Do you think this will be your year then?

LS8_whites
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Ey up, Leeds fan in peace.

There's been a fair bit of media attention surrounding your club lately for obvious reasons. And a lot of people seem to be tipping you off to finally win the league once again under Jose. Personally I think this is fairly realistic, you've probably looked the most solid out of the three title contenders. Man U have looked shaky under Moyes so far, and Man City haven't been amazing. Losing at Cardiff and conceding three goals against them is pretty poor and not the best way to start a season.

I actually had you down to win it last season because you were doing pretty well under Di Matteo up until that farce of a game at Stamford Bridge against Man U, and I don't think you recovered since.

On a side note I'd rather you won it than either Manchester club. I know Leeds and Chelsea are old rivals, but Man U is an obvious no-no for me, and it'd be boring and predictable if Man City won it again so soon. I'm not the most avid of Chelsea haters amongst our support, I find Lampard and Mata to be likeable and of course, Mourinho is the man, so I honestly wouldn't mind if you won the league this year.

So, are you all confident that you can win it? Or will the title go back to Manchester, for a change?

Agreed about Van Persie, credit where it's due, he is one fantastic player, and I also think Fellaini is more of a decent addition to their midfield than people give credit for. I don't think they'll win it but they'll be more competitive than people think. Wouldn't surprise me to see them win one of the cups.

Thing is, what they don't have which you and Man City do is a world class midfield, and ultimately I think that's what will cost them the league. That is, if Mata gets more playing time as he is an utterly fantastic player, probably the best midfielder in the Premier League.

I actually had you down to win it last season because you were doing pretty well under Di Matteo up until that farce of a game at Stamford Bridge against Man U, and I don't think you recovered since.

Nice to see an opposition fan seeing the real reason our season started wobbling league wise before going down the pan with the unnecessary Manager change.

I went through the seventies in the worst of the Chelsea Leeds days and grew up looking on Leeds as the enemy, I've softened to them and even hope they do well as I have a stepson (top lad) who is an avid Leeds fan and follows them all over the place, he hates UTD and is a bit young to remember the worst of the rivalries between our clubs, really strange for me to even be able to think it but I'd be happy to see Leeds get themselves together and into the top division, be good to renew

the rivalries for the younger lot and really its one of the games that should happen twice a season.

I think we've got a great chance and feel a lot depends on how Eto'o does, how much he plays and if our front man doesn't chip in with twenty goals if our midfield maestros can keep doing the business, gut feeling says we can do it but we definitely can't write City off for a couple of mediocre performances...I think they're the team to beat.

Nice to see an opposition fan seeing the real reason our season started wobbling league wise before going down the pan with the unnecessary Manager change.

I went through the seventies in the worst of the Chelsea Leeds days and grew up looking on Leeds as the enemy, I've softened to them and even hope they do well as I have a stepson (top lad) who is an avid Leeds fan and follows them all over the place, he hates UTD and is a bit young to remember the worst of the rivalries between our clubs, really strange for me to even be able to think it but I'd be happy to see Leeds get themselves together and into the top division, be good to renew

the rivalries for the younger lot and really its one of the games that should happen twice a season.

I think we've got a great chance and feel a lot depends on how Eto'o does, how much he plays and if our front man doesn't chip in with twenty goals if our midfield maestros can keep doing the business, gut feeling says we can do it but we definitely can't write City off for a couple of mediocre performances...I think they're the team to beat.

I always felt that game had a huge psychological impact on you. You were robbed. I'm not one of these people who gets angry every time they watch Man U play, but I was seething after that game. Two of the softest cards I've ever seen, Ivanovic made contact but it was never a red, and booking Torres for diving, when Evans brought him down? Fair play to them for scraping a win against nine men though...

I actually read somewhere that Leeds and Chelsea should have been even bigger rivals than they are, as we're both clubs without natural rivals. Man U have Man City as their natural rivals, and Arsenal and Spurs have each other, who are the two clubs your fans generally seem to hate most. Plus the teams who should have been our natural rivals, we haven't played enough in our history - Bradford and Huddersfield for us,  QPR, Fulham and Brentford for you. Quite interesting to think about.

