Win Sunday or Champions League

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Win Sunday or Champions League  

39 members have voted

1. 1.

• Win Sunday
    • Champions League

I went win on Sunday......for me its a no brainer!

We are in all competitions,and as a set of supporters,we are very privileged to be in these positions.

Sometimes I think we have so much to look forward to,so many different games to play.....

.......The enormaty of the games we play can pass our supporters by.

THIS GAME ON SUNDAY IS MASSIVE!!

I dont want to hear anyone saying 'its only the league cup',or anything like that.

European competitions have the glamour.....

....the league is 'bread and butter'.......

.....The FA Cup has the tradition.....

But the league cup has given me the most joy,so far this season!

Trips to Hull,old rivalries reawakened against Leicest*r,Liv*rpool and a great set of matches against the blue half of merseyside!

Football under flood lights,cheaper tickets.....its just been great!

I cant think of a game that I would rather not lose,than this!!

This rivalry is nasty and runs through our veins,passed down the generations!!!

I love hating T*ttenham H*tsp*rs!!

Maybe one day,when its all gone,we'll look back on these times and think........WOW!

BUT FOR NOW

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

We are in all competitions,and as a set of supporters,we are very privileged to be in these positions.

Sometimes I think we have so much to look forward to,so many different games to play.....

I dont want to hear anyone saying 'its only the league cup',or anything like that.

Trips to Hull,old rivalries reawakened against Leicest*r,Liv*rpool and a great set of matches against the blue half of merseyside!

Maybe one day,when its all gone,we'll look back on these times and think........WOW!

BUT FOR NOW

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

Good post Glory!

Sunday summed up nicely........those who would rather win the CL and concede defeat to Spurs in an all London final at the new Wembley can't have been supporting us long or don't live in London is all I can say!

Sunday is our biggest game of the season so far!

BUT FOR NOW

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

I love reading your posts Rob.

Beating the N17 scum in a Cup Final is far more important to me than anything we might do in Europe.

The outcome of the Rottenham game will have a far greater effect on me than almost any other football event. When we win on Sunday I'll be happy for months - should the unspeakable happen, I'll be depressed for months.

This is where I think you'll see a split between the log suffering Chelsea fans and the JCL's.

For the JCL's it will be the Champions League - just as it will be for the likes of Kenyon and Abramovich. But for anyone who really knows what being a Chelsea supporter is all about it has to be the Spurs game. We have to win that one. History will later tell us it was just another league cup but it will mean much more than that on Sunday.

I would like us to win the CL one day, but the way the competition is producing such boring, dull matches, I am really not too arsed about it right now. Would look good on the cv though!!

I'd rather never play another CL game again and win on Sunday than loose to the scum. The office I work in is full of y*ds (the football supporters not Jewish people!) and they are typical, "we're back we're on of the big 4" blah blah blah. Even the west ham fans in the office want us to knock them down a few notches!

Nope it's a no brainer for me, I can't even bare contemplating not winning.

I'd actually take the Champions League game.

We've won the Carling Cup not so long ago and let's face it, it's the smallest of the competitions we're in. Yes, losing against Spuds won't be fun at all but I'd rather have the chance at winning the Champions League.

We've been knocked out of the champions league three years in a row against teams that we should beat.

We've won the Carling Cup not so long ago and let's face it' date=' it's the smallest of the competitions we're in. Yes, losing against Spuds won't be fun at all but I'd rather have the chance at winning the Champions League.

[b']We've been knocked out of the champions league three years in a row against teams that we should beat.[/[/b]quote]

But not in finals! It's hard coming out of a final on the losing side - I know I've done it, then had to drive all the way back from Cardiff.

My dad has waited 41 years for this day - I'm getting goose-bumps already reading this thread. Like Glory, I can't wait for it!

Like Barn I'd gladly never play another CL game again as long as we beat this mob!

We've won the Carling Cup not so long ago and let's face it, it's the smallest of the competitions we're in. Yes, losing against Spuds won't be fun at all but I'd rather have the chance at winning the Champions League.

