Manu Kone

Sconnie Blue
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

11 hours ago, Big Nigel said:

you definitely havent seen him play if you think he is average

He's excellent for the Bundesliga but the Bundesliga is a terrible league. The games are far too open and teams are too tactically similar for any player to truly excel in another league. Unless they are a truly exceptional talent, like Haaland, it is very hard to judge their ability from their play in Germany.

13 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

He's excellent for the Bundesliga but the Bundesliga is a terrible league. The games are far too open and teams are too tactically similar for any player to truly excel in another league. Unless they are a truly exceptional talent, like Haaland, it is very hard to judge their ability from their play in Germany.

Its very difficult to judge attaxking players based on stats, because as you say the games are open and the defenders always play a high line. I.e people like werner and sancho who did well in the bundesliga and had good stats, but on the eye test they failed and clearly cant translate to the prem

you can still judge midfielders and defenders fairly well though based on eye test and how they look when they play, and for me Kone has the attributes of a very good player

22 minutes ago, Big Nigel said:

Its very difficult to judge attacking players based on stats, because as you say the games are open and the defenders always play a high line. I.e people like werner and sancho who did well in the bundesliga and had good stats, but on the eye test they failed and clearly cant translate to the prem

Same thing worries me about Nkunku if he does end up with us ... 

Edited by Sexyfootball

42 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Same thing worries me about Nkunku if he does end up with us ... 

Nkunku isn't going to do that well for us here, his best season hes having is not as good as werner's best season for leipzig... I didnt want him in the first place, but its too late now so we dont really have a choice. if there was some way to cancel the deal and stop him from coming here, we should do it and just focus on signing Felix instead

9 hours ago, Big Nigel said:

Its very difficult to judge attaxking players based on stats, because as you say the games are open and the defenders always play a high line. I.e people like werner and sancho who did well in the bundesliga and had good stats, but on the eye test they failed and clearly cant translate to the prem

you can still judge midfielders and defenders fairly well though based on eye test and how they look when they play, and for me Kone has the attributes of a very good player

Please don't pretend that two of the best attacking players in the Bundesliga "failed the eye test". Anyone can claim that in retrospect with zero evidence.

The "eye test", after all, is merely a different statistical measure, observing and counting the "good actions" a player makes in a game based on personal opinion. As with any statistical measure, it is useless without context and flawed due to bias. You do not have a superior method of judging a player, sorry to break it to you - it is an opinion like anyone else's. 

14 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Please don't pretend that two of the best attacking players in the Bundesliga "failed the eye test". Anyone can claim that in retrospect with zero evidence.

The "eye test", after all, is merely a different statistical measure, observing and counting the "good actions" a player makes in a game based on personal opinion. As with any statistical measure, it is useless without context and flawed due to bias. You do not have a superior method of judging a player, sorry to break it to you - it is an opinion like anyone else's. 

what nonsense are you rambling about? Did you actually ever watch Werner play for Leipzig? 

He would miss several chances a game before he scored, and most of his goals were a direct result of the bundesliga high line thats so prominent in that league. He didnt have a great touch and general technical ability wasnt there. Sure if you just watched a compilation of his goals there were some decent finishes in there, but if you watched him throughout the game you could see how many easy chances he had and messed it up completely - Much like how he did for us. Only difference is in the PL you dont get loads of chances a game. 

Im not saying I have a superior method, but it sure as hell seems a lot better than rating players just based on "passion and desire" which is what a lot of idiots in our fanbase judge players on, and its laughable😂

p.s I notice you dwk, all you seem to do is stay quiet like a mouse and just "like" posts that just disagree with me in several posts haha

3 hours ago, Big Nigel said:

what nonsense are you rambling about? Did you actually ever watch Werner play for Leipzig? 

He would miss several chances a game before he scored, and most of his goals were a direct result of the bundesliga high line thats so prominent in that league. He didnt have a great touch and general technical ability wasnt there. Sure if you just watched a compilation of his goals there were some decent finishes in there, but if you watched him throughout the game you could see how many easy chances he had and messed it up completely - Much like how he did for us. Only difference is in the PL you dont get loads of chances a game. 

Im not saying I have a superior method, but it sure as hell seems a lot better than rating players just based on "passion and desire" which is what a lot of idiots in our fanbase judge players on, and its laughable😂

p.s I notice you dwk, all you seem to do is stay quiet like a mouse and just "like" posts that just disagree with me in several posts haha

Yet if Werner went to Liverpool instead of Chelsea like Klopp wanted i guarantee he'd have been a success. Very impressive you have such a view of identifying talent yet you're not involved with football at all. Pep must be upset he's never heard of Big Nige as a scout!

51 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Yet if Werner went to Liverpool instead of Chelsea like Klopp wanted i guarantee he'd have been a success. Very impressive you have such a view of identifying talent yet you're not involved with football at all. Pep must be upset he's never heard of Big Nige as a scout!

Presumably that's why Klopp was subsequently in for him when he was losing Mane and Werner was available for a knock down price !

Oh hang on ... damn ... LOL

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

You can guarantee werner being a success?

Guess Liverpool have finally found their Michael Edwards replacement😂😂

19 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Presumably that's why Klopp was subsequently in for him when he was losing Mane and Werner was available for a knock down price !

Oh hang on ... damn ... LOL

He's basically the same player as Nunez without the bad attitude. Quick, plays in behind, misses loads of chances but gets in the position for the chances to begin with. Liverpool were pursuing Nunez before we let Werner go. 

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

He's basically the same player as Nunez without the bad attitude. Quick, plays in behind, misses loads of chances but gets in the position for the chances to begin with. Liverpool were pursuing Nunez before we let Werner go. 

He hasn't exactly pulled up trees back at Leipzig, so let's see if anyone comes in for him in the summer !

Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Kouadio Kone has reportedly emerged as a potential transfer target for #Chelsea and #PSG. Although Kone was born close to Paris, it is suggested that his preference is to sign for a Premier League team if he leaves his current employers (Bild) pic.twitter.com/jj3M1NYgjx

— ChelsTransfer (@ChelsTransfer) March 27, 2023

On 27/03/2023 at 13:45, Sconnie Blue said:

Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Kouadio Kone has reportedly emerged as a potential transfer target for #Chelsea and #PSG. Although Kone was born close to Paris, it is suggested that his preference is to sign for a Premier League team if he leaves his current employers (Bild) pic.twitter.com/jj3M1NYgjx

Surely we won't have any incoming transfers in the summer until we have moved a whole load of players on.

On 27/03/2023 at 20:45, Sconnie Blue said:

Can we stop signing players from the Bundesliga for the foreseeable future.

We need a lot of sales before we even begin buying