Leicester Fan in need of help

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hi i'm a Leicester Fan and shall be visiting on the 23rd, im just asking if anyone can help me by telling me what you aren't aloud in the ground drink and food wise? are you aloud bottles? Also what is the best pub for away fans?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Can't help much I'm afraid but didn't want you to think we were all ignoring you!  

It's daft - but although I've been to the Bridge many times I don't know what you're not allowed to take in!  They search my bag if I've got one but they've never said!  I think you're allowed to take food in but not drink.  I'm fairly sure you can take a bottle of water if it hasn't got a lid but I've never tried to take alcohol in - prefer to drink on the coach down and then in the pub pre-match. Beer is on sale in the ground for PL games but is quite pricey - London Pride and Singha I think - about 4.50.

Most pubs near the ground are home fans only.  This site http://www.footballgroundguide.com/chelsea/ suggests Earls Court which is only a couple of stops on the tube.  Are you coming down by supporters' coach or train - if the former, I guess it'll drop you close to the ground whereas if you're coming by train you'd come in to St Pancreas and get the Piccadilly line and have to change at Earls Court anyway for the district line. If national express coach, you'll get to Victoria and can easily get the tube to Earls Court.

I'm sure there are others here you can help more - hope they come along soon!

They remove caps from bottles inside the ground, so i would assume you can't take one in with a lid on.

So make sure you take a spare bottle lid with you and hide it in a pocket, then you don't have to spill your drink all over the place.

When I went, they had a dog sniff my bag (big black Lab), as well as the teddy bear I got my godson. I never understood the whole "no cap" thing. But all I had in my bag were maps, my wallet, mobile, a couple of souvenirs for friends, and my room key.

Can't help much I'm afraid but didn't want you to think we were all ignoring you!  

It's daft - but although I've been to the Bridge many times I don't know what you're not allowed to take in!  They search my bag if I've got one but they've never said!  I think you're allowed to take food in but not drink.  I'm fairly sure you can take a bottle of water if it hasn't got a lid but I've never tried to take alcohol in - prefer to drink on the coach down and then in the pub pre-match. Beer is on sale in the ground for PL games but is quite pricey - London Pride and Singha I think - about 4.50.

Most pubs near the ground are home fans only.  This site http://www.footballgroundguide.com/chelsea/ suggests Earls Court which is only a couple of stops on the tube.  Are you coming down by supporters' coach or train - if the former, I guess it'll drop you close to the ground whereas if you're coming by train you'd come in to St Pancreas and get the Piccadilly line and have to change at Earls Court anyway for the district line. If national express coach, you'll get to Victoria and can easily get the tube to Earls Court.

I'm sure there are others here you can help more - hope they come along soon!

Hi, thanks for your reply, i'm driving down the M1 to Stanmore on the jubilee line and get the tube from there, i probably wont bother with drinks and get them in the stadium, as for pubs i'm going to try the one in earls court which you suggested thank you again! and good luck for the season (Please Don't hammer us!)

It seems a bit hit and miss at the Bridge. I know people who have had been stopped from taking in plastic bottles and cans in. However, I once took a hip flask of whisky into the ground. Didn't drink whilst in the ground. If I had I suspect the hip flask would have been confiscated. On another occasion I took a penknife into the ground - forgot it was in my pocket - and wasn't searched. 

Prices for beer in the ground are far too high. The nearby pubs are far cheaper. Before and after the game I drink in the Goose in the North End Road - a ten minute walk from the ground. Have seen away fans in there. I think it depends on who we're playing, Maybe worth contacting the pub. 

All 3,000 of us are having a picnic in the goal mouth, it's our new tactic for next year to stay up! :laugh2:   

Don't blame us when Costa's piledriver flattens your victoria sponge.

Hi, thanks for your reply, i'm driving down the M1 to Stanmore on the jubilee line and get the tube from there, i probably wont bother with drinks and get them in the stadium, as for pubs i'm going to try the one in earls court which you suggested thank you again! and good luck for the season (Please Don't hammer us!)

There's a Byron's quite close to the ground.

Edited by Drogba11CFC

It seems a bit hit and miss at the Bridge. I know people who have had been stopped from taking in plastic bottles and cans in. However, I once took a hip flask of whisky into the ground. Didn't drink whilst in the ground. If I had I suspect the hip flask would have been confiscated. On another occasion I took a penknife into the ground - forgot it was in my pocket - and wasn't searched.

Prices for beer in the ground are far too high. The nearby pubs are far cheaper. Before and after the game I drink in the Goose in the North End Road - a ten minute walk from the ground. Have seen away fans in there. I think it depends on who we're playing, Maybe worth contacting the pub.

I drink in the goose as well also the lily Langtry but you wouldn't find many away fans in then pubs. Try the cock on north end road are the slug and lettuce next to Fulham Broadway. Enjoy the game.