We've been knocked out of the champions league three years in a row against teams that we should beat.

But not in finals! It's hard coming out of a final on the losing side - I know I've done it, then had to drive all the way back from Cardiff.

My dad has waited 41 years for this day - I'm getting goose-bumps already reading this thread. Like Glory, I can't wait for it!

Like Barn I'd gladly never play another CL game again as long as we beat this mob!

I can understand that, but I'd still take a loss against Spuds if it means that we might go all the way in the Champions League. Of course I would be sad after the loss against Spuds but in the long run I'd be more happy to see us lift the CL trophy. On that night I will have totally forgotten about that final against Spuds we played a long, long time ago.

Now, had the CC final been against L'Fool then it would have been a different matter.

I can understand that, but I'd still take a loss against Spuds if it means that we might go all the way in the Champions League. Of course I would be sad after the loss against Spuds but in the long run I'd be more happy to see us lift the CL trophy. On that night I will have totally forgotten about that final against Spuds we played a long, long time ago.

Now, had the CC final been against L'Fool then it would have been a different matter.

That's the point L'fool ARE NOT OUR LONG HELD BIGGEST HATE .

It has and always will be Rottenham and has been for generations of Chelsea fans.

Hate List

1. Rottenham

2. Leeds

3, Onwards take your pick .

The Champions league is just a European version of the FA Cup in it's present format.

It's not the Carling Cup we give a monkey's about winning . It is all about WHO we are playing . To beat that lot at Wembley will be a dream come true for so many Chelsea fan's . This is a result we can live on for years !!!

It will be hell if we lose....

....I cant even let it cross my mind,they'll probably want to get on the pitch as well.....

...Oh it just dont bear thinking about!!

On a different subject,dont you think the Champions League is over-rated???

OK it seems a different club wins it every year......

.....but the group games are tedious,the build up and hype is over the top,

the best team very rarely wins it and its f**king expensive to follow the team away!

YOU CANT DRINK IN THE GROUND!!!

ALTHOUGH SOMEHOW THE GREEKS MANAGE TO CHUCK FLARES ABOUT 317.gif

Foreign clubs (excluding Germans,Belgians and the loveable Dutch) very rarely bring many away supporters so the atmosphere can be crap!

Its a television cash cow!!

The standard of football is good,but often very slow.

UEFA are a bunch of c**ts!!

Lets pull out and play in the......Johnsons%2BPaint%2BTrophy%2BLogo.jpg.... getmycoat.gif

Agree with all the points made Glory.

Another one is the crowds at the CL games. Japanese tourists, hangers on, corporates etc. The League cup is mainly full of supporters who can't get tickets for alot of the more high profile games so attend - and just as importantly can afford to take advantage of the reduced prices and take their kids.

And as a current season ticket holder for over 15 years I doubt I'd have enought 'Loyalty points' to go if we ever made the CL final icon_rolleyes.gif Work that one out if you can! But the corporates, CL away season ticket holders will get priority. Don't get me wrong I'd love to be able to afford a european away season ticket but due to work commitments and limited pay I just can't jet around half of Europe a couple of times a week!

The atmosphere away to Hull this year was superb (although I wasn't there) It was old skool by the songs they were singing. Sounded a right laugh.

Plus how many Olympiakos, Real Madrid fans do you actually know who you can 'give it large' to if and when we knock'em out......thats part of the game aswell, I have no rivals in Russian, Germany or Italy etc.......

Bring on the y*ds

I would love us to win the Champions League and even better if we got to beat Liverpool on the way,

to beat Barca or Real would fill me wih pride, losing to one of these in a match where we played well would do the same but

losing to Spurs would be a horrible thing and one which the thought of fills me with dread, I would rather spend an hour and a half in the dentists chair than witness such an event in a final, bad enough in an early round but the importance of the competition is much higher once you get to the final,

so for me a straight choice then give me a win in the cc,

Luckily for us we still have a chance in both ::Scalf::::Scalf::