A memorable match to watch from 2004 - date.

erskblue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

BT have shown loads of classic matches during the lockdown. Earlier this week I watched the Bayern CL home leg from 2005. Fantastic game, brilliant atmosphere, Lamps' best-ever goal, shameful dive from Ballack to win a pen near the end. Drogba was fabulous, with his headed layoffs out of this world.

Last night I watched the '97 4-2 match v Liverpool, which was perhaps our best second-half performance in any game ever. I also watched the 2004 CL home group match v Porto, who had three future Chelsea players in their starting XI, while we had Ferreira and Carvalho in our side.

QUIZ: No googling. Name the three Porto players who went on to play for us.

11 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Meireles was not in the starting XI.

Edit: not on the bench either. This was the home leg in José's first season.

I also didn’t read the post properly and didn’t realise they had to be playing in the match :laugh2:

4 hours ago, Backbiter said:

BT have shown loads of classic matches during the lockdown. Earlier this week I watched the Bayern CL home leg from 2005. Fantastic game, brilliant atmosphere, Lamps' best-ever goal, shameful dive from Ballack to win a pen near the end. Drogba was fabulous, with his headed layoffs out of this world.

Last night I watched the '97 4-2 match v Liverpool, which was perhaps our best second-half performance in any game ever. I also watched the 2004 CL home group match v Porto, who had three future Chelsea players in their starting XI, while we had Ferreira and Carvalho in our side.

QUIZ: No googling. Name the three Porto players who went on to play for us.

Maniche, Bosingwa, don't know.

Edited by Argo

22 hours ago, erskblue said:

Here you go then.

not sure if you realized it or not, but I provided the highlights of the match from April 18, 2012 at Stamford Bridge - ok it's in minature form but still good to watch & it's with Chelsea commentators - Cheers Brother!!!

On ?19?/?04?/?2020 at 21:08, robdog said:

not sure if you realized it or not, but I provided the highlights of the match from April 18, 2012 at Stamford Bridge - ok it's in minature form but still good to watch & it's with Chelsea commentators - Cheers Brother!!!

No sorry mate, never realised !

DOH !!