The old days

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

sure wish we all played on Saturday at 3pm. Hate these leapfrogging catch up games on Sundays.

well yes its not the same. we can thank SKY for the multiple kick off times but without SKY where would modern football be? its hard to tell really.

i do however miss old chelsea a lot of the time, the bovril gate and streams of piss. losing 3-0 at home to norwich. i could go on.

but its still chelsea, old or new. thats what matters!

Love to know how many Saturday 3 o'clocks there have been for us this season, especially at home. Hate Sunday games, if you're going to ruin my weekend, ruin it on Saturday so I've got Sunday to recover and not have to follow up the next day dealing with Spuds and Goons at work!

well yes its not the same. we can thank SKY for the multiple kick off times but without SKY where would modern football be? its hard to tell really.

i do however miss old chelsea a lot of the time, the bovril gate and streams of piss. losing 3-0 at home to norwich. i could go on.

but its still chelsea, old or new. thats what matters!

Not realy fair to blame sky for stsrting the TV schedule, BBC and ITV introduced live league football on Sundays and weekdays (anyone remember Man City away on a Friday night? and we were not even in the top flight then) long before we had even heard of Sky Spotrs, admitedly Sky have totaly changed the Saturday 3 pm kick off since then but you can hardly blame them for cashing in on an idea that somebody else started.

Not realy fair to blame sky for stsrting the TV schedule, BBC and ITV introduced live league football on Sundays and weekdays (anyone remember Man City away on a Friday night? and we were not even in the top flight then) long before we had even heard of Sky Spotrs, admitedly Sky have totaly changed the Saturday 3 pm kick off since then but you can hardly blame them for cashing in on an idea that somebody else started.

I remember the Man.City game well, I was there. We took thousands up for that game, even though it was an evening match. I've got the full game on DVD too, so I can relive it all again :)

Anyone else remember another Friday night game on TV in the 80's, against Everton - we lost 1-0?

sunday games aren't new, they're just a lot more common nowadays. the first one i remember was stoke away, one of the first ever first division games to be held on a sunday, also one of ossie's last games before he left for southampton. friday games have never been exactly common, but one i remember is sheffield united away. snow and ice everywhere it was a miracle the game was played. if i remember rightly we lost both games 1-0. the special got back in the early hours of saturday morning, well after the underground had closed. i can't remember how i got home now to save my life. we went up to stoke that time overnight on a national express coach. can't remember why, maybe british rail refused to lay on a specia for the sundayl. whatever the reason, there were thousands of us up there, but then there usually were.

I remember the Man.City game well, I was there. We took thousands up for that game, even though it was an evening match. I've got the full game on DVD too, so I can relive it all again :)

Anyone else remember another Friday night game on TV in the 80's, against Everton - we lost 1-0?

Yep ditto used to love going up to Maine Rd was always a good craic

Was at the Everton game too right at the start of the season and Gooner Kevin Richardson got the winner!!!.

Remember Birmingham away on a Friday night when we came up too........ beat em 4-1 to go top of the league and never looked back from then on either!!........got absolutely trollied after that game when we got home!!! :)

Edited by Portugeezer

• 3 weeks later...

chelsea are basically new to the non saturday 15.00 kick offs,which in the main comes down to the more

sucesfull you are yer kick off times are all over the shop

just ask any man utd fan what they feal about this subject as they have had this problem since start

of the premiership i would say

bet they just love a saturday 15,00 kick off,be interesting to know how many they have had

since prem began

i be honest since days of all ticket games at the bridge i have not been to home game for yonks

i just concerntrated on away games in champs league as that was like been at a home game anytime

in the 1980's going on the drink and social aspect.

but now i have kicked champs league into touch due to fiance and family thing.

I remember the Man.City game well, I was there. We took thousands up for that game, even though it was an evening match. I've got the full game on DVD too, so I can relive it all again :D

Yep was at both . The main chant was "you can stick your f*cking telly up your a*se"

..........and as for Pat Nevins Penalty .......................................don't think it even reached the 6 yard box from the penalty spot