Cech's long kicks!

Icehole

Hi everyone this is my first post. on here its about somthnig i always been saying. i have supported chelsea for many years in fact i used to live next door To Micky Droy who was chelsea captain.

One thing that concerns me is how we give possesion away so easily in the game v man city every time Cech got the ball all he done was boot it up the field and give it back to man city so they could have another go.

This happened so many times and v a team like man city who are no muggs no team can afford to give the ball to them so many times.

Am i the only one who notices this or is there a reason i cant see why Cech does this.

That we have done for many seasons, loads back in the Jose days. Its most from desperation, but a lot of times that has happened where by Drogba has either scored or we have won a free kick to score from.

I know what you mean, it is annoying but its not totally down to Cech. A lot of time we are attacking then it goes all the way back up-field to be hoofed straight to opposition. Madness!

Yes you are right i have also seen Drogba score from such instances but they are very few and far between would we have lost so many games if we had not given the other team such easy possesion.

I have also seen many the other team knows exactly what cech cech is going to do and they know that they will get possesion again. that Game v man city i just knew what was going to happen when cech kept giving them the ball.

Its suicide to keep giving it away so easy.

i think cech is a good keeper but ever since his injury it seems hes alot more cautious which is understandable but he has made a few mistakes because he hasnt dived at peoples feet for he ball etc and instead stands off more which gives them a chance to get a shot on ar take it round him.

we need to sign some new players in the summer if we want to compete for all major trophies and i noticed that in last nights game lampard gave the ball away far to often and wasnt quik enough to track back.

anyone agree!!!!!

His delivery has never been great, but made it look a lot worse when we dont have the old Drogba winning the first header. I think his throwing is also poor, lack of accuracy and taking way too long, the precious seconds make the difference to the outcome of the counter attack. If we want to play possession football, we have to learn to pass from and around the back, and the GK is a huge part of that.

I think cech has had his best season since the injury, and i really dont see a problem with his distrubution so much. I think the problem lies in midfield.

when the ball is played back to cech, if the forwards from the opposing team are doing their job and 'splitting' the centre and full backs ( marking both pass options) then it has to go long.

the reason behind us giving possession back is that we dont win the second ball as often as we used to, as we no longer dominate midfield like we did with ballack, lampard, essien.

we either have to improve our midfield by signing a new midfield general that can physically dominate a midfield the way the aforementioned trio used to. or we need deep lying playmaker that can drop deep and receive the ball from cech, dictate the tempo and control the midfield i.e. modric, scholes, fabregas, xavi, pirlo, etc.

at the moment weve got personnel that cant really do either against the better teams.

ramires is our best midfielder but he's not sort of player to boss a midield he needs someone next to him. lampard has never been a playmaker, mereiles isnt good enough, unfortunately essien is no longer the player he once was, mceachran and romeu look a few years off , and although mikel has shown promise recently he really needs to start taking the game by scruff of the neck if he wants to be top player.

It's funny, I thought this thread was going to be about Cech's improved distribution. In the last few games he's made some amazing long kicks to the sidelines. Very accurate.

The accuracy of some of his long throws is amazing, but I guess it's not really noticed. I always thought Pete's distribution was pretty... Fantastic. Maybe the long kicks recently have been a bit poor but we may as well lose possession in their half rather than ours.

Hi everyone this is my first post. on here its about somthnig i always been saying. i have supported chelsea for many years in fact i used to live next door To Micky Droy who was chelsea captain.

One thing that concerns me is how we give possesion away so easily in the game v man city every time Cech got the ball all he done was boot it up the field and give it back to man city so they could have another go.

This happened so many times and v a team like man city who are no muggs no team can afford to give the ball to them so many times.

Am i the only one who notices this or is there a reason i cant see why Cech does this.

Micky Droy's next-door neighbour!! tell us more, please! And welcome!

I think since christmas he has been pretty solid, but i have always thought his distribution is average at best. It worked when Drogba was in his prime, but it is not as effective now.

I would like to see him throw the ball out a bit more, and if his is going to kick it long,then to do it it a couple of seconds faster. I like the way Joe Hart and Pepe Reina distribute the ball. I think the difference between them and Cech is that when they do it, they do it quickly, so the strikers are on the move already in the hope that a poor header from a defender, or them winning the ball would put them immediately through on goal, but Pete takes them vital seconds longer, so the best we can hope for is a knock on header.

I think he should work more on it in training, because kicking and distribution are now important parts of a goalkeepers game, and can be the difference between world class goalkeepers and good keepers.

Saying all that, the lack of movement from the midfielders can't be helping.

I dont know if Micky Droy still lives in the same street but the funny thing was he used to live in Highbury less than 2 streets away from the Arsenal ground.

He hardly ever said a word to any of the kids playing football in the street as we did .we did use dto call out to him to join us and give us a few tips but he just used to ignore us really footballers were different those days.