Eto'o is a decent signing for you I reckon, maybe not as good as he was about four or five years ago but could still be a vital player. I was a bit surprised to see Lukaku go to Everton, bit of a beast and causes trouble to opposition defences. And I agree about Man City, on paper they have a better squad than Man U, although personally I think Van Persie is better than Aguero and De Gea is better than Hart.

Edited by LS8_whites

I always felt that game had a huge psychological impact on you. You were robbed. I'm not one of these people who gets angry every time they watch Man U play, but I was seething after that game. Two of the softest cards I've ever seen, Ivanovic made contact but it was never a red, and booking Torres for diving, when Evans brought him down? Fair play to them for scraping a win against nine men though...

That game sticks in my mind as the one that really cost Di Matteo his Job and that really makes it more important (for me) than the wobble it instilled in the team, had Chelsea have won that, they would have been top and the Swansea result on the back of it, wouldn't have happened...the CL group was tough and pretty much unsalvageable but the league was there for the taking.

I actually read somewhere that Leeds and Chelsea should have been even bigger rivals than they are, as we're both clubs without natural rivals. Man U have Man City as their natural rivals, and Arsenal and Spurs have each other, who are the two clubs your fans generally seem to hate most. Plus the teams who should have been our natural rivals, we haven't played enough in our history - Bradford and Huddersfield for us,  QPR, Fulham and Brentford for you. Quite interesting to think about.

Never really thought about that but the seventies where a great time for you "dirty boys" and hard though they were , some great players where had by both teams then, my stepson lives in Barnsley, played for their youth at one point but he properly hates them.

Eto'o is a decent signing for you I reckon, maybe not as good as he was about four or five years ago but could still be a vital player. I was a bit surprised to see Lukaku go to Everton, bit of a beast and causes trouble to opposition defences. And I agree about Man City, on paper they have a better squad than Man U, although personally I think Van Persie is better than Aguero and De Gea is better than Hart.

Van Persie can't carry them to another title...can he? I think hes a great player and deadly finisher but I prefer Aguero myself, don't think he'll bag as many goals but just prefer him as a player...mind you I think Tevez was a top top player and they'll miss him.

Be an interesting season, when you look at the way Wenger always manages to get Arsenal thereabouts and he's actually bought a top player, Spurs have lost Bale but surely looking at the players they've bought its only a matter of time before they get some sort of cohesion and improve, bring it on I say :smile:

There's been a fair bit of media attention surrounding your club lately for obvious reasons. And a lot of people seem to be tipping you off to finally win the league once again under Jose. Personally I think this is fairly realistic, you've probably looked the most solid out of the three title contenders. Man U have looked shaky under Moyes so far, and Man City haven't been amazing. Losing at Cardiff and conceding three goals against them is pretty poor and not the best way to start a season.

On a side note I'd rather you won it than either Manchester club. I know Leeds and Chelsea are old rivals, but Man U is an obvious no-no for me, and it'd be boring and predictable if Man City won it again so soon. I'm not the most avid of Chelsea haters amongst our support, I find Lampard and Mata to be likeable and of course, Mourinho is the man, so I honestly wouldn't mind if you won the league this year.

So, are you all confident that you can win it? Or will the title go back to Manchester, for a change?

One of my first memories going to the Bridge was playing your team. Scenes which will stay with me forever  :wink: .

I think that in recent history you have had the same kind of relationship with Millwall.

I always maintained that our title challenge would depend on if we signed a world class striker this summer. We failed to do so so I am thinking it will be City to be honest. I'd love to be wrong, though. But our strikers aren't good enough. We have a lot of class and strength in midfield but signing a top striker was key, and I think Jose knew that.

Our nearest regular rival that invokes the most passion/hatred is undoubtedly 'We hate Tottenham' for various reasons, the other is split but for me it's QPR and now due to their ha relegation it is West Ham but for others it may be Arsenal/Man U..

I still wouldn't rule it out. We have a decent squad and a brilliant manager. United are in transition, City are inconsistent, Arsenal are unreliable and Spurs and Liverpool aren't good enough. We have a very good chance. But signing a top striker I really believe would have made a huge difference. I hope it doesn't matter in the end though.