Anelka to take on player manager role

loz

I never thought he would go into management. He always seemed not bothered by football, only played it coz it pays alot and he was good at it. To be a manager you need more than that. Also im sure he will find it hard to talk to the other players and im sure his Chinese isnt up to scratch. Then again he has nothing to lose has he.

indeed it is a strange one, I think they parted with their guy and Anelka was the biggest name they had so they got him to step in. Will he be a player manager?

Quite the turn up for the books. Wonder if he gave AVB a call?

Somehow I missed this news and was shocked to see him listed as their manager. Like others, I am pretty surprised considering its the supposed mr. "le sulk". Then again, he always seemed like he was up for it when he was here.

If he turns Shanghai into a retirement home for some of our older players, I kinda think that would be very cool. It would help grow the sport in a gigantic market and would be great to see some of our old boys keep playing together.

I still regret the way Anelka was shoveled out of the club. Unfair on him as a player, and I feel he could certainly offer us some help right now.