Shed Heaven!

GarryJones

You may think the Shed End was demolished by a bunch of men baring pick axes and driving JCB:s. Well - you're wrong.

The workers who turned up to do it were working for the second contractor on site. They thought that they were supposed to take down the shed but it was no longer there. So they just presumed that the first contractors had actually managed to find time to do it. So they got on with their work and continued with the stadium build.

What actually happened was told to me by the ghost of a Chelsea fan that I used to know. He appeared to me as the ghost of Chelsea past last night when I came home from the pub. He took me back to that summer's day when the Shed End was to be demolished. At that the sky opened above the Shed End and the entire end ascended into heaven

He took me there last night and showed me it was once again full of fans. Mates and family members I remember from my youth. They were in full song: The "White Wall", the "Middle of the Shed" and even the "Tea Bar" fans at the Bovril entrance were, for once, audiable. Then I looked at the faces more closley. All these people had died: The young lad we used to see on the special, the big guy that fell out of the 125 on the way to Swansea in 1980, Chelsea fans old and young that had seen their last game. Suddenly I became aware there was a game on the field behind me. A great save by Petar Borota from George Best, a massive kick down the field to Peter Houseman who evaded a challenge from Billy Bremner and put in a great cross to the head of Osgood who outjumped Bobby Moore and headed the ball into in the back of the net. The Shed End exploded in unison. Blue and white everywhere and a good old Knees Up Mother Brown. One person missing from the pitch: the referee. I asked the Ghost but he just smiled and said Saint Peter shows them all the red card at the gate I am afraid. (So it's true!). I asked how the player's and fans would know when the game was over. Again my friend smiled as he replied that this was the game with no fouls, no injuries and no final-whistle.

One day we will all meet up there again. We will be back to the carefree days of innocent youth and childhood dreams. Some of our mates and family members are already there - in that hallowed shrine that awaits us all - The Shed End in the Sky.

Let this thread be dedicated to them all.

A wall of honour to our fallen.

(Just add a name and a optional note to those that are waiting for you up there)

BoulderBollocks

An old member of this site. Myself, him and BlueBeard (also of this site) used to find Radio streams on Yahoo before the days of streaming video. We were scattered about the place Geographically, so this was our only Chelsea outlet.

Had a great sense of humour, and used to come back just before the half tiem kick off and tell us in great detail about the sh*t he'd just taken during the break.

BoulderBollocks

An old member of this site. Myself, him and BlueBeard (also of this site) used to find Radio streams on Yahoo before the days of streaming video. We were scattered about the place Geographically, so this was our only Chelsea outlet.

Had a great sense of humour, and used to come back just before the half tiem kick off and tell us in great detail about the sh*t he'd just taken during the break.

RIP Nick - 31 Aug 2007

• 8 months later...

Just about one year to this day that Tony O'Grady, Chelsea Fan since 1958, died. Born in Hammersmith, resident of Ealing and for most of his life High Wycombe. A dedicated Blues supporter, Roxy Music, David Bowie and Soulboy. Tony lived the life... I remember him telling me about going for a drink after work and finding himself at Sanctuary in Heaven (the club!), in 1988. Everybody drinking water, Tony felt a bit out of place trying to get two pints of lager, so enquired to a fellow, 'Why is everybody so happy?'. 'Coz, they're all on one!', came the reply. So, Tony asked if he could have one...RIP Tony, True Blue. 1958-2011.