Man of the Match - Liverpool Vs Chelsea (PL 2019)

Scott Harris

Man of the Match - Liverpool Vs Chelsea  

12 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM - Liverpool Vs Chelsea

• Kepa Arrizabalaga
    • Cesar Azpilicueta
    • Emerson Palmieri
    • Antonio Rudiger
    • David Luiz
    • Jorginho
    • N'Golo Kante
    • Ruben Loftus-Cheek
    • Callum Hudson-Odoi
    • Willian
    • Eden Hazard
    • Andreas Christensen
    • Gonzalo Higuain
    • Ross Barkley

Where was he for the first goal? Willian, esp first half, was my MOTM.
I was very impressed with Willian in the first half too but he was very poor in the second half.
You asked where Azpilicueta was for the first goal? I think you are trying to be humorous there.
When the cross came in, CHO should have marked Mane because Azpilicueta was marking Keita, but when Azpilicueta saw that the cross wasn't coming towards Keita, he had to leave Keita and try to stop Mane from heading the ball into the free net. All this was happening while CHO was there watching.

Hard to vote today as it wasn't a good team performance and no individual did great either. That said, Hazard was still clearly our best player and carried the biggest threat. Yes, he could / should have scored (although keeper gave him little to aim at fir the one that hit the post). IF he had been played in his proper position from the start he would have had more influence ob the game it it just might have been different.

Archived