, he will generate an income to Chelsea.He is a star, the biggest brands want him, and so on.

Archived