1916?

Super Franky Lampard

Here's a serious answer for you SFL.

Indeed World War 1 did put a stop to league football however smaller leagues were set up during the war.

Chelsea played in the London Combination League alongside all of the other London clubs and we actually won the first season 1915-16 with a league record of P 22 W 17 D 3 L 2 F 71 A 18 Pts 37 (remember it was 2 pts for a win in those days). We also won the supplementary competition in the same season with a record of P 14 W 10 D 1 L 3 F 50 A 15 Pts 21.

We then finished 3rd during the next two seasons and 6th in the final one before normal league football resumed.

Hope this helps?

Here's a serious answer for you SFL.

Indeed World War 1 did put a stop to league football however smaller leagues were set up during the war.

Chelsea played in the London Combination League alongside all of the other London clubs and we actually won the first season 1915-16 with a league record of P 22 W 17 D 3 L 2 F 71 A 18 Pts 37 (remember it was 2 pts for a win in those days). We also won the supplementary competition in the same season with a record of P 14 W 10 D 1 L 3 F 50 A 15 Pts 21.

We then finished 3rd during the next two seasons and 6th in the final one before normal league football resumed.

Hope this helps?

10 quid says he forgets he even opened this thread and makes the exact same post tomorrow.

Oh buggar

Been doing some more research on this and it makes for good reading during that 1915-16 season. As you may have gathered from my previous post(s) the season was split into two sections - one of 22 games and one of 14 games. There were some amazing results that many of you will not have known about, for instance:

Chelsea 8 Tottenham 1

Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 5

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 6

Chelsea 11 Luton 1

And.....wait for it, wait for it.......

Chelsea 9 Arsenal 0 yes that says Chelsea 9 Arsenal 0.

We had two prolific goalscorers during this period - Charlie Buchan and Bob Thomson. Buchan scored 23 goals in the first 22 games then added another 19 in the next 14 making 42 in total whilst Thomson scored 13 in the first set and 25 in the second making 38 in total. These guys were the only two goalscorers in the 9-0 thrashing of Arsenal with Buchan getting 4 and Thomson getting 5. They also happened to share all 11 goals scored against Luton too with Buchan again scoring 4 and Thomson scoring the other 7.

• 1 month later...
Been doing some more research on this and it makes for good reading during that 1915-16 season. As you may have gathered from my previous post(s) the season was split into two sections - one of 22 games and one of 14 games. There were some amazing results that many of you will not have known about, for instance:

Chelsea 8 Tottenham 1

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 6

Chelsea 11 Luton 1

We had two prolific goalscorers during this period - Charlie Buchan and Bob Thomson. Buchan scored 23 goals in the first 22 games then added another 19 in the next 14 making 42 in total whilst Thomson scored 13 in the first set and 25 in the second making 38 in total. These guys were the only two goalscorers in the 9-0 thrashing of Arsenal with Buchan getting 4 and Thomson getting 5. They also happened to share all 11 goals scored against Luton too with Buchan again scoring 4 and Thomson scoring the other 7.

How did the war go?

<!--quoteo(post=278713:date=Apr 26 2010, 20:28 PM:name=geezer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (geezer @ Apr 26 2010, 20:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=278713"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Been doing some more research on this and it makes for good reading during that 1915-16 season. As you may have gathered from my previous post(s) the season was split into two sections - one of 22 games and one of 14 games. There were some amazing results that many of you will not have known about, for instance:

Chelsea 8 Tottenham 1

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 6

Chelsea 11 Luton 1

We had two prolific goalscorers during this period - Charlie Buchan and Bob Thomson. Buchan scored 23 goals in the first 22 games then added another 19 in the next 14 making 42 in total whilst Thomson scored 13 in the first set and 25 in the second making 38 in total. These guys were the only two goalscorers in the 9-0 thrashing of Arsenal with Buchan getting 4 and Thomson getting 5. They also happened to share all 11 goals scored against Luton too with Buchan again scoring 4 and Thomson scoring the other 7.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How did the war go?

It finished as a draw, went to extra time where we finally won in 1945 with the help of John Wayne, Steve McQueen et al.

Taxi was filmed in front of a live forum audience.

Thats actually quite scary because it was the first thing i thought when i saw the TAXI thing. You thinking the same as me is very worrying, i would go to the shrink very quickly if i was you.

Thats actually quite scary because it was the first thing i thought when i saw the TAXI thing. You thinking the same as me is very worrying, i would go to the shrink very quickly if i was you.

There ain't no shrink good enough for one of you let alone the two of you

Archived