FA Version of the London Underground Map

Boyne

So, every line is a different (London) club.

Each stop on that line is a player that used to play for the club.

When a station has two or more lines, the name of that station is a player that played for all the clubs (lines) that meet at that station.

Edit: Does that make sense?

JT at Fulham Broadway ... I like that, there are other candidates though couldn't see Ossie anywhere ! ... unless I just missed him. However I am sure it is not to be taken too seriously

Just heard on the Radio it is 150 year anniversary of the FA and the London Underground. Both bloody useless but still, a nice idea

You can not be serious, the underground was/is great when we were kids we use to ride on it all day, & for just a penny.

Wasnt ment to be taken quite so litterally... I do think it is a great thing, just the way it is run at times.

Wasnt ment to be taken quite so litterally... I do think it is a great thing, just the way it is run at times.

Got you, yes can see what you mean now, now I live in the vast spaceness of the Fens have no need of the tube,

more the pity sometimes.

Oops, my bad, i've just realised it's a different map.

There was one made for London clubs but this isn't it.

Here it is, for me this version is way more creative:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/take-the-tube-from-thierry-henry-to-gareth-bale-change-at-george-graham--the-london-underground-map-with-a-difference-8812135.html

http://www.standard.co.uk/standard.co.uk/downloads/london_footballers_tube_map.pdf

Meh - the more I look at the FA one the more I think it's completely thrown together.  Why is Trevor Brooking over on the west on the Piccadilly Line rather than in the East on the District Line?  WTF has anyone to do with where they've been put?  At first I was trying to make their name sound like the name of the station but as I said before it seems completely random.  I prefer the one that Undertow and Davey highlighted - at least you get the interlinking clubs that make it all a bit clever - I can't see anything in the new one which has any thought behind it. As I say, meh.  (sorry grumpy day!)

Meh - the more I look at the FA one the more I think it's completely thrown together. Why is Trevor Brooking over on the west on the Piccadilly Line rather than in the East on the District Line? WTF has anyone to do with where they've been put? At first I was trying to make their name sound like the name of the station but as I said before it seems completely random. I prefer the one that Undertow and Davey highlighted - at least you get the interlinking clubs that make it all a bit clever - I can't see anything in the new one which has any thought behind it. As I say, meh. (sorry grumpy day!)

The different lines represent different roles within football.

One for defenders, one for midfielders, one for referees, one for foreign greats etc etc. the map key is in the bottom left corner.

I still think its a bit tacked together and not overly creative personally because I don't see what the players listed have to do with the London tube map.

One for defenders, one for midfielders, one for referees, one for foreign greats etc etc. the map key is in the bottom left corner.

I still think its a bit tacked together and not overly creative personally because I don't see what the players listed have to do with the London tube map.

But you have Rio Ferdinand on both the Piccadilly (midfielder)!!!! and District (central defender) - that's why I say it's thrown together - you could have a defensive midfielder there - maybe David Luiz who can play both - but Ferdinand!  And Kevin Keegan is Central Line (goalscorer - fair enough) and District (central defender!!!!).  Pah!!

Sorry yeah I did realise that the different lines meant different roles but it just jarred seeing Brooking as anything but District having lived in East London near the West Ham ground and associating everything West Ham with the District Line - it just seemed wrong!

Wilkins is Baker Street in the London Map.

Five London clubs including Arsenal?

That can't be right.

1973–1979 - Chelsea

1989–1994 - Queens Park Rangers

1994 - Crystal Palace

1994–1996 - Queens Park Rangers

1997 - Millwall

1997 - Leyton Orient

Archived