January Transfer Window

blizeH
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I guess the more realistic the better, just interested from a theoretical point of view - if you were the manager of Chelsea and could sign three players, who would you go for?

Gary Cahill - excellent centre back and proven in the prem. Not sure if he'd be happy being fourth choice CB though...

Ganso - amazingly creative and seems to really make things happen, something we *really* lack when Lampard is out

Andy Caroll - just always impresses me, i know he has a lot of issues off the pitch but on the pitch he's fantastic. superb work rate, constantly battling, brilliant strength and surprising skill and pace too.

Also wouldn't mind Jaigelka, Phil Jones or Lukaka too.

Edited by blizeH

Has anyone seen Aguero play this season? He scored his 2nd goal of the season this weekend, but is no where near his best (partly down to injury).

He doesn't represent good value for the amount a club would have to pay.

Has anyone seen Aguero play this season? He scored his 2nd goal of the season this weekend, but is no where near his best (partly down to injury).

He doesn't represent good value for the amount a club would have to pay.

I havent seen him play but he has 5 goals and 4 assists in 11 appearances so far... not that bad if u ask me

I dont want to sound like a bit of a grump but do people actually think we'd spend over 50 million in January? Also do people think we would get 3 players?

I still convinced we wont buy anyone.

Of course we wont buy three players, not even if they're really cheap, but one can always fantasize.

And when we actually come to january both JT and Alex might be back or atleast being close to returning. Heck, we might have a full squad by then.

I think that we might not sign anyone, unless we get a chance at buying someone who we've been after but couldn't get in the summer.

Let's say Neymar finally decides to leave and we're still interested, then I think we might spend some money on him. But other than that I don't see us going on a shopping spree.

Just one I'd like to see and that's a keeper to push Cech - not to take his place while he's showing the form he's in at the moment!

Other than that I think I'd like to see the youngsters start games when the more experienced players in their position are injured, I think Bruma should have played last weekend, I think Josh should actually have got a bit more game time while Lampard has been out (I know he's had more than anyone would have expected), I'd like to see Sturridge and kakuta start when the chance arises.

We all say we want our youth to get a chance but most of you have proved you don't mean that by going mad when we loose a game - get them in and take the occassional hit.

I havent seen him play but he has 5 goals and 4 assists in 11 appearances so far... not that bad if u ask me

Not in the league he doesn't, unless they were fibbing on Sky Sports.

I think in regards to him, the time has passed. Lets invest in Lukaka and possible Neymar, both great prospects.

I dont want to sound like a bit of a grump but do people actually think we'd spend over 50 million in January? Also do people think we would get 3 players?

I still convinced we wont buy anyone.

I don't think we will either. Perhaps a loan move.

Firstly I dont think we are going to buy 3 players, secondly I dont think there is a big signing coming in Jan. Having said that I'd love to see Cahill in a blue shirt at the earliest and it may not be a bad idea given Terry's declining pace and Alex's dodgy fitness record. It will be a long term solution to an area which seems to be the biggest concern at the moment.

Realistically Phil Jones (or another young CB) and recalling one or two of the half dozen defenders we have out there would do great. Think getting Jones even for about 8-9 million would be great business.

If my mind can run wild a young, accomplished CB (Jones is still my main choice), a pacey winger (Piennaar cheap, Pjanic pricey), and a tricky attacking midfielder* (my inner muppet would love someone like Mikel Arteta or Niko Krancjar, but I have a feeling Carlo will chase Kaka on loan).

*not really a must given that we have Kakuta, McEachren, and potentially Cork

Edited by TheWestwayWonder

Now, if we get REALLY crazy

Argh ok, these are not realistic and I'm all for youth... BUT, I'd love to see:

Aguero, Schweinsteiger and Van Der Vaart...

Proper FM esc :D

Yeah, that :beg: I would need a towel to clean up all the drooling I would do

In all seriousness, the hype around Aguero has come way down in the last year-18 months, and as someone here said, he is not playing at his level of old. But he is still just 22. Not the time to make a bid this winter, but if we chased him in the summer, I dont think there is any way Atletico are getting the old touted fee of 50m+ GBP.

Michael Mancienne - Can play all the defensive positions on the pitch and wouldn't mind being fourth choice behind Branna, Alex & JT. Would be our O'shea for example but more talented.

Jack Cork - Can play every position in centre midfield as well as full-back and CB. Excellent backup player.

Alan Dzagoev - Quality player and could provide us the creativity we are lacking with Lampard & Benayoun out. Can also play on both wings.

Btw do people think we'll actually pay £10m+ on a fourth choice backup especially when we're aiming towards breaking even?

Edited by Gilvorak

In all seriousness, the hype around Aguero has come way down in the last year-18 months, and as someone here said, he is not playing at his level of old. But he is still just 22. Not the time to make a bid this winter, but if we chased him in the summer, I dont think there is any way Atletico are getting the old touted fee of 50m+ GBP.

Totally agree Westway... Would rather see Neymar or Pato instead of him.

a fee of 50m GBP seems totally crazy right now...

But also I have to admit Dzagoev hasnt developed aswell as I hoped..he was at his best in his first season and is now not even a starter sometimes.

Edited by german-blue

Gary Cahill, the 24 year old Bolton central defender, would be an acceptable option if we fail to sign the 23 year old, David Luiz, who plays central defence for Benfica and Brazil.

Bastin Schweinsteiger, the 26 year old Bayern midfielder would be the ideal replacement for Michael Ballack. He can adapt to any role in midfield.

Andy Carroll, the 21 year old Newcastle striker, who has impressed Ancelotti, is worth a gamble. A 15 million bid should be sufficient to sign him.