FIFA 11

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Anyone else pick up FIFA 11 yet? I know it came out a few days earlier in the States then in the U.K. I'm enjoying it so far, seems to be an improvement over FIFA 10. Passing is much more realistic in the new version. Scoring has also been very hard for me, keepers have been out of their skin even when I'm 1 on 1.

The Chelsea squad is pretty spot on. The default formation is Carlo's 4-3-3 with the fullbacks pushing up. Anelka and Drogba will switch positions as they do in real life, ill notice Drogba randomly out on the wing with Anelka in the center at times, Ive been using Kakuta a lot as a sub and he's been pretty awesome. Disappointed to see McEachern onky have a 66 rating (I think). His rating should be like 90-95 right ::ChElSeaFLag:: Wish they would have give Chelsea the proper gold badges.

i was annoyed to see ivanovic rated at (i think) 79,which as wel all know i wrong, he was voted the best right back in the premier league last year,surely an 82 rating would have been fairer?

Yeah I forgot to say that annoyed me too. He is rated as a 82 overall but drops to 77 at right back.

Then again Ashley is only rated 82 when at left back position (84 overall though? Maybe rated higher as a wing back or something?)

Anyone with a second to spare care posting our squad's ratings on here? Not going to be getting this for a little bit.

Chelsea

Cech (84)

Ivanovic (77) | Alex (80) | Terry (85) | Cole (82) |

Mikel (76) | Essien (84) | Lampard (86)

Anelka (81) | Drogba (87) | Malouda (83)

I haven't got the game yet. Maybe somebody who has got it can post a screenshot

And if these ratings are correct, wtf? Ivanovic, Alex, Mikel, Essien, Anelka, Malouda should all be higher :Connie_threaten:

Edited by footballoholic

Been playing the demo like a nutter, picking it up this weekend hopefully. The game is a massive step forward compared to FIFA 10. Especially the new engine that I think was used in the world cup game, I just love it.

I had a hard time scoring in this game as the keeper have been improved a lot, can hardly chip the ball over him like in FIFA 10 where almost all goals were chips and that pissed me off. Well done EA for making it a better experience on that part.

I buy it mainly because of the online play and Pro Clubs is one of them reasons as I play with my mates as we have our own little club on there and often play 3v3 and its an alright laugh, especially as you now can save your goals online and we tend to score some amazing goals, not to brag :P

FIFA beats Pro Evo once again by a mile simply because of the better online experience and engine, the animations look so poor on pes, so stiff and awkward if you ask me compared to FIFA.

The animations on pes this year are fantastic, have you played it?

I played both, both look good, I'll buy pro Evo though as I prefer the ganeplay and actually being able to take the ball around people.

FIFA annoys me the ping passing, it's like an ice hockey game. Also the slightest bit of contact and you lose the ball. In pro you can dribble around people.

I think it's more realistic and a purer footballing experience.

Both decent, but for me it's Pro Evo all the way

:)

I tried to play online earlier (I quit in the end as I was getting wound up) - I entered me code etc like you're supposed to - but when I eventually found someone to play against, it wouldn't let me select my team!! It let me exit (i.e. the circle button) but not advance (x) and play the guy. WTF, as I said I got angry and turned the thing off. Probably should read the manual, but everything seems overly complicated this time. Don't get me started on the passing and getting past players. I'll grow into it, but FIFA 10 was an instant hit, FIFA 11 is just pissing me off at the moment.

EA servers are apparently having lots of issues atm, not a surprise there as they always have some sort of problem when a new game is released, same happened when FIFA 10 got released.

Should be sorted out soon and you can enjoy playing online again without freezing or problems finding people to play with.

It is selling for between £25 and £30 on amazon (depending on which console you have) - [shameless plug alert] - if you are ordering it through them don't forget to go through the link on our index page

Ok so I bought the game this tuesday and so far im enjoying it, the only thing that bothers me is that its so easy to score headers from corners and crosses, anyone noticed this?

One other thing is that the offside rule is bugged, the ref will blow for offside if a player is in offside position and it goes towards that player but he is nowhere close to even get it or even be involved with the play, so frustrating.