chelsea were not expecting THAT!

ddrblue

as the title says..... stick up them defeats that yopu did not just see comming

1980/81 season division 2 rotherham utd 6 chelsea 0

this one hurt me as living in south yorkshire it was on the local news every

nite for next two weeks at least,got to point i could not eat me tea.

millers second goal from a gange called fenton....i mean just look at him ffs

pates had a mare against that ronnie moore

if easy upset/hurt dont click

The 5-1 defeat against Tottenham in the League Cup in 2002(?) was horrific. It's the only Chelsea game I've ever watched where I haven't been able to make it to the end. After we went 2-0 down I couldn't bear to see any more. Luckily we drubbed them 4-0 twice in the league in the next month.

as the title says..... stick up them defeats that yopu did not just see comming

1980/81 season division 2 rotherham utd 6 chelsea 0

this one hurt me as living in south yorkshire it was on the local news every

nite for next two weeks at least,got to point i could not eat me tea.

millers second goal from a gange called fenton....i mean just look at him ffs

pates had a mare against that ronnie moore

if easy upset/hurt dont click

Remember it well. In midweek we'd knocked Southampton out of the League Cup and played some great stuff, so I certainly didn't see the drubbing coming. That's the sort of side we were.

There have been so many cup upsets along the way. I remember Man City knocking us out 3-0 at home when we were FA Cup holders back in '71- that was painful. As was losing to a Norwegian side hen we were Cup Winners Cup holders. The defeats in Europe under Ranieri were always grim - Stavanger, Tel Aviv and of course Monaco. All games we were expecting to win.

Remember it well. In midweek we'd knocked Southampton out of the League Cup and played some great stuff, so I certainly didn't see the drubbing coming. That's the sort of side we were.

There have been so many cup upsets along the way. I remember Man City knocking us out 3-0 at home when we were FA Cup holders back in '71- that was painful. As was losing to a Norwegian side hen we were Cup Winners Cup holders. The defeats in Europe under Ranieri were always grim - Stavanger, Tel Aviv and of course Monaco. All games we were expecting to win.

was in oslo bar other week and got talking to a stavanger fan told him i went to that stavanger/cfc game

he was made up and bought us ale all nite as in his words theys till live off that win today.

was shocking now you bring it up fella,that bad i just went back to me hotel room after game and

was in total lockdown as i could not face been outisde

Stoke 2 Chelsea 1 League cup final 1972. I was on a school football trip in Belgium at the time. Given it was a North London school, I was surrounded by Spurs and Arsenal fans. It became the trip from hell.

Only the second Chelsea game I ever attended, we lost 2-6 to Southampton - at the Bridge! 1967/68 season, Tommy Doc in charge, Ossie fit again after his broken leg, what could go wrong? Everything. Ron Davies scored 4, Martin Chivers got 2 in his pre-y*d days, we were annihalated. On the plus side, Ossie got two goals, one of them possibly the best goal I ever saw, running the entire length of the pitch, taking on and beating the whole Southampton team, before putting it away - brilliant!

Unfortunately I was at Rotherham (0-6), Stoke at Wembley (1-2), the home leg against Atvidaberg when we went out on away goals, and many more embarrassing games. Wolves away was another, I think we conceded 7 there, Palace at home in the cup (2-3), Millwall away in 1976 where the 0-3 defeat was the last thing on my mind at the time, Easter 1986 losing 0-4 at home to West Ham, then 0-6 away to QPR two days later, the list goes on and on...

I don't think it's any coincidence that Chelsea have become a top team since I stopped going to games, so I promise to stay away from all matches in the future too :D

Stoke 2 Chelsea 1 League cup final 1972. I was on a school football trip in Belgium at the time. Given it was a North London school, I was surrounded by Spurs and Arsenal fans. It became the trip from hell.

It was my birthday. My mum took us to see Bedknobs and Bromsticks at Marble Arch. We saw an Evening News late edition with the score 1-1 and I went to bed happy in the knowledge that we'd beat Stoke. When I woke my dad next morning proud to tell him "We'd won the cup then" I was greeted with "No we fu**king didn't, that f**king old (might have been a c**t in there somewhere, I can't remember) George Eastham scored".

Only the second Chelsea game I ever attended, we lost 2-6 to Southampton - at the Bridge! 1967/68 season, Tommy Doc in charge, Ossie fit again after his broken leg, what could go wrong? Everything. Ron Davies scored 4, Martin Chivers got 2 in his pre-y*d days, we were annihalated. On the plus side, Ossie got two goals, one of them possibly the best goal I ever saw, running the entire length of the pitch, taking on and beating the whole Southampton team, before putting it away - brilliant!

Unfortunately I was at Rotherham (0-6), Stoke at Wembley (1-2), the home leg against Atvidaberg when we went out on away goals, and many more embarrassing games. Wolves away was another, I think we conceded 7 there, Palace at home in the cup (2-3), Millwall away in 1976 where the 0-3 defeat was the last thing on my mind at the time, Easter 1986 losing 0-4 at home to West Ham, then 0-6 away to QPR two days later, the list goes on and on...

I don't think it's any coincidence that Chelsea have become a top team since I stopped going to games, so I promise to stay away from all matches in the future too :D

If only Roman knew, he could have saved a fortune on players and just told you to stay the hell away.

Cried that day . Was very confident we'd win another trophy and i took me weeks to get over it . I was following Chelsea 2 years , i was 8 years old and didnt want to go to school ever again.

Horrible day. I was at WHL to see us draw with Spuds, winning 5-4 on aggregate in the semi-final. Leaving the ground and walking back to Seven Sisters station we were all singing "We want Stoke, we want Stoke", as they were playing West Ham in the other semi. Well, we got what we wanted, but how Stoke beat us in the final I'll never know, we had a stong team out: - Bonetti, Mulligan, Harris, Hollins, Dempsey, Webb, Cooke, Garland, Osgood, Hudson, Houseman.

Then again, the previous week we were beaten at Orient in the FA Cup 5th Round, not the best fortnight in Chelsea's history.

i guess it must be something about me because i remember the lows far better than the highs. or maybe it's that i've been mentally scarred for life by these footballing disasters!

6-0 rotherham away, 7-1 wolves away, 1-0 crewe away in the league cup, going out to orient, losing to stoke at wembley, going out of the cup winners cup to avidaberg on goal average, defeat at tottenham in the relegation season. i was at all of those (and many more!) and my memory of every one of these games is far clearer than for instance, beating liverpool twice in the same season when they were the team to be reckoned with. but that was such a long time ago now!!

The biggest stuffing I had the misfortune to be present at was the 6-0 up at Forest in 1979. It certainly didn't come out of the blue, though. We had Danny Blanchflower in charge, Sitton and Nutton in central defence and Trevor Aylott up front, and we were certs for relegation, while Forest were on their way to winning the European Cup. Trevor Francis had recently joined them and Martin O'Neill took us apart that night.

It was one of those nights when the support just set out to enjoy themselves, and I remember the Forest fans actually applauding us for our non-stop singing ("We're going down, we're going down....").

Archived