Player of the Year?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

official poll has started on the website...got to be the toughest choice this year...thought didier had it in the bag...but the way the season is going I can't help but feel unwilling to vote for anyone!!! I will wait a bit longer me thinks...

those in contention: Drogba, Ivanovic....err...that's it! of course Ash would have been in there if he hadn't got injured so early in the year

I think Drogba will get it but i would prefer Ivan to.

You might say bosingwa is better but Ivan is a centre back by trade and has played out of position all season and has been our ONLY consistent performer. Top stuff from Ivan this year.

For me it is a straight competition between Drogba's goals and Ivan's consistency and I don't feel there is very much at all to choose between them.

Ashley Cole would been my choice if he hadn't missed such a chunk and also if that chunk wasn't the all important run in (and obviously if he had maintained his form).

So for me... err... Drogba by a midge's ball hair.

My attempt at brainwashing:

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Ivanovic. Any time of the day.

Drogba might win it on the basis of goals he's scored this season because fans who don't think too deep tend not to look at a defender's performances over the season.

But to be honest, Drogba may have a very good scoring record this season, but sadly, whenever he has performed, the rest of the team has not lived up to it which has resulted in us dropping points. Also, unfortunately, our style of play depends way too much on him, so it becomes make or break at times. That said, he still remains one of our major driving forces and could yet play part in a fruitful run-in for Chelsea.

Ivanovic's taken some huge steps this season, and is definitely the one who's improved the most. I really love his attitude. He was the only one playing well in december, but over the season Drogba's been the best.

Drogba might win it on the basis of goals he's scored this season because fans who don't think too deep tend not to look at a defender's performances over the season.

Not really sure what to make of that comment.

Its Drogba , and for me its not even close.

Take him away and its hard to imagine where we would be.

Special mention for Ashley who was fantastic and from Aug to Jan so was Anelka, sadly his Feb and Mar have been appalling.

Those voting for Ivanovic are in for a disappointment i feel. He has been good, and at times very good, but not player of the season, no way.

If that makes me a brain dead , simpleton of a fan then so be it.