Loan Reports

If anybody watches any games where our loan players play, it would be nice to have some little reports on how they are doing.

05-08-2017 - Hull City vs Aston Villa

Ola Aina  - 6.5/10 - Had a few nervy moments and his positioning could do with some work, but when he had the ball he looked calm and assured. A solid first appearance.
Michael Hector - 7.5/10 - Hull's best defender on the day, dominant in the air, decent passing range, marshalled the back 4 quite well.

On 06/08/2017 at 13:18, Zeta said:

If anybody watches any games where our loan players play, it would be nice to have some little reports on how they are doing.

05-08-2017 - Hull City vs Aston Villa

Ola Aina  - 6.5/10 - Had a few nervy moments and his positioning could do with some work, but when he had the ball he looked calm and assured. A solid first appearance.
Michael Hector - 7.5/10 - Hull's best defender on the day, dominant in the air, decent passing range, marshalled the back 4 quite well.

Agree with your observations and ratings are spot on. For me it looked like Aina is too used to relying on his pace to get back into position which I imagine gets him out of trouble a lot of the time but against some one as pacy as him in Agbonlahor in definitely showed.

I imagine I will be on Tammy watch as I watch them most weeks anyway and will hopefully get to see home love the few games I go to this season.

I watched the Sampadoria game in full and he had a very good 8/10 performance. From what i saw in that game he offers more to the side than Llorente, showed me the whole of last season. His movement I good he is constantly working hard for the side, he scores and something i hadnt really noticed when watching him previously or when playing with worse players is that his link up play is extremely good. From what i have seen he should get a lot of gametime for the swans this season.

19 hours ago, Nibs said:

Did he do anything else though?!!

Are you getting at the way he seems to be on the periphery in games, to suddenly do one quality thing. Because I fully agree if so, I think his one big problem is his inability to impose himself in games, he drifts through them quite often, even at youth level.

40 minutes ago, dkw said:

Are you getting at the way he seems to be on the periphery in games, to suddenly do one quality thing. Because I fully agree if so, I think his one big problem is his inability to impose himself in games, he drifts through them quite often, even at youth level.

Yes. He's not alone - seems to be the case with a number of youngsters. You see them do something really good but it can often be just that one thing per game. That will make You Tube but what you won't see is the 89 minutes where he just coasted through. Some of these youngsters have all the ability but they need to WANT it more.

42 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Yes. He's not alone - seems to be the case with a number of youngsters. You see them do something really good but it can often be just that one thing per game. That will make You Tube but what you won't see is the 89 minutes where he just coasted through. Some of these youngsters have all the ability but they need to WANT it more.

Ruben is the best example of this. Used to do it all the time for England youth teams I found as well, coast for the whole game and then do something great to catch the headlines.  But from all reports he has done well so far at Palace and should feature in their first match. He and Tammy are the ones to watch on loan I reckon.

If he can add workrate he has everything to succeed at the very top level.

Archived