Is anybody else bored?

BrewCrew

I would have thought there would have been a couple more signings by now by Chelsea. After the end of last season, we knew there would be many that would be leaving and that Carlo had the go ahead to spend a decent amount of money. The only thing we have is Yossi and a maybe from Ramires. Where is the big name signing that we were supposed to bring in? Aguero, Pato, Neymar, Oezil? These are guys that, with the right bid, can be had. It just seems like we haven't pulled the trigger.

Never thought I'd live to see the day that chelsea fans are uninspired about us only signing a Brazilian international midfielder .

Are the fans now that spoiled?

Gone are the days that the club spunks wads of cash on anything with a pulse. That much is clear and we are all the better for it. I get the impression if the club signed a hybrid of pele and eusebio for 200 billion there would still be moans because he wasn't named Sergio.

There's still a month of the transfer window to go, failing that we have what looks like our best crop of youngsters for decades. Oh , and we go into the new season as holders of the double.

Yeah , it's well boring.

Never thought I'd live to see the day that chelsea fans are uninspired about us only signing a Brazilian international midfielder .

Gone are the days that the club spunks wads of cash on anything with a pulse. That much is clear and we are all the better for it. I get the impression if the club signed a hybrid of pele and eusebio for 200 billion there would still be moans because he wasn't named Sergio.

There's still a month of the transfer window to go, failing that we have what looks like our best crop of youngsters for decades. Oh , and we go into the new season as holders of the double.

Yeah , it's well boring.

Well, we haven't signed that brazilian guy yet, have we? We've only bought a scouser. Woohoo!

Anyway, I wouldn't call us spoiled. We just want alot of players coming here, is that too much to ask? I usually buy 10-15 players each season in FM, so why can't Carlo do the same? ;)

Yeah , it's well boring.

I understand what you are saying, but if we want to win the champions league and rivals like Barcelona, are signing quality like Villa, do you really think Yossi Benayoun is going to make the difference?

Personally I think our foward line could do with improvement if we are to go further.

f**ks sake, this place gets worse every f**king summer. Firstly its been a world cup year, the majority of players we may be looking at will only now be back at their clubs and even contemplating any moves. Its ridiculous, one minute people are whinging about us not playing youngsters, the next their whingng about us not signing a full new team.

Its not like we have already signed Ramires..

obviously a very fair and correct point!

However, take a look at that thread. No shortage of people moaning that it isn't what they has hoped for! A brazilian international! Whether or not it happens is irrelevant - the comments just show how spoilt some of our fans now are.

However, take a look at that thread. No shortage of people moaning that it isn't what they has hoped for! A brazilian international! Whether or not it happens is irrelevant - the comments just show how spoilt some of our fans now are.

But hes only costing £20 million, whats the point. Maybe if he was worth at least £40 mill we could get excited. :(

Im practising my sarcasm, how do you think its going?

I agree about that. Ramires would be a great addition.

The only problem that I see with our squad at the moment is the lack of depth in midfield. Especially if Deco leaves, Ramires would be the solution for that.

A brazilian international! Whether or not it happens is irrelevant - the comments just show how spoilt some of our fans now are.

Come on, lets not be all deluded about Brazilians players. They have hardly set the English league a light.

I hope i'm proved wrong, but Rameries is not Ronoldhino, Rivaldo, Pele, etc. Melo (who has been awful in Italy) & Gilberto (who is avarage) were keeping him out the team.

I get the point about fans being spoilt, but we are a big club looking to win many trophies, things change.

Realistically I would like to see a lot more of Kakuta next season. Bruma should be a regular off the bench. But we still need improvements if we want to the the Champs League.

Everyone needs to chill out and wait until august. Once City are done with their shopping list, other clubs will start to move more in the market. I firmly believe that.

Its clear we are gonna play youngsters more this year, but its also clear we will probably have will probably lose 5 first teamers from the squad, and so far only one player has been brought from the outside. I dont think all of them will be replaced with youngish talent, some, but not all.

patience, patience. There are always stupid rumors to cure summer football boredom

Anyone who has just seen Kakuta set up the winner for France in the under 19 final will realise we have a potential gem on our hands that just needs nurturing. The new premiership rules and forthcoming Champ League rules mean we now have to be very careful who we bring into the squad.

I hope i'm proved wrong, but Rameries is not Ronoldhino, Rivaldo, Pele, etc.

All very different players in different positions with different roles. They simply cannot be compared just because of their nationality. Its like saying Lee Dixon was no Glen Hoddle.

Melo (who has been awful in Italy) & Gilberto (who is avarage) were keeping him out the team.

Ramires got in the team ahead of Melo eventually in the World Cup and played well in Brasils middle two games. One of the reasons Dunga gave for their exit was because they missed Ramires.

But we still need improvements if we want to the the Champs League.

Champions League. Chumpions Schegue.

I'm bored. Of no football.

I'd rather us spend nothing, than go around wasting money. And I'd rather sleep for the next few weeks, until the good stuff begins again!

::clap2::

Exactly! Im bored but for no reason than our competitive games havent started yet.

I dont understand the panic. I mean if we hadnt just had our best season ever and if we hadnt just smashed multiple EPL scoring records, then maybe I would see some concern.....but last summer we bought a squad player and some prospects(exactly as we have this season) and we dominated everything but the CL, which had we got a couple of penalty calls we deserved could of been a whole different story.

In fact, more than a 60million signing, I think all we need is just that little bit of luck even the worlds best teams need to win a major tournament.....somehting we've yet to have, unless you count bad luck as then weve had that in spades. Worlds best striker(2 of the ebst inr ecent EPL history), Worst best scoring midfielder, worlds best box to box mid, probably the best defencive group in club football or certainly one of, lots of promising young players......not exactly a team to be found lacking.....

Archived