Does anybody have any information about this old mirror?

Divineblue

I found a mirror in the back of my cupboard and I am going to give it a good clean and possibly reframe it as the mirror itself is in lovely condition apart from some dust. I just wondered if anybody could give me any information about the mirror as it has the old chelsea lion and the writing looks old too. Any information at all really is appreciated like the possible date of release? Does it hold any value? etc.

Thankyou in advance fellow Blues.

1496579586408689108807.jpg

1496579390775-1838830047.jpg

1496579430810-770213037.jpg

1496579465678-402112629.jpg

In the early 70s my brother went on a school trip to London, and bought me a Chelsea mirror. It never made it home as he left it on the Tube.

40 years later a family friend who works in a charity shop in the Rhondda valley rang me up to say someone had just brought in a Chelsea mirror, and he put it aside for me. It has the original badge, and on either side it shows the 4 trophies we had won by that time: the league championship, League cup, Fa cup and Cup winners cup.

I'm sure it's worth next to nothing but it was a very nice find.

On 2017-6-4 at 17:00, Backbiter said:

In the early 70s my brother went on a school trip to London, and bought me a Chelsea mirror. It never made it home as he left it on the Tube.

40 years later a family friend who works in a charity shop in the Rhondda valley rang me up to say someone had just brought in a Chelsea mirror, and he put it aside for me. It has the original badge, and on either side it shows the 4 trophies we had won by that time: the league championship, League cup, Fa cup and Cup winners cup.

I'm sure it's worth next to nothing but it was a very nice find.

I've got something similar...is it in gold writing in a blue border....says The Blues left and right of the mirror.

hi Backbiter -if it helps i took the photo a few years back as some of my stuff went in the "got not got" Chelsea  book and the mirror was shot on a white piece of paper laid on the floor  ... it just looks light blue in the image  

i hope that allows you to sleep at night now :-) 

• 1 year later...

Looks dead original ,I wonder why they had different designs ,I mean how many did they sell back then !?

more worrying is i have realised I am pondering mirrors from 40 years back ,mmm i fear i need to get out just a smidge more !

They came from the Ardale Centre Wandsworth circa 77. Myself and my 2 brothers had one each- remember at the time quabbling over who had the one with the footballs in the corner rather than corner flags.

The shop was on the top floor, and was great for CFC sew on patches, badges and general Chelsea parafanalia.

Archived