Marquinhos

blue man

He does seem to be getting some rave reviews though, with the likes of Thiago Silva and Puyol. Thats not a bad start. If the price was lower I wouldn't mind..

Don't like brazilian CBs...

Because Brazil can't produce quality defenders now can they?

Quite easily the best CB in Serie A at the moment and he's only 18, not to mention new to the league. Definitely someone we should keep our eyes on.

Wouldn't say no but then again we already have quite a few good young CB's. Plus I would rather wait till the end of the season to see if he can keep his form up.

Quite easily the best CB in Serie A at the moment and he's only 18, not to mention new to the league. Definitely someone we should keep our eyes on.

Wouldn't say no but then again we already have quite a few good young CB's. Plus I would rather wait till the end of the season to see if he can keep his form up.

Calm down, he is not the best CB in Seria A. 12 games does not prove that.

Again it's another deal i just can't see happening.

Calm down, he is not the best CB in Seria A. 12 games does not prove that.

Again it's another deal i just can't see happening.

We have supposedly had a €28M bid rejected. Roma fans really rating him. Saying he's easily their best Cb and that the chances of keeping him if he keeps his performances up are very low indeed.

I would doubt he's better than Chiellini or Barzagli.

You know who's another one of the best CBs in Serie A? Stefan Savic. He was one of the most error-prone, awkward, incompetent defenders I've seen in the Premiership and yet he's been fantastic for Fiorentina. I've seen very little of Marquinhos, so don't interpret this as me writing him off or anything, but if there's one league where a healthy dose of skepticism is required in evaluating defenders, it's Serie A.

I didn't say he was the best, I said at the moment which he quite easily is. He's in great form at the moment.

I would doubt he's better than Chiellini or Barzagli.

At the moment? No doubt he is.

You know who's another one of the best CBs in Serie A? Stefan Savic. He was one of the most error-prone, awkward, incompetent defenders I've seen in the Premiership and yet he's been fantastic for Fiorentina. I've seen very little of Marquinhos, so don't interpret this as me writing him off or anything, but if there's one league where a healthy dose of skepticism is required in evaluating defenders, it's Serie A.

True, which is partly why I said we should wait till the end of the season so a proper evaluation can be made.

True, which is partly why I said we should wait till the end of the season so a proper evaluation can be made.

Agreed. It's not like we need another CB now anyway. In addition to Marquinhos, there are a number of very promising defenders in Germany as well as Okore from Nordsjaelland. If we want to get younger at the position, it's not a bad time to start looking.

I bought him on football manager, I can confirm he becomes a quality player in 5 years.

Phew. Thanks for the confirmation. For a moment there I was all "is he going to be good, isn't he" but now the heavy load is off my shoulders. ;-)

• 6 months later...

Archived