WBA v Chelsea (PL) 16/04/11 KO 15:00 BST

disillusion

Lets move on guys. Yesterday wasn´t good but we have an important and tough game coming up on Saturday. WBA under Woy are still unbeaten and after the loss yesterday it will surely be hard to pick ourselves up. I´d like to see Yossi and Torres start and pass the ball around. I doubt that Alex can play another 90 min but Luiz is back and will be eager to play surely. Yuri should get a go as well.

Even though our season is over in terms of cups, we still havent got 4th nailed down. I would like to see if Carlo will try and develop a partnership between Yossi and Torres so the starting line up for me would be;

Cech

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Yossi - Essien

Anelka - Torres - Zirkov

Lampard was shocking last night and i hope its because he needs a rest.

No way alex can start or he might die on the pitch.

I´d like to think that we still have a pretty good chance to finish 2nd.

Our fixtures are definitley favouable in comparison to Arsenal. They've got a fair few tough away games (Tottenham, Stoke, Bolton) and need to win all their home games if they're to win the title, so who knows. Can't say I'm that bothered if we get second or not.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole/PF

Benayoun - Ramires - Josh

Drogba - Torres - Kalou

That's what I'd like to see. Not saying it's the best lineup, or the one Carlo will go for, because it isn't - but I'd love to see Yossi and Josh thrown into this, with Ramires playing in the role that Essien has been playing lately, since he's been practically holding the midfield together by himself anyway lately.

Trying Drogba and Torres in a 4-3-3 with Torres as the focal point sounds good to me too. I'd be tempted by Ferreira but not sure any of those back 4 really need a rest right now, maybe in place of Ash?

----------------------------------------Cech-----------------------------------------

-------------------Ivan----------Luiz--------JT------------------Ash-------------

----------------------------------Mikel-------Ramires-----------------------------

-------------Bosingwa---------------Benayoun----------------Zhirkov-------

----------------------------------------Torres---------------------------------------

Hard on Drogba but its worth a try...just to see if that makes Torres get some service

I cant believe after what we saw yesterday, some people still want Torres to start and Drogba on the bench. Its mind boggling to me.

I'm with you. I realise he cost £50m, but he's clearly a hindrance to the team at the moment. Get Drogba starting regularly again, he looked back to his old self again yesterday. If Torres wants to start, we'll give him 30 minutes every game until he warrants his place.

west brom wont be an easy game. We need to go all out for the win and boost morale a bit.

i think drogba should start and if we are winning at the break bring torres on to partner him.

roll on the weekend, lets win and move on.

We Seem to forget it took Henry 8 Premierleague Games to score a goal took Bergkamp 6 it's not easy as everyone thinks it is they have to gel with our system we seem to forget liverpool & chelsea are 2 complete different teams one being successful in the last 7 years the other never winning the premier league the other team reaching 8 semi final's 3 Leagues 3 Fa Cups 2 Carling Cups & 2 Community Shields what more could you ask for from us so don't worry give him time

Against Westbrom we should play Torres & Drogba With Benayoun in the center to provide torres with the goals!!!

We need to move on from yesterday, WBA won't be easy at all, torres and drogba should start together with lampard resting.. Yossi should start too, played excellent and formed some great passes for torres to bag his 1st goal against wigan

sorry to be a cock and point this out but torres is yet to bag his first goal.

I'd rest a few players.

Ivan, as always, ran his arse off so I'd put him on the bench, start Ferreira. Alex should be on the bench too.

Lamps definitely needs a rest, he looked completely drained by the end of the Manure match. Yossi in place of him.

Torres on the bench, Malouda on the bench too, he couldn't run for the last 10 minutes yesterday, Zhirkov instead.

-------------------------Cech

---Ferreira----Luiz-------------JT----Ashley

------------------------Essien

----------Ramires---------------Yossi

---Anelka-------------Drogba----------Zhirkov

Are there any computer hackers on here?.I need to get into this forum so I can change my Shedend last 11 match predictions.

Had this match as a comfortable 3-0!,now Hodgsons sorted them out, i'd like to change it.

(and a couple of others................................Butch are you listening!!).

I presume that Carlo will be toast at the end of the season whatever happens from here on in. Even in the massively unlikely event that we were to overhaul Utd, his job was to win the CL for Roman and both his attempts have been pretty abject.

So, he may as well do what he wants rather than worry about what Roman wants.

If we are to go out with a bang and get ourselves up to second then we need to find some kind of pattern of play, something that has been missing since September. At the moment we just look like a bunch of individuals winging it and hoping for the best.

Even last night we played with no width. any team worth their salt will find it a lot easier to shut us out if we persist in trying to play through the middle.

My team would be:

Cech

Ivanovic

Terry

Luiz

Cole

Mikel

Essien

Lampard

Kalou

Drogba

Malouda

BUT, both Malouda and Kalou need to play wide in a front three, NOT narrow in a Xmas tree.

We also need to play at a high tempo. We can't afford to give teams time to get set defensively. We have to move the ball quickly and accurately.

I can't say I have high hopes of any of this happening.

I'd rest a few players.

Ivan, as always, ran his arse off so I'd put him on the bench, start Ferreira. Alex should be on the bench too.

Lamps definitely needs a rest, he looked completely drained by the end of the Manure match. Yossi in place of him.

Torres on the bench, Malouda on the bench too, he couldn't run for the last 10 minutes yesterday, Zhirkov instead.

-------------------------Cech

---Ferreira----Luiz-------------JT----Ashley

------------------------Essien

----------Ramires---------------Yossi

---Anelka-------------Drogba----------Zhirkov

This is the team I would go for to. It's just not happening for Torres at the moment so I think we need to go back to Drogba. He certainly hasn't lost confidence in front of goal & we need to secure that 3rd place at least rather than 4th where it would mean starting our season earlier & affecting our pre-season.

Talk about who want's to be a manager.If Carlo drops Torres it looks bad,if he plays him and he dosen't score,it looks bad.

Play him & yossi together,Anelka for the bench and with the hope that Didier will look to pass if its the better option,put him in too.

I have the feeling Drogba will start and Torress will play his 20 minutes off the bench and get humilated further after the match. Carlo won't risk anything right now, Lampard will play, Essien will play, Malouda will play.. I hope Yossi get a start or at least 30 minutes off the bench.

This won't be an easy match, old Roy trained them to defend well, will make it very diffcult for us.

Torres has to start, our chances of winning anythings gone and what a mistake it would be to not start torres and let him get his goals so that hes ready for the next season.

That's just how I would think if I was the manager though.

Archived