2015 transfer thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So, that fun time of the year again when sports writers and insiders tell us who is signing who.

Some belters so far, today's fun one is Barcelona still managing to sign players. Seville full back Valdes has signed, meaning alves is off to pastures new. Utd maybe?

rvp to Lazio anyone?

Liverpool signing bogdan, whatever that is.

Tottenham signing more wastes of money.

Arsenal signing deveral 5 foot 6 attacking midfielders.

I love the transfer window but I think I'm gonna struggle to enjoy this one with the uncertainty around Petr Cech, if he goes to Arsenal will ruin my Summer.

Still it will be exciting, I'm sure as always there will be a few surprises.

I'm the same, Petr Cech going to Arsenal is not something i like thinking about. Us signing Falcao and Douglas Costa would worry me slightly too.

If this was all we did in the transfer window this season i would be very underwhelmed.

This window does have the feeling of we can't really improve our starting XI any more without spending massive sums on individual players so we probably won't, but our rivals can improve their starting XI's far more easily and probably will.

Feels like it's going to be a summer of looking over our shoulders.

I'm the same, Petr Cech going to Arsenal is not something i like thinking about. Us signing Falcao and Douglas Costa would worry me slightly too.

If this was all we did in the transfer window this season i would be very underwhelmed.

Yeah those two don't exactly fill me with joy either.

Ings to Liverpool, decent signing but like the Milner one not really moving their squad to higher quality.

Loic Remy linked with palace, which would be a shame as he is a great squad player for us but perhaps he wants first choice.

Ings to Liverpool, decent signing but like the Milner one not really moving their squad to higher quality.

Loic Remy linked with palace, which would be a shame as he is a great squad player for us but perhaps he wants first choice.

Liverpool are massively overstocked on strikers now. 

Sturridge, Lambert, Balotelli, Ings, Borini, Aspas and Origi all on the books. 

No doubt at least 3 of those are going to be sold or sent on loan next year, real scatter gun approach to signings by Liverpool. 

Remy's been linked with Swansea today too, makes me wonder if there's any truth on him looking to leave in search of first team football... 

Don't see him improving their side too much.

They have a side that smacks of mid table.

Looks at ours, Arsenals, City's and United's squads....Liverpool are nowhere near those side and with signings like Ings I don't see that changing.

Don't see him improving their side too much.

They have a side that smacks of mid table.

Looks at ours, Arsenals, City's and United's squads....Liverpool are nowhere near those side and with signings like Ings I don't see that changing.

Ings isn't necessarily a bad signing but he doesn't improve on what they already have there. Same with Milner really, he's a good player but is he one that elevates their side's quality in anyway? 

Kind of reminds of when Dalglish was there and bought in Downing, Carroll and Henderson... The idea seemed to be buying English rather than quality. 

They've been pretty quick to get business done, targeting players who were out of contract so obviously there is a lot of time left for them to actually spend money on any signings and get some extra funds by offloading fringe players but early signs are they'll be outside the top 4 again next year. 

Yeah.

He's a steady enough player and won't be necessarily bad but like you say it just doesn't take them to that next level where we and 3 other sides are.

I honestly can't see Rodgers surviving the season especially if Sturridge continues to be hampered with injuries (which is very likely given his past).

It seems 2014 really was their big chance to do something but they blew it and by doing so lost their best player while their other big game player has now moved on.

It's going to be a very difficult task for Liverpool to challenge again IMO.

Yeah.

He's a steady enough player and won't be necessarily bad but like you say it just doesn't take them to that next level where we and 3 other sides are.

I honestly can't see Rodgers surviving the season especially if Sturridge continues to be hampered with injuries (which is very likely given his past).

It seems 2014 really was their big chance to do something but they blew it and by doing so lost their best player while their other big game player has now moved on.

It's going to be a very difficult task for Liverpool to challenge again IMO.

I think Rodgers will have 10-12 games to see if he can turn them around. I think he's lost the dressing room so I reckon he'll be gone by Christmas.

Yeah they really need to get off to a good start.

Big season for the likes of Caan and Markovic to prove they are good enough for this level.

I can see Coutinho being the next one to want out if there is no improvement this season. He seen Suarez leave and win the CL while Sterling is on his way out too so I can see it on the cards.

I can't see us letting Remy go cause then we'd need two strikers but stranger things have happened.

I hope not, so far i have not been happy with any of the rumours coming out. Falcao, Coentrao, Douglas Costa possibly coming in and Remy and Luis possibly going out. I don't know what everyone else thinks but if this was to happen i think that would actually weaken our squad rather than strengthen it.

Edited by Scott Harris

I hope not, so far i have not been happy with any of the rumours coming out. Falcao, Coentrao, Douglas Costa possibly coming in and Remy and Luis possibly going out. I don't know what everyone else thinks but if this was to happen i think that would actually weaken our squad rather than strengthen it.

I agree would remind me of the time City brought in players like Sinclair and Rodwell they just made theirselves worse.