So whats the hold up

clubhappy

Not been here for a while , checking google news , sky sports , club website papers and still bugger all . Either Guus wants the job or he dosent , the club want him or they dont , its just dragging out at this stage , or maybe they know something they dont want to tell us . FRUSTRATING .

I agree. Everything has been frustrating. No Manager yet obviously has an effect on why we aren't signing players also. I would like to think that deals for Lukaku and Neymar are in the works, but the more time that goes by the more I doubt that thought. Especially Neymar.

Not been here for a while , checking google news , sky sports , club website papers and still bugger all . Either Guus wants the job or he dosent , the club want him or they dont , its just dragging out at this stage , or maybe they know something they dont want to tell us . FRUSTRATING .

Apparently both Hiddink and the president of the Turkish FA are on their holidays this week.

Fiddling while Rome burns...and Utd are making themselves solid with young players again...and it doesn't look like any of our named targets are coming...

Which young players have Utd signed?

We need to make some significant signings soon. If not we can kiss any chance of winning a trophy next season goodbye. Theres always speculation but no action. Snejider apparently is leaning towards staying in milan, we need to find a creative midfielder.

no not panic, but concern is fair as right now, no news from the club on anything from anyone

Which is the clubs policy and something they have done year on year, and I`m more than happy for them to carry on doing this.

I read somewhere that Chelsea and the Turkish FA are hassling over a pay-off for Hiddink. The amount mentioned in his contract is apparently substantial, but Chelsea don't want to pay the full amount, because they believe the Turks would have sacked Hiddink anyway. That is not a very solid argument though :) Anyway, this may drag on a bit longer than we'd all want.

I don't understand this sarcastic approach from people who defend the fact that we haven't made any moves so far by citing when the window officially opens and closes. Truth is, no one here knows why we haven't done anything yet, but it's a fact that you don't need to wait for July 1st to sign players, we see plenty of clubs getting things done. You can register players starting July 1st, but that's a formality. One doesn't have to be a genius to figure out that the sooner you finish your transfer ins and outs, the better it is for the club in their vitally important preseason preparations.

I don't understand this sarcastic approach from people who defend the fact that we haven't made any moves so far by citing when the window officially opens and closes. Truth is, no one here knows why we haven't done anything yet, but it's a fact that you don't need to wait for July 1st to sign players, we see plenty of clubs getting things done. You can register players starting July 1st, but that's a formality. One doesn't have to be a genius to figure out that the sooner you finish your transfer ins and outs, the better it is for the club in their vitally important preseason preparations.

I have complete faith that the backroom staff at Chelsea are working tirelessly in securing our next manager and have a plan for future players to sign. No moves should be made until whoever our manager is is sorted, so the plan can run by him. We've been guilty of just giving a manager a squad to work with rather than let him mould one. I believe if we get Guus, Roman will have complete faith in him to sign the players he wants and sign the players we need. Give it time.

I'd like to add to this by saying: Truth is, no one here knows THAT we haven't done anything yet. Just because they're not shouting about it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I have complete faith that the backroom staff at Chelsea are working tirelessly in securing our next manager and have a plan for future players to sign. No moves should be made until whoever our manager is is sorted, so the plan can run by him. We've been guilty of just giving a manager a squad to work with rather than let him mould one. I believe if we get Guus, Roman will have complete faith in him to sign the players he wants and sign the players we need. Give it time.

Guus has been consulting the club on its transfer policies for the last two years, he admitted that much himself. You don't need a manager to sign players as long as you know who your targets are. In the exceptional circumstances, when a big name player needs to be personally persuaded, someone like Hiddink can always give him an informal phone call without waiting to be offically unveiled as our new manager.

Guus has been consulting the club on its transfer policies for the last two years, he admitted that much himself. You don't need a manager to sign players as long as you know who your targets are. In the exceptional circumstances, when a big name player needs to be personally persuaded, someone like Hiddink can always give him an informal phone call without waiting to be offically unveiled as our new manager.

And how do you know that hasn't happened? As stated elsewhere, Chelsea don't make a habit of publicising which players they want to sign or which players they've approached.

We don't need announcements in the press or the official website or anywhere else to have confidence that the club are working behind the scenes. What happens every year is that people see other clubs making early pre-contractual agreements - which can be hijacked, no matter what the press would have you believe - and they panic. They're afraid of being left behind. I caught a little of the fat scouse and some other muppet on TalkSport yesterday crowing about how Man U and Liverpool had "stolen a march" on other clubs. And you know what? It's absolute bollocks.

We don't actually see any clubs getting anything done. Because the window hasn't opened, what we see are a few clubs mouthing off about what they intend to do. And what I see here are people acting like kids who can't wait for Christmas day to come.

Its the same every window Hutch, within hours of the window opening we get people posting saying why havent we signed players, we are being left behind, what are the idiots at our club doing, we will be relegated at this rate etc....

I think the problem is all the major clubs in Europe are competing for the same 10 or so players, until we have a manager in place and officially announced we are on a significantly weaker footing than the rest of our opposition. With this in mind I sincerly hope that an announcement is made within the next week.

And how do you know that hasn't happened? As stated elsewhere, Chelsea don't make a habit of publicising which players they want to sign or which players they've approached.

Most clubs don't. Somehow it gets found out, anyway. And I'm not complaining about the club not announcing their plans, it's just plain stupid. I'm talking about dragging our feet when others get it done.

We don't need announcements in the press or the official website or anywhere else to have confidence that the club are working behind the scenes. What happens every year is that people see other clubs making early pre-contractual agreements - which can be hijacked, no matter what the press would have you believe - and they panic. They're afraid of being left behind. I caught a little of the fat scouse and some other muppet on TalkSport yesterday crowing about how Man U and Liverpool had "stolen a march" on other clubs. And you know what? It's absolute bollocks.

You just blindly believe that everything is fine and the work is being done behind the scenes. If that's your choice, that's fine, but that doesn't mean you're right, it's just your opinion. I don't think the club is doing as well when it comes to negotiating and signing players in the transfer window as it should, and it isn't based just on this summer. We allowed the squad to get older and haven't done nearly enough to address the areas in need of improvement like adding speed and creativity to our midfield instead of buying another centre back or right fullback.

It was obviously a decision made in advance to let Carlo go at the end of the season. And yet here we are, almost in the middle of June, with no manager and no director of football, no new signings and no transfers out besides a handful of youngsters.

We don't actually see any clubs getting anything done. Because the window hasn't opened, what we see are a few clubs mouthing off about what they intend to do. And what I see here are people acting like kids who can't wait for Christmas day to come.

Yes, we actually see other clubs getting it done. Real signed Sahin and Altintop before the season was even finished. United already got De Gea,Jones and Young in the bag, and Pool bought Henderson. Now, I didn't want any of those players at Chelsea but clearly they were targeted by the buying clubs and were snapped without much fuss. I haven't seen us make deals that fast in years. Whether it's the incompetence of Gourlay or something else, I don't know but I refuse tio believe we're doing everything we can to secure our new players in a timely fashion.

Archived