Oscar will wear the number 11 shirt

Greg_cfc_4life

Oscar will wear Chelsea's famous number 11 shirt previously worn by Chelsea striker Didier Drogba. see here: http://www.weaintgot...-number-chelsea

Oscar number 11 shirt being sold on Chelsea FC official website: http://twitter.com/T...0904960/photo/1

Look on the squad list where you can choose your printing that is where you can see Oscar 11 printing at the very bottom of the list on this link: http://www.chelseame...aspx?pid=101177

Hope people dont put too much weight on the fact that he has taken the nr 11 shirt. I'll personally remember Drogba for who he was and not the nr he wore.

Great shirt for the young lad nevertheless, must be an honour to wear it!

doesn't matter who wear it will always be drogba's number

While I agree... We both may be thinking twice in a decade from now... For me the number really means not that much. In the States, numbers are everything and they get retired but... But in Football they don't get emphasized as much. Drogba will always be the greatest striker that I have seen at Chelsea regardless of what number he wore and who is currently wearing it. Truth he told though, I am glad Oscar has it because he is young and looks to be so promising. Nothing better than thinkning and then seeing beautiful play from number 11 for nearly 20 years!

Really only 2 shirts numbers are of note to me! 25 Zola and 26 Terry, that's because they been the first to make those numbers their own - it's the players who make the numbers not the other way around so what number Oscar or anyone else has is a bit irrelevant

First time watching Oscar today (outside of YouTube videos)... He is quite the talent. His movement off the ball is what impresses me.

Hulk is on the pitch too but honestly apart from a few free kicks he jumps in to take, he's pretty much non-existent. To be fair, I did turn it on after about 30 minutes so he could have done better earlier in the match. Perhaps his stock will come down and Porto will sell for less... Doubtful though.

Neymar is good but honestly I am glad we are not in for him. A bit selfish but still young.

These NBC commentators are rubbish and here in America they have actuaylly gone to television breaks. Just cut out for a commercial during a whistle and then come back in the middle of play. Ridiculous!

We're Chelsea FC, if players weren't allowed to wear shirt numbers previously worn by great players and servants to the club, we wouldn't have many numbers left to choose from.

Oohh, I like that. ::clap2::

I know it's not concrete but giving him such a low number would indicate (to me at least) that he will be playing more than a bit part role. You can use several examples that proves that wrong but it's just my opinion.

First time watching Oscar today (outside of YouTube videos)... He is quite the talent. His movement off the ball is what impresses me.

Hulk is on the pitch too but honestly apart from a few free kicks he jumps in to take, he's pretty much non-existent. To be fair, I did turn it on after about 30 minutes so he could have done better earlier in the match. Perhaps his stock will come down and Porto will sell for less... Doubtful though.

Neymar is good but honestly I am glad we are not in for him. A bit selfish but still young.

These NBC commentators are rubbish and here in America they have actuaylly gone to television breaks. Just cut out for a commercial during a whistle and then come back in the middle of play. Ridiculous!

I met a Brazillian man who is here for the Olympics at Fabric last night, I asked him what he thought of Oscar and he was full of praise, describing him as excellent and the second best Brazillian player at the moment. If he's as good as they all make out, £25m is a good price.

Oscar plays as a number 10 for brazil and for the olympics they do not give the number 10 just to any player this kid is good and chelsea needs him badly.!! and then with Mata coming back Marin dld not play this game and 2 or 3 more new players coming to chelsea.and who knows we still could sign hulk Falcao Cavani Jovetić Lewandowski Moses Azpilicueta.--------Mata-Oscar-Hazard.!! chelsea to win 2--1 in the fa community shield chelsea 4 life come on.!! ( chelsea chelsea chelsea )

Archived