Rangers 2023-2024

Boyne
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I thought Tavernier's shot was going over the bar when he hit it, I couldn't understand what all the shouting was about. :face_palm:

But on the replay sure enough it dipped right into the top corner. Brilliant goal.  

Nothing to do with this season but today is the 35th anniversary of one of Rangers greatest victories over Celtic. They won 5-1 with the late, great Ray scoring one of his finest ever goals; a volley from the edge of the box. A similar result next Sunday would be nice.

May be an image of 3 people, people playing American football, people playing football and text that says "2-15 DOLP GOAL NO.4 And it's an Old Firm debut to cherish for Kevin Drinkell as he watches his header home. Chris Morris (right) can't believe but lan Durrant prepares to celebrate GOAL NO.5 Ally McCoist takes cover as Mark Walters completes the rout with flashing shot which sent the Ibrox faithful into Old Firm ecstacy."

May be an image of 4 people and text

May be an image of 1 person, crowd and text

May be an image of 4 people, people playing football, people playing American football and text that says "BROX BUNCH OF FIVES! Hit-men KO sad Celts RANGERS 5 CELTIC RSMITH H-T how Rangers waltzed Premier eague victory their politics WHAM! MATCH *OF THE DAY* McCoist ntevene Celtic right-back Chris riumph esterday."

Edited by Boyne

In the above game, it was 5-1 with just 63 minutes gone.

I’ve always thought it was a missed opportunity for Rangers to score a couple more. Celtic were ‘ at sixes and sevens’  at that point in the game.

Their organisation had completely gone.

Edited by erskblue

36 minutes ago, erskblue said:

In the above game, it was 5-1 with just 63 minutes gone.

I’ve always thought it was a missed opportunity for Rangers to score a couple more. Celtic were ‘ at sixes and sevens’  at that point in the game.

Their organisation had completely gone.

I read that Souness told the players to take their feet off the pedal. As you say Rangers could have easily scored a few more.

Chelsea was at home on the day and the score was announced over the tannoy at Stamford Bridge. I didn't believe it at first. Thought the announcement was wrong or I'd misheard. 

Chelsea had lost to Blackburn so Rangers winning cheered me up.

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

Well done PSV, my Dutch club are through after annihalating some Scottish minnows

3897020.jpg.c1ef09a1f1b31121fb45cf38cb2fa4b2.jpg

Too soon?

Have to admit that PSV deserved the win last night. Was impressed with a few of their players. Played Rangers off the park. Rangers were poor last night. Hope they pick themselves for Sunday's game against the lot from the East End of Glasgow.

If, God forbid, Chelsea and Rangers lose this weekend I think I'll leave the country and find an island with no TV, radio or internet and arm myself with a pile of history books and bottles of single malt whisky.