Thanks to MidlandBlue & Mad_Mac I feel at home here!

As the name suggests, I was there when you could go through the turnstiles with a programme in your hand and still have change from your fiver to get the bus home near Brixton. I was 14 then... and it was standing at the Shed End reading that programme one day which led me to accept the challenge from Fulham's biggest fan and most fantastic gentleman, Bill Goodsell, secretary of the West London Referees Society, and to "earn me badge".

Several years have passed since I last reffed but I still recall grown men telling me that I was "not a bad ref for a bird" and the kids telling me "You can't be a ref Miss, you're a girl!".

What hasn't changed is my "blue blood" - from watching Bonetti and Harris, through Walker, Stanley and Wilkins, Dixon, Wise, Zola and now Lamps and JT. It's nice to be amongst other Blues and with a fellow Jam fan in Mad_Mac and MidlandBlue with his Brixton avatar I feel very much at home.

Funny you should say that - early memories as a Shed Ender are of West Ham, Not good ones either,they're those of a late-teenaged lad being kicked sh*t out of on a number 11 bus having done no more than answered "yes" to the question "Are you Chelsea?" and memories of WHU thugs getting into the Shed and kicking with Doc Martins all the way down the terrace, sending us all flying.

I met four angels that day - a bunch of young blokes up from Brighton, about 17 or 18 years old to my 15 years, who grabbed hold of me and formed a human wall around me as I stood in front of the crash barrier to prevent me from getting crushed as the idiots kicked their way down from the top of the Shed. They stayed with me throughout the match - well, all except one who got thrown out by the police for saying "Look at that black geezer!" about another fan (for some daft reason which was so un-racist and inoffensive I can't even remember what it was now) . Having received a kicking from the plod he jumped back over the wall and rejoined us a little later. :biggrin:

At the end of the game, instead of heading for the tube station to get their train home and knowing there would be trouble on the buses going from the Bridge, they walked me down to Sloane Square and saw me safely onto another bus route home before making their way to their train station.

Never met them before, sadly never met them again... I'd love to think that they are reading this because thank you doesn't even begin to describe it.

I bet that was BlueBerard! That's just the sort of thing he would have done!

I can guarantee it wasn't, I knew BlueBeard back then and he would have been defending the honour of the Shed, 100% cert.

Anyway, welcome noseatingintheetcetc, another South London bod and Jam fan, as is the aforementioned and mysteriously absent from the site lately BlueBeard, him Mitcham me Carshalton, here, welcome to the site.

Edited by MKBlue

I can guarantee it wasn't, I knew BlueBeard back then and he would have been defending the honour of the Shed, 100% cert.

Anyway, welcome noseatingintheetcetc, another South London bod and Jam fan, as is the aforementioned and mysteriously absent from the site lately BlueBeard, him Mitcham me Carshalton, here, welcome to the site.

No, I think you've misunderstood me - I meant BlueBeard would have been one of the young men who protected her from the louts! yes, he defended the honour of the Shed but he also was a true gent!

No, I think you've misunderstood me - I meant BlueBeard would have been one of the young men who protected her from the louts! yes, he defended the honour of the Shed but he also was a true gent!

He would have only had eyes for our jellied eel munching chums, ask him next time he's on.

It's me who'd have been your Sir Galahad................. never trust a man with a beard.

Edited by MKBlue

If you *diss my friend BlueBeard, I shall have to put a spell on you, which may result in the name on your shirt being more appropriate than you'd like it to be! I'll pass your regards on to BlueBeard next time I speak to him!

* this is a word the youngsters have invented!

Yes, in fact I've just PM'd him telling him about this conversation. I speak to him quite regularly on the phone, but can;t tell you where he is till I know that he wants you to know where he is, if you follow my drift!

P.S. the less said about your aspirations, the better!

Edited by moi

Yes, in fact I've just PM'd him telling him about this conversation. I speak to him quite regularly on the phone, but can;t tell you where he is till I know that he wants you to know where he is, if you follow my drift!

P.S. the less said about your aspirations, the better!

Tell him I said hello

Tell him I said hello

OK, I'll ring him tomorrow, but will he recognise you from the name MKBlue - if you want to PM me your first name, there might be more chance of his recognising you.

f**k me, its Cilla Black!

There should be asterisks in that woman's name! C*ll* Bl*ck is the correct spelling for that L*v*rp*dl**n slapper with the screechy voice! And the words f**k and C*ll* should never be used in the same sentence.

OK, I'll ring him tomorrow, but will he recognise you from the name MKBlue - if you want to PM me your first name, there might be more chance of his recognising you.

Yeah, we spoke a lot on here just after I signed up, I used to tag along with his lot, who were 2-3 years older, when they went in the North Stand in the early 70s. He didn't remember me personally but we knew a lot of the same people locally, he knew my big sis Debbie, who was engaged to one of his mob for a while, pretty well and we went to the same senior school.

Edited by MKBlue

As the name suggests, I was there when you could go through the turnstiles with a programme in your hand and still have change from your fiver to get the bus home near Brixton. I was 14 then... and it was standing at the Shed End reading that programme one day which led me to accept the challenge from Fulham's biggest fan and most fantastic gentleman, Bill Goodsell, secretary of the West London Referees Society, and to "earn me badge".

Several years have passed since I last reffed but I still recall grown men telling me that I was "not a bad ref for a bird" and the kids telling me "You can't be a ref Miss, you're a girl!".

What hasn't changed is my "blue blood" - from watching Bonetti and Harris, through Walker, Stanley and Wilkins, Dixon, Wise, Zola and now Lamps and JT. It's nice to be amongst other Blues and with a fellow Jam fan in Mad_Mac and MidlandBlue with his Brixton avatar I feel very much at home.

Fair play to you that must have been a tough gig in those days . The poor Ref's used to get the dogs abuse when I used to play at Scrubbs or Hackney on a Sunday not for the faint hearted that role .

There should be asterisks in that woman's name! C*ll* Bl*ck is the correct spelling for that L*v*rp*dl**n slapper with the screechy voice! And the words f**k and C*ll* should never be used in the same sentence.

Say hello to the old w**ker from me too, I can't afford to call him, or you could say "ello my dwarlings"

Charlie+Drake+charliedrake.jpg

PMSL at the converstations on here!

Tim, you can call me whatever you like me darlin'. :)

Tea Bar Boy - thank you. Yep, it was erm... challenging! Though to be fair the worst ones by far weren't the adult male players but the PARENTS of the little kids. Abusive, arrogant, ignorant buggers, some of them. A lot of them, in fact.

You've made me grin with some great memories and shiver too. Way back in my late teens some of my friends were in a team cobbled together from a bunch of young guys who were in the music business or friends of those who were. And of course, like a fool, being a big footie fan and groaningly giving into their pleas for support (thanks Tony Page!), I used to go watch them, occasionally on Hackney Marshes.

I've stood in the snow on the terraces at both the Bridge and Selhurst Park and so I thought I knew what cold was... but there is nothing in the world as cold as Hackney effing marshes at 11am on a Sunday morning in mid-winter!

Btw, who is this Bluebeard fella? :)