Swansea v Chelsea (COC SF 2nd Leg) 23/01/13 19:45 GMT

Davey Baby

Okay boys and girls, we go to Swansea on Wednesday night for the 2nd leg of our semi-final in the Capital One Cup, looking to overturn a 2-0 deficit.

Swansea is in Wales, our manager looks like a whale, see the connection?

Swansea are nobodies, our manager is a nobody, see the connection?

Come on boys and girls ..

"Let's play CONNECTIONS !!!!!!!!"

Erm, a place in the Final at stake, if we lose it could be the FINAL straw? (Tentative connection at best). 

Regarding the match itself, I think it's going to depend on whether Swansea come out looking for the third goal, if they do hopefully it might open up the game a bit and we might be able to get an early goal. If we score within the opening 20 minutes it's game on, after that I think it's going to be an almighty slog. 

Damage was done by Swansea in the first leg, damage done to the club since Rafa arrived? (not just the team but the relationship between the fans and Roman too).

As for the game, too much for us to overturn this one. We would need to score a bucket full as the chances of keeping them out seem slim to none.

the chances of keeping them out seem slim to none.

and our "manager" is a svelte, slim dude!

Seriously, though, I was at the first leg and, apart from two spectacular brain-farts from Branna, we kept them out quite comfortably.  I can see this going to extra time, with us going through, DESPITE the interim's best efforts.

Erm, a place in the Final at stake, if we lose it could be the FINAL straw?

Damage was done by Swansea in the first leg, damage done to the club since Rafa arrived?

Absolute rubbish connections.

Let's try again ..

Dylan Thomas was born in Swansea.

He was a big influence on Bob Dylan.

Our manager is two bob.

See the connection .. ?

Guest RFC_CFC

Mission Impossible?

Not quite but I'd be stunned if we turned this around.

How do we approach the game? Swansea are lethal on the counter and equally good dictating the pace of the game.

Ba WILL start but will there be further rotation, Luiz missed out I'm assuming so he'd be ready for this game at the heart of midfield with Frank or Rambo. Terry? Is this too soon?

-------------------Cech-----------------

Cesar---------Cahill---------Terry(please)------Cole

------------------Luiz-------Frank------------------

Hazard----------Mata----------------Ryan

----------------Ba-------------------

That's how I think it will be, I doubt Oscar will be used for this game.

Damage was done by Swansea in the first leg, damage done to the club since Rafa arrived? (not just the team but the relationship between the fans and Roman too).

As for the game, too much for us to overturn this one. We would need to score a bucket full as the chances of keeping them out seem slim to none.

Like Napoli's deficit in the CL last season?  If we go there and turn it on like the first half against Arsenal, United before the cards, Leeds, Southampton (in the cup) and Villa; we are quite capable of giving them an absolute hiding they couldn't do much to resist.

I would love Terry back for this one for his leadership alone.  I'd start Lamps for the same reason.  This is the sort of game where the players have to dig deep and everyone has to give 100% for the full 90 (or more).  Ba absolutely must start.  

Like Napoli's deficit in the CL last season?  If we go there and turn it on like the first half against Arsenal, United before the cards, Leeds, Southampton (in the cup) and Villa; we are quite capable of giving them an absolute hiding they couldn't do much to resist.

I would love Terry back for this one for his leadership alone.  I'd start Lamps for the same reason.  This is the sort of game where the players have to dig deep and everyone has to give 100% for the full 90 (or more).  Ba absolutely must start.  

I don't understand why JT hasn't been given more game time since his 10 minute cameo against Stoke.

As you say this is the sort of game that we need the likes of JT, Lampard to step up and lead by example. 

I would be very surprised if Ba didn't start personally but I think Rafa needs to avoid picking all 3 of Mata/Oscar/Hazard because we need to ensure that when Swansea come at us the team tracks back and so I would possibly start Bertrand on the left of the front three. 

Archived