Chelsea FC record is tied today!

Barry Bridges

Today was John Terry's 324th appearance as Chelsea captain, which equals the record set by Ron 'Chopper' Harris.

Lets all take a minute to congratulate JT on the accomplishment, as well as remember the loyal servant and LEGEND Mr Harris is and was!

and what a way to take those 3 points!

Cheers! :D

Congratulations to JT, a great achievement!

I don't mean to put a dampner on things, but if Dave Sexton hadn't been such a c*nt, JT would still have to captain Chelsea a lot more to equal the record. Sexton was a very petty man, and decided to take the captaincy away from Chopper towards the end of the 71/72 season. Eddie McCreadie & John Hollins captained Chelsea for the next few years, until Eddie Mac became manager and he made Ray Wilkins captain at the start of the 75/76 season. Ron Harris could and should have been Chelsea captain for far longer than he was.

But I'm not trying to take anything away from John Terry, he's been a truly great Chelsea captain down the years, and I hope he continues to be.

Congratulations to JT, a great achievement!

I don't mean to put a dampner on things, but if Dave Sexton hadn't been such a c*nt, JT would still have to captain Chelsea a lot more to equal the record. Sexton was a very petty man, and decided to take the captaincy away from Chopper towards the end of the 71/72 season. Eddie McCreadie & John Hollins captained Chelsea for the next few years, until Eddie Mac became manager and he made Ray Wilkins captain at the start of the 75/76 season. Ron Harris could and should have been Chelsea captain for far longer than he was.

But I'm not trying to take anything away from John Terry, he's been a truly great Chelsea captain down the years, and I hope he continues to be.

Fantastic reply and it takes nothing away from the thread, but instead imo adds to it.

Something I never knew before, thanks for the mini lesson in Chelsea history!

Archived