Free left back anyone?

loz

Babayaro has been released by Newcastle and is available on a free transfer. Pauly's U9 team has expressed an interest.

I always had a soft spot for Baba. Wasn't the sharpest of lads and wasn't exactly the best full back you have ever seen either but for some reason I always wanted him to do well. Moving to Newcastle, AKA the defenders graveyard, was a terrible career move for him. He has had a pretty torrd time with injuries in the last 9 months or so and it will be interesting to see if anyone is prepared to take a gamble on him. Can't see a Premiership club making move for him but he may pop up in the Championship unless he moves abroad.

I think in FM terms he might once have been rated a 'Wunderkid'. A full international at age what, 17 or 18? Fortunately (for us) or unfortunately (for him) I think we saw his best years with us, and he did pop up with a couple of crucial goals. Also an occassion where he marked the then superb David Beckham out of the game?

He'll likely end up overseas. Maybe Boca Juniors. icon_wink.gif Or possibly somewhere in the Middle East...

Have to feel bad for Baba, I really liked him when he came to us; and the whole time he was with us! Who can forget his back flipping antics (in fact, didn't he injure himself before an important game while celebrating?) I doubt we will go for him, indeed I would bet big bucks on him NOT coming to us. As for where he will go, Holland?

I'm just surprised its on a free. Surely he wasnt that bad was he? I also always had/will have a soft spot for Baba, remember the days when he was bombing down the left and you'd curse his mistakes but love him as a part of Chelsea. Anyway I suppose his wages were costing more than any fee Newcastle could get for him. I wish him luck wherever he goes

drinkdrunk.gif"...Baba-one, Baba-two, Baba-three, Baba-yaro..." drinkdrunk.gif

icon_lol.gif

Baba was a bit like Grønkjær...soooo frustrating to watch most of the time, but you had to love both of them for those small moments of magic they managed to produce. The moments were few and far between, but still... icon_lol.gif

I don't think it was an important game he missed, I think it was that his debut was delayed because he picked up the injury doing the back flip in a reserve match - could be remembering it wrong though.

Babayaro has been released by Newcastle and is available on a free transfer. Pauly's U9 team has expressed an interest.

I always had a soft spot for Baba. Wasn't the sharpest of lads and wasn't exactly the best full back you have ever seen either but for some reason I always wanted him to do well. Moving to Newcastle, AKA the defenders graveyard, was a terrible career move for him. He has had a pretty torrd time with injuries in the last 9 months or so and it will be interesting to see if anyone is prepared to take a gamble on him. Can't see a Premiership club making move for him but he may pop up in the Championship unless he moves abroad.

I believe the correct pronunciation is: "Nigerian wonder kid Babayaro" icon_lol.gif

Archived