knock chelsea out and your champs

bluegraham

We are playing very good football in last 5-6 seasons when it comes to CL.

But we are missing out somewhere in a crunch moment....a small mistake has cost us match..sometimes Referee's bad decision...some times sheer bad luck..something happens and we get knocked out.

We are playing very good football in last 5-6 seasons when it comes to CL.

But we are missing out somewhere in a crunch moment....a small mistake has cost us match..sometimes Referee's bad decision...some times sheer bad luck..something happens and we get knocked out.

We were not missing anything, the referees have had a MAJOR part in Chelsea not winning the CL in the last 5 years, nobody can argue with that, only when we lost to Manure in the final in 08 did I feel that we threw it away, the rest of the times we got knocked out purely down to the referees interpretation of the rules, are you allowed to handle the ball at will to stop the opposition scoring (2009) ? Are you allowed to hug players and throw them to the floor whilst waiting for corners and free kicks (2010) ? Doesnt the ball have to cross the line to score a goal (2005) ?

Rename the thread to "Draw Chelsea in the Champions League - and the ref will help you get through".

We were not missing anything, the referees have had a MAJOR part in Chelsea not winning the CL in the last 5 years, nobody can argue with that, only when we lost to Manure in the final in 08 did I feel that we threw it away, the rest of the times we got knocked out purely down to the referees interpretation of the rules, are you allowed to handle the ball at will to stop the opposition scoring (2009) ? Are you allowed to hug players and throw them to the floor whilst waiting for corners and free kicks (2010) ? Doesnt the ball have to cross the line to score a goal (2005) ?

Rename the thread to "Draw Chelsea in the Champions League - and the ref will help you get through".

You forgot to mention the first Monaco goal at the Bridge in 2004 - blatant handball.

You forgot to mention the first Monaco goal at the Bridge in 2004 - blatant handball.

Yup forgot that, probably some more I've forgot as well, the only chance we have of winning this Uefa shagfest is to change our name, change our strip and colour, move to another ground, in another country, get a new owner, new manager, new players, and hope nobody notices.

Champions League, Chumpions Schegue.

Its a circus. And with every season that passes it gets even more dull and repetitive.

Yes of course id like us to win it (i want us to win every game!), purely to tick a box, but to me, its a sideshow that simply gets in the way.

So many fans i speak to feel the same as well.

As long as we carry on dominating domestic football, thats what matters, European football pays the phone bill, but it's the league that pays the mortgage.

But you gotta admit, winning the CL would be sweet.

But you gotta admit, winning the CL would be sweet.

CL is important ...but not at cost of Domestic doubles...CL is KO league..you could find yourself knocked out for others mistake...where as premier league is about dominance over long period...that makes it special.

Its a circus. And with every season that passes it gets even more dull and repetitive.

Yes of course id like us to win it (i want us to win every game!), purely to tick a box, but to me, its a sideshow that simply gets in the way.

BANG ON ! HATE IT

Win it once, have Terry take a sh*te in it, hand it back, and permanently withdraw from the competition!

Never happen, but that'd be funny!

unfortunately too much branding goes with the CL, too much money, and too big a sponsorship deals too for it to go away

hit_nail_on_head.jpg

You can hate it all you want, but Chelsea needs the money from Champions League.

and to shut the mouths of our critics ...CL and BPL combo would be great achievement for us.

Edited by Jawan

Champions League is the most important trophy for players and coaches and means more than any domestic titles. Ask any Inter/Barca fan which felt better their cl victory or countless domestic titles.

Good teams can win the domestic title however only champion and quality teams will win the champions league.

Champions league is the best competition on the planet imo and i so hope we win it in the next few years.

Champions League is the most important trophy for players and coaches and means more than any domestic titles. Ask any Inter/Barca fan which felt better their cl victory or countless domestic titles.

Good teams can win the domestic title however only champion and quality teams will win the champions league.

Champions league is the best competition on the planet imo and i so hope we win it in the next few years.

In knock out competitions even the strongest teams need luck and sometimes the strongest teams don't make it into the final. In domestic league you don't have to worry about luck of the draw because you play everyone twice and that's it.

I take it you don't go to many games that much? or live near the club you support? Not having a dig, just a guess?

