10 worst signings

blue man

Sorry to say there are many and I know he don't have many fans at the moment, but Torres is not even near the top ten.......Here is my top 1 for now Winston Bogarde

I think Torres would be in the top 20 but not the top 10, we have bought some utter crap over the years.

Bogarde

Mutu

Fleck

Sutton

Veron

Theirs 5 just off the top of my head without thinking too hard.

Worst during the Roman era based on wages/ transfer fees/ performances are:

1 ) Torres
2 ) Sheva
3 ) Mutu

4 ) Veron

5 ) Shawn Wright Phillips
6 ) Zhirkov
7 ) Bosingwa
8 ) Asier Del Horno
9 ) Boulahrouz
10 ) Geremi/ Deco/ Kezman/ Parker/ Tiago 

Torres; Sheva; Deco; Veron are the typical over the hill players we've signed although obviously Veron went on to have a semi good spell after leaving us at Italy the rest pretty much were finished for the top leagues by the time they left us. Mutu is a flop for the retarded crap he pulled here, otherwise I'd think he would have been alright in terms of performances. SWP; Zhirkov were talented wide men who impressed for Russia and City but failed completely to leave their mark and become first team regulars at the club(kinda feel Zhirkov never got much of a chance). We've had a long list of disasters when signing right backs, Bosingwa being the most expensive flop out of the lot(felt he kinda of redeemed himself during our CL run but still major flop). Then you have guys like Kezman; Tiago; Geremi; Parker; Glen Johnson who we paid a bit of money(small compared to the rest of our transfers but still substantial), who completely underwhelmed and left without doing anything of note(some did go on to be successful while others like Kezman are running gag).   

Worst during the Roman era based on wages/ transfer fees/ performances are:

1 ) Torres

2 ) Sheva

3 ) Mutu

4 ) Veron

5 ) Shawn Wright Phillips

6 ) Zhirkov

7 ) Bosingwa

8 ) Asier Del Horno

9 ) Boulahrouz

10 ) Geremi/ Deco/ Kezman/ Parker/ Tiago 

I liked Tiago and Geremi. Bosingwa also proved pretty useful at some points, usually when played out of position against good opposition.

As for my list? - Torres.

I don't feel comfortable putting anyone else on the same list as him as it would be an insult to our flops who at least resembled professional footballers.

How about making a sensible input, instead of making cock statements!

How about respecting the opinions of others? He is the worst player of the Roman era. No questions.

For a long time Bogarde was my least favourite Chelsea player for doing nothing and collecting money. Torres does this and more often than not I wish Torres would just sit on the bench and collect his pay check as at least he wouldn't get in the way.

I dont think Tiago deserves to be anywhere near such a list. No he wasnt an earthshattering acquisition, but he played his role in 2004/5 and did it well. We sold him on right afterward, but I always felt that was his desire to have more playing time when Michael Essien was going to relegate him to the bench (and would have, no comparison between the two).

Zhirkov might also be a little unfair. If we consider that he had some valuable games, but also some frustrating ones, then surely Bosingwa goes ahead of him, as we recouped most of our money for Yuri and let Bossie walk.

Another one which people have probably forgotten: Claudio Pizarro. Far worse than Kezman imo despite being on a free, and clearly can still score goals. For some reason he looked lost here.

I dont think Tiago deserves to be anywhere near such a list. No he wasnt an earthshattering acquisition, but he played his role in 2004/5 and did it well. We sold him on right afterward, but I always felt that was his desire to have more playing time when Michael Essien was going to relegate him to the bench (and would have, no comparison between the two).

Zhirkov might also be a little unfair. If we consider that he had some valuable games, but also some frustrating ones, then surely Bosingwa goes ahead of him, as we recouped most of our money for Yuri and let Bossie walk.

Another one which people have probably forgotten: Claudio Pizarro. Far worse than Kezman imo despite being on a free, and clearly can still score goals. For some reason he looked lost here.

I agree, If I remember he did well. Pizarro, good pick.

So Mutu remembered he was a professional footballer did he? While he was shoving the marching powder up his conk!

You might not like Torres but their have been worse & equally as bad during the Roman era!

When Mutu played I felt he was better than Torres...

If I remember correctly we also recouped the majority of our money as compensation for his drug habit. I'm sorry but in terms of bad signings nothing is worse than spending 50Million on this chump, the fact some people will debate if he is our worst signing under Roman just shows some of the dross we've signed.

When Mutu played I felt he was better than Torres...

If I remember correctly we also recouped the majority of our money as compensation for his drug habit. I'm sorry but in terms of bad signings nothing is worse than spending 50Million on this chump, the fact some people will debate if he is our worst signing under Roman just shows some of the dross we've signed.

We are awaiting settlement from Mutu, which we are unlikely to ever get! My point was that if you are going to participate in a discussion enter into the spirit of that conversation!

IMO what Mutu did was far worse than anything any of our other poor signings have ever done.

Neither Pizarro nor Kezman had a side build around them I would be surprised if either played even over 1000 minutes for us, if Torres was flogged off after his first 1000 minutes at the club he would have gone off with 1 or 2 goals to his name which is far worse than either Pizaro or Kezman. Neither of those two players were on anywhere near the wages Torres has been pocketing either. 

Regarding Mutu, we paid Â£15,800,000 he was not one of our top earners; he scored 10 goals in 38 appearances; we didn't have to pay his wages for a substantial amount of time and we might make some of the money we paid for him back. It pales in comparison to Sheva and Torres. 

How about respecting the opinions of others? He is the worst player of the Roman era. No questions.

For a long time Bogarde was my least favourite Chelsea player for doing nothing and collecting money. Torres does this and more often than not I wish Torres would just sit on the bench and collect his pay check as at least he wouldn't get in the way.

Bogarde may also have been a drain on resources and a pale imitation of a player, but Bogarde wasnt wanted and wasnt picked, and refused to leave.

Through Roman's hand, Torres is playing ever week. If the club opted to sell Torres, and hopefully that day is coming soon, I think he would go. If he refused and sat collecting wages while doing nothing, then we'd have a comparable.

Also people saying if the club opts to "sell" Torres have to realize that what we will do will not be selling him, most likely we will need to subsidize his wages at his new club in order to secure his departure from here. No top club will want to get any where near him, and the mid table clubs can't afford his wages - only chance to "sell" him is Russia/US/China and I don't see much chance of such a deal happening. 

Archived