Spurs V Everton

jack h

Paul Robinson... Urgh, England's number 1? Average at BEST goalkeeper.

Good game though, made great by the fact Everton are winning icon_lol.gif

Will Spuddies be bottom? Lets hope it stays that way for the season.

When will you ever get a world class keeper? Is Robinson really your best?

A world class keeper and some solid team spirit and England might actually reach the quarter finals 247.gif

I think there were more Everton fans in the stadium at the end than spurs ones. I thought Arteta was really good especially 1st half.

Martin Jol needs to take lessons from Jose about half time team talks.

They are meant to mean your team plays better in the second half and not WORSE. icon_rolleyes.gif

They were awful, I thought they would come out and give Everton a real roasting - they had nothing really to lose at that point (but their pride).

All their strikers were anonymous, Bent wasn't even on the pitch at the end and they just let the game go.

Everton were organised and very good defensively and Arteta caught the eye.

Five Live say Spurs are now officially bottom of the league and Everton are top. ?40 million spent and no points with Derby to come and then MU!

I wouldn't want to be Martin Jol over the next few weeks.

He's got some talking to do with those players.

Spurs did not deserve anything out of the match at the end, I wish I could say they did because my dad was a Spurs fan but nothing doing.

As for Chimbonda, I can't believe we were ever remotely interested in him.

Give me poor old Glen any day of the week (here's hoping Glen does okay tomorrow against Reading!). 128.gif

I also thought that Defoe did more in his 25 minutes than the rest of the spurs strikers put together, though he'll probably be benched next game.....again. Just imagine the headlines May next year "Spurs the most expensive team to ever be relegated" 128.gif

Robinson could have at least made an effort to dive for the fk, but then again all that weight icon_razz.gif

3-1 was a bit harsh on Spurs as they were ok first half, second half they looked poor and lacked ideas.

I couldn't get over that free kick, he just stood there, slightly bent his knee an inch, held out his hand slightly and then he let it go into the back of the net.

What the hell was he waiting for a bell to ring or something to tell him to get moving?

3-1 was a tad harsh true, 2-1 would be more accurate but the second half really shocked me because they were at home, 3-1 down and surely then was the time for Martin Jol to fire them up and send them out with a message that lets give it a go at least go down fighting.

Martin Jol has just been interviewed and say he feels "rotten the whole team feels rotten".

Although didn't Everton beat them last year?

from July 24:

"Mourinho has been outspoken about his side's title rivals in the past but promised this week to be more mellow this season.

He believes Tottenham and Arsenal are the other contenders for United's crown but remains confident of Chelsea's chances.

"It's just a personal opinion," the former Porto boss said.

"But Tottenham have more players in the England squad than anybody else. They're a very good group of players. They've spent money and kept all the important players, even Dimitar Berbatov, who everyone thought would leave. And they will be without pressure, so they should be there, creating a difficult situation for us."

Oh, god, Jose - you are too funny! That was the best joke you've told in your Chelsea career!

mourinho2.jpg

When will you ever get a world class keeper? Is Robinson really your best?

A world class keeper and some solid team spirit and England might actually reach the quarter finals 247.gif

Untill very recently keepers were one of the positions we were rather blessed in.

Its all gone wring because well there arnt even that many english keepers playing in the top league.

Take note because it will spread. Arsneal didnt feild an english player AGAIN on the weekend and there a top 4 team so thats one of the top four teams doing absaloutly nothing for english football in terms of the national team.

In addition to that only 79 english players started over the weekend... thats out of 222 players... very poor and will IMO have a knock on effect

Untill very recently keepers were one of the positions we were rather blessed in.

Its all gone wring because well there arnt even that many english keepers playing in the top league.

and three of the best keepers in the league are Yanks, by the way. hell, Kasey Keller might still be even better than Robinson, and i don't think he's even on a team right now.

Stevenage - 6:15am - 15/08/07

Another early morning to get to work. The rain is coming down like stair rods. The skies are so grey and bleak you would think it was mid-winter. The building site will be a quagmire of mud and I have a heavy work load today. To help me I am taking my 17 year old nephew. He is a huge Tottenham fan.

Life is beautiful. icon_lol.gif

OK, drove into work this mornong and stopped off at Terry's (not that one!) Big Breakfast Caravan Lay-By for a couple of bacon rolls and a cuppa. Quick glimpse at his complimentary copy of The S*n, and there, just inside the back page was a beautiful ray of s*nshine

Current BarclayCard Premier League standings

1. Everton

2. Don't Know

3. Don't Care

4. The Mighty CFC

5-18 Who Gives A f**k

19.Wet Spam

20. Tottenham w**k-spurs

Fair set my day up nicely, and then I got into work and found I had a VERY VERY satisfying PM from L*z (You know what I mean big boy!)

Kev

See any of you up Reading tonight - I'll be the one in a blue football shirt

Archived