Ask their fans when if/when they don't win a title for a couple of years which is more important (ala Liverpool/Real Madrid)- their own league or Europe? - For bragging rights alone! (Liverpool will say Europe, but they qualified in 4th place in their own league so does it count? - as the best team in Europe?)

So a side that finishes 4th in their domestic league and win it are the best team in Europe? with a winning goal in the semi didn't cross the line? - ala- Liverpool, who haven't won a domestic title in 20 years: Also if Spurs win it next year are they the best team in Europe? and Harry Redknapp the best manager?

The FA cup is the best competition on the planet for football fans of the English domestic leagues! IMHO. Leeds beat Man Utd this season, their old rivals, yet seperated by 2 divisions. Non-professional players can pit their wits against the world's best depending on the draw, and get beaten or beat'em! The final can be made up of non-top-tier sides, each getting the chance to play in a money spinning European spot, like 2nd tier Millall a few years ago, or even the likes of Pompey entertaining AC Milan!

Town's and urban area's can come together, (BBC reporters in nameless places where the local butchers and hign-street are decked out in their teams colours - who only draw a couple of thousand each week) people can unite, come together, and giants are killed.

The CL has lost this romance, through finance of the lucky clubs who qualify each year, unfortunately, and luck plays a massive part (See the earlier posts in this thread) in the eventual winners. (see Barcalona at home thread / or referee threads / or Drogba's reaction thread's / or J.T's penalty miss)

One of the turning points in our history was coming from 2 goals behind at home to Liverpool, something Chelsea just didn't do back then, and going on to beat them 4-2, and going on to win the competition! (Win a competition!?!???) - it was in the FA cup under Ruud Gullit!!

Winning THAT comptition, when we did, under THAT manager elevated Chelsea to an international audiance. And if we meet Liverpool again, (oh no they aren't in it! ::clap2:: ) or Barcalona, or Jose's Real Madrid. Yes there will be some great football, some dubious moments no doubt, but it won't give me the same sense of acheivement as beating Liverpool away did this season, in the league, with so much at stake, no matter what any scouser tells you!

Championes. Championes - all the way all the way all the way!!

I take it you don't go to many games that much? or live near the club you support? Not having a dig, just a guess?

Ask their fans when if/when they don't win a title for a couple of years which is more important (ala Liverpool/Real Madrid)- their own league or Europe? - For bragging rights alone! (Liverpool will say Europe, but they qualified in 4th place in their own league so does it count? - as the best team in Europe?)

So a side that finishes 4th in their domestic league and win it are the best team in Europe? with a winning goal in the semi didn't cross the line? - ala- Liverpool, who haven't won a domestic title in 20 years: Also if Spurs win it next year are they the best team in Europe? and Harry Redknapp the best manager?

The FA cup is the best competition on the planet for football fans of the English domestic leagues! IMHO. Leeds beat Man Utd this season, their old rivals, yet seperated by 2 divisions. Non-professional players can pit their wits against the world's best depending on the draw, and get beaten or beat'em! The final can be made up of non-top-tier sides, each getting the chance to play in a money spinning European spot, like 2nd tier Millall a few years ago, or even the likes of Pompey entertaining AC Milan!

Town's and urban area's can come together, (BBC reporters in nameless places where the local butchers and hign-street are decked out in their teams colours - who only draw a couple of thousand each week) people can unite, come together, and giants are killed.

The CL has lost this romance, through finance of the lucky clubs who qualify each year, unfortunately, and luck plays a massive part (See the earlier posts in this thread) in the eventual winners. (see Barcalona at home thread / or referee threads / or Drogba's reaction thread's / or J.T's penalty miss)

One of the turning points in our history was coming from 2 goals behind at home to Liverpool, something Chelsea just didn't do back then, and going on to beat them 4-2, and going on to win the competition! (Win a competition!?!???) - it was in the FA cup under Ruud Gullit!!

Winning THAT comptition, when we did, under THAT manager elevated Chelsea to an international audiance. And if we meet Liverpool again in this yeaR CL, (oh no they aren't in it! ::clap2:: ) or Barcalona, or Jose's Real Madrid. Yes there will be some great football, some dubious moments no doubt, but it won't give me the same sense of acheivement as beating Liverpool away did this season, in the league, with so much at stake, no matter what any scouser tells you!

Championes. Championes - all the way all the way all the way!!

Edited by BLUENUT