newcastle fans

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

how irritating are they? We have to put up with the myth over how great they are even though they want managers out the moment they lose a couple of games...we have to put up with hearing what a great club they are even though they haven't won a trophy in nearly 40 years...we have to put up with all this hype about Keegan and Shearer becoming their managers when you know they will boo their 'heroes' the moment things go wrong.

I for one am bored about Newcastle dominating the headlines at the moment. They had their chance of winning the league 12 years ago, they blew it and are now just an also-ran. can we just move on please?

Agree , everyday there on the radio, tv , internet etc. Moaning , complaining & whinging about their situation . Were Geordies , were entitled to a top manager , a premiership trophy , a CL. We want Keegan , the same guy who blew our chances of a title all those years ago . Same guy who walked out on England when the pressure was on . Shearer , well he's one of us , a Geordie , a hero but never managed a club in his life .

Make your mind up , you either want a top manager or a local hero.

hilarious guidelines from the club about what they want...winning football with style being the main perogative...who have they contacted? Houllier, who played very dull football at liverscum...he also spent over £100m and never came close to winning the league

Personally, I feel that the Newcastle fans have an over inflated opinon of how big a club they really are. One Geordie was spouting off about "Chelsea fans wouldn't still turn out 50,000 strong if they didn't win anything and didn't have a manager....blah blah blah." Just because you have 50 thousand Geordies coming to a match doesn't make you a big club, your pedigree does, and their pedigree is distinctly lacking wins! What is it, something like 50+ years since they last won anything!

Now I don't want to sound like a scoucer here (have to laugh at them being bought and sold by Gillette and co.) but it is wins and success that make you a big club (notice, I am not saying they don't have 'istory) and Newcastle don't have that.

They are owned by that bloke who is a business man and a Geordie, but he is listening too much to the people who sit around him in the stands! The position is a poisoned challice, and if they (the fans) want success, then they willl need to give future managers a good few years to put into place a long term plan for success (kind of like what Man U did with ferguson when he first took over)

Scott

I generally don't mind the Geordies, but they do get irritating with these "we're a big club, we deserve success ideas". They really think that Jose would consider going there. Sure they have a lot of fans, but also they have a big catchment area all to themselves. We're getting 40,000+ evey week despite competing with how many clubs in London?

Wow, so much hate for Newcastle. I am suprised people would feel so passionate about a club that hasn't challenged us for anything in years and is obvious not a local rival.

Personally I don't dislike them, they are just another side we have to play twice a year and usually beat.

I dont know why everyone is on here digging out the geordies?

Its a great place,the people are SUPER friendly and their supporters (regardless of past) are very Loyal.

The media want to hype them up........thats fine,let them have their day in the sun.

They aint banging on about history or anything....they just want to win something,fair play to them.

That place is different to any other place in the country,I wish them well.

They are a big club......go up there have a look around!

They eat,drink,sleep Newcastle United.

Wow, so much hate for Newcastle. I am suprised people would feel so passionate about a club that hasn't challenged us for anything in years and is obvious not a local rival.

Personally I don't dislike them, they are just another side we have to play twice a year and usually beat.

I don't hate newcastle or their fans...just irritated by all the ott coverage and all the nonsense being said up there

I dont know why everyone is on here digging out the geordies?

Its a great place,the people are SUPER friendly

You only think they are friendly, as you can't make out a word they're saying 317.gif

Well a Geordie woman I got to know made lots of gibberish sounds one evening which were hard to understand but maybe it's because she was in seventh heaven icon_wink.gif

Similar to the ott coverage of Jose when he first joined us.

He was constantly in the news.

It became more about Jose than Chelsea at one point....but thats the English media for you.

major difference here though...one) Jose was a winner and two) he was a personality...keegan is neither