Who are you most excited for?

Who?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you most excited for the future?

• Nathaniel Chalobah
    • Milan Lalkovic
    • Conor Clifford
    • Islam Feruz
    • Billy Clifford
    • Tomas Kalas
    • Ulises Davila
    • Lucas Piazon
    • Ben Gordon
    • Kaby
    • Carl Magnay
    • Todd Kane
    • Aziz Deen-Conteh
    • Rohan Ince
    • Jacob Mellis
    • Marko Mitrovic
    • Adam Phillip
    • Alex Kiwomya
    • Jamal Blackman
    • Daniel Pappoe
    • Other

Bored at work so I figured I'd start a poll to see where the interest lies on this board regarding our youth team.

I tried to omit players that have played for the senior team, so no Josh, Lukaku, Bertrand, Kakuta, PVA, Bruma, etc. Note that I am not counting playing summer friendlies as an appearance for the senior team. Regarding our young goalies, I know I put Blackman in there, but I left off Walker and Delac (who aren't doing much at the moment). I also left Courtois off the list since he would have surely gotten a cap this year if he was at Chelsea. Arbitrary I know, but that's how I want it to be.

I probably forgot a couple prominent players, sorry for that. Be sure to hit "Other" if your player isn't on here and let me have it in the comments! :)

Edited by ace

Of those, I think these have the best chance of becoming professionals at PL level (though probably not with us):

- Chalobah (He might get a chance here when Terry retires)

- Conor Clifford (Won't make it here, but could be a decent player for a lower table PL team)

- Piazon (Will probably end up playing in Italy or France)

The rest will probably drop a division or two to find their level.

I'm the only one who has and probably will vote for Deen-Conteh, but whenever I've seen him he's massively impressed me. I chose him because the obvious ones are too easy. Chalobah, Piazon, Feruz, Kalas and the like are kind of more obvious.

He's got real pace. He's better going forward than Bertrand and better defensively than Van Aanholt. He could do with a bit more strength but that is something that happens as players get older. I actually think he's going to be better than Bertrand and Van Aanholt, but then again who knows how much they'll improve. His physical attributes are what will push him to the top level though.

It's really difficult to only pick one and in some cases it's hard to tell as they haven't been at the club long.

Chalobah, Lalkovic and Kane have all impressed me on the occasions I've seen them, as have Mellis (Didn't he make a cameo appearance for the first time at some point last season?) and Billy Clifford. Although unfortunately I think the latter two might both fall short of making it with us. Kalas looked good pre-season and has impressed in Holland so maybe he'll break through. Having said that, I thought the same of Bruma not very long ago.

Different players at different stages of their development, so it's hard to judge.

It's really difficult to only pick one and in some cases it's hard to tell as they haven't been at the club long.

Chalobah, Lalkovic and Kane have all impressed me on the occasions I've seen them, as have Mellis (Didn't he make a cameo appearance for the first time at some point last season?) and Billy Clifford. Although unfortunately I think the latter two might both fall short of making it with us. Kalas looked good pre-season and has impressed in Holland so maybe he'll break through. Having said that, I thought the same of Bruma not very long ago.

Different players at different stages of their development, so it's hard to judge.

Bruma's been playing pretty well for Hamburg - it's early to give up on his breaking through. I went with Kalas, but Chalobah, Bruma, Piazon, and Feruz have all looked very promising so far this year.

I don't get to see much of the youth besides in youtube clips, but Lalkovic is my pick. I hope he continues to progress nicely, would love to see him taken on our preseason tour next year and maybe get some Carling Cup minutes.