Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

15 hours ago, erskblue said:

Villa in 1981 winning the League, followed by, amazingly the  European Cup and

Then then fading quite dramatically, was also a big surprise back then.

Ipswich Town were the 'team that never won a title' back then.

Watching archive football on BT tonight, another team that came from no where, and I think they won the league cup and were in first Division for a few seasons Oxford United.

7 hours ago, chi blue said:

Watching archive football on BT tonight, another team that came from no where, and I think they won the league cup and were in first Division for a few seasons Oxford United.

Had forgotten about them to be honest.

Palace 'Team of the 80s' were another. They certainly had an amazing  rise and a quick and dramatic fall,

19550409.jpgSoccer Panorama on Twitter: "#Chelsea v #Wolves, April 1955. Peter ...Wolves captain Billy Wright punches the ball away from the goal ...Pin on Chelsea champions 1955

Today back in 1955, we played Wolves at The Bridge in front of 75,043 !

1-0 us. Peter Sillet penalty n the 75th min,

Those who tell us we haven't played in front of big crowds or have 'no history' will be knocking the 70,000 off...

12 hours ago, Ewan Hoozarmi said:

I've always quite enjoyed the Chelsea/Rangers thing. A good mate of mine is from Ballymena and taught me a few of the songs several years ago. Before that I used to wear a Rangers shirt (the Admiral one from 1990) to the Bridge back in the day - along with a fair few others as well.

I've seen Rangers at Ipswich, Arsenal and Fulham too. In fact, I was lucky enough to meet Alex McLeish at Sutton United a couple of weeks back. Started off by telling him I was a Chelsea/Rangers Blues Brother and then mentioned that I was at the Fulham pre-season friendly where Dado Prso scored a fantastic overhead kick. Have to say he was an absolute gent and had time for everyone. 

I've been a follower of Chelsea and Rangers for more years than I can remember. A mate of mine at primary school - which is a very long time ago - got me following Chelsea and as mentioned my Dad's side of the family is Rangers. They come from arguably the most ardent Rangers supporting town in the U.K.

Back in the late nineties I went with my Dad and some workmates to see Rangers play Arsenal at Highbury. I think it was a testimonial but can't remember whose. In the early nineties I remember seeing Walter Smith at Earl's Court. It was on the way to a game. He took time to chat to Chelsea fans. Walter was a great manager and is a Rangers Icon.

Just checked and the game at Highbury in the late nineties was a testimonial for Nigel Winterburn. Game was played in 96/97 and it finished 3-3.

Edited by Boyne