Stupid comments/pundits

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Michael Owen 

‘Footballers these days often have to use their feet’

‘That would have been a goal had it gone inside the post’

‘If there’s rain about it makes the ball wet’

Kris Boyd in Scotland whilst taking About a goalkeeper ‘he’s tall in terms of his height’.

Our very own Ruud Gullit

’We must have had 99 percent of the match. It was the other three percent that cost us.’

Found some more. Some are glorious. 

Ian Rush – I couldn’t settle in Italy, it was like living in a foreign country.

Glenn Hoddle – When a player gets to 30, so does his body.

Kevin Keegan – Argentina won’t be at Euro 2000 because they’re from South America.

Tom Ferrie – Dumbarton player Steve McCahill has limped off with a badly cut forehead.

David Beckham – I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don’t know into what religion yet.

Although in today’s football this would have serious repercussions.....this is hilarious as opposed to stupid. 

Partick Thistle manager John Lambie, when advised by medical staff that  his concussed striker did not know who he was, replied “well f**king tell him he’s Pele and get him back on the pitch”

Edited by MayosNoun!

The Brazilians were South American, and the Ukranians will be more European.    Phil Neville

When you are 4-0 up you should never lose 7-1.    Lawrie McMenemy.

If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing.  Terry Venables

Ally McLeod:I think we’ll come home with a medal of some sort. (Pre Argentina 1978)

When a player gets to 30, so does his body.  Glenn Hoddle

It wasn’t going to be our day on the night.    Bryan Robson

If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.   David Coleman

It was the game that put the Everton ship back on the road.  Alan Green.

Edited by erskblue

9 minutes ago, erskblue said:

The Brazilians were South American, and the Ukranians will be more European.    Phil Neville

When you are 4-0 up you should never lose 7-1.    Lawrie McMenemy.

If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing.  Terry Venables

Ally McLeod:I think we’ll come home with a medal of some sort. (Pre Argentina 1978)

When a player gets to 30, so does his body.  Glenn Hoddle

It wasn’t going to be our day on the night.    Bryan Robson

If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.   David Coleman

It was the game that put the Everton ship back on the road.  Alan Green.

I liked the Ally McLead one, like Helen of Troy it got thousands of people to travel. ?

The ageless Dennis Wise, now in his thirties.' 
- MARTIN TYLER

The Italians are hoping for an Italian victory.' 
- DAVID COLEMAN

'Peru score their third, and It's 3-1 to Scotland.'
-  DAVID COLEMAN

'If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.' 
- DAVID COLEMAN

'Ian Rush is deadly 10 times out of 10, but that wasn't one of them.' 
- PETER JONES

I’ve got nothing to say. Any questions? Roy Hodgson.

We must have had 99% of the game. It was the other 3% that cost us the match.   Ruud Gullit.

I always used to put my right boot on first and then, obviously, my right sock.

Barry Vension on his pre match ritual?

His passes should be addressed ‘To whom it may concern.’ ?
Tommy Docherty, on a player who hadn’t the greatest of games

Edited by erskblue

"We are the best in the world! We are the best in the world! We have beaten England 2-1 in football! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten England! England, birthplace of giants. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana—we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?...Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Bjørge Lillelien, a Norwegian TV Commentator going crazy after Norway defeated England 2-1 in Sept 81 after a World Cup Qualifier in Oslo.

"When Celtic get an opportunity to go above Rangers they've got to jump at it with both hands." - ALAN MULLERY

"It took a lot of bottle for Tony (Adams) to own up" - IAN WRIGHT on his team mate's admission of alcoholism 

"Hearts are now playing with a five man back four." - ALAN MCINALLY

"The beauty of Cup football is that Jack always has a chance of beating Goliath." - TERRY BUTCHER

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Michael Owen saying he though Carlisle would have watered the pitch before the game, days after the biggest flooding the city had ever seen. Thick as pigsh*t.

This entire topic could really be a collection of his quotes and it would still be hilarious. He’s such a poor pundit. 

9 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

"When Celtic get an opportunity to go above Rangers they've got to jump at it with both hands." - ALAN MULLERY

"It took a lot of bottle for Tony (Adams) to own up" - IAN WRIGHT on his team mate's admission of alcoholism 

"Hearts are now playing with a five man back four." - ALAN MCINALLY

"The beauty of Cup football is that Jack always has a chance of beating Goliath." - TERRY BUTCHER

Great quote from Alan McInally?

Edited by erskblue

Spurs didn’t deserve to lose the game in the way they did.

They were the better team throughout the game - they dominated possession. But granted, Chelsea were much more potent in front of goal 

"Spurs have dominated that game. Chelsea were on the back foot for the majority of it - hanging on."

Jermaine Jenas making a tit out of himself after the FA Cup SF

This thread needs a few more Michael Owen quotes. 

What a shot! That’s completely unstoppable but the goalkeeper has got to do better for me.

“Alderweireld played really well last year for Tottenham, let’s hope he can transfer that form to Spurs this season.”

“That’s a fantastic penalty, but he’ll be gutted it went wide.”

“It’s hit the facial part of his head, there.”

“That shot is impossible. I saw Yaya Toure do it once.”

Brian Clough describing the Poland goalkeeper, Jan Tomaszewski, as a ‘circus clown in gloves,’ he reassured all watching England fans that everything would be fine. England would win, and qualify for the World Cup.  Wembley in  October 1073

The Polish keeper had the game of his life.       A 1-1 draw took Poland to the 1974 Finals, where they finished Third.

37 minutes ago, charierre said:

Spurs didn’t deserve to lose the game in the way they did.

They were the better team throughout the game - they dominated possession. But granted, Chelsea were much more potent in front of goal 

"Spurs have dominated that game. Chelsea were on the back foot for the majority of it - hanging on."

Jermaine Jenas making a tit out of himself after the FA Cup SF

Is that when he blamed the grass too the thick d**khead ?

"If you can get through the first round you have a good chance of getting into the next one."
Nigel Worthington

"He'd score more goals if he was a better finisher."
Dion Dublin

"With 8 or 10 minutes to go, we were able to bring Nicky Butt back and give him 15 to 20 minutes."
Niall Quinn

No regrets, none at all. My only regret is that we went out on penalties. That’s my only regret but no, no regrets."
Mick McCarthy

"Brentford scored a last-minute winner four minutes from time."?
Jeff Stelling

“I’d settle for a 1-0 draw.”
David Gold

Edited by erskblue

At 6 foot 7 Peter Crouch isn't as tall as he looks."
Gabby Logan

"You can't say my team aren't winners. They've proved that by finishing fourth, third and second in the past three seasons."
Gerard Houllier, showing that Liverpool weren’t winners!?

Edited by erskblue