Rangers Match Day Thread 2022-2023

Boyne

15 hours ago, carrickblue said:

who comes next though is the problem - I don't see any obvious candidates

Michael Beale's name has been mentioned but as you say, no obvious candidates. Been a few injuries this season and losing two fine players in Bassey and Aribo hasn't helped but it will be interesting to see if the board hands the new manager money to invest in new players.

I read yesterday that Gio phoned backroom staff to thank them for their help. Nice touch of class.

Haven't heard this story before

"Spare a thought for Croatia gaffer Zlatko Dalić, whose selection headaches come with the added threat of being horribly murdered.

Among his squad is Rangers left-back Borna Barisic, son of terrifying gangster Stipe Barisic, aka "the Moth", a member of the Cepin mafia clan.

Back in 2017, Ukranian giants Dynamo Kyiv agreed to sign Barisic, but backed out at the last minute, choosing to buy Dinamo Zagreb left-back Josip Pivaric instead.

A seething Barisic publicly accused Dinamo Zagreb of sabotaging the transfer, and 10 days later, some masked men pulled up outside the home of Dinamo executive Zdravko Mamić and shot him, but fortunately failed to kill him.

Incidentally, Josip Pivaric was not called up to the Croatia squad for the World Cup, which seems like a wise decision..".

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, erskblue said:

The late, in fact very late show, last night by Rangers!

Or Last Call to borrow from the late, great Rikki Fulton. Gives me an excuse to post this of him as the Rev I M Jolly. I used to love watching Scotch and Wry. A wonderful programme.

11 hours ago, erskblue said:

Boyne: The legendary Rev I.M. Jolly😀

Rikki's delivery is superb. How on earth he kept a straight face is beyond me. One of my favourite Rikki Fulton sketches is when he plays a Rangers manager and is persuaded to sign Brendan O'Malley. Superb and very funny. Will post it later.

Big game tomorrow. Just need to decide if I watch it at home or down the pub. Here's to a Rangers win to keep the pressure on septic and after today's result for Chelsea.