Why?

aliboy66

Why do we play boring football.When Avram first came in I could see a difference in the way we played but since the so called big players have come back from African nations its changed,is Avram a bad manager or is he out of his league.I think if we want to win CL he has to go now because my son asked why does he have to support Chelsea 346.gif

icon_lol.gif we all ask why we have to support Chelsea, regardless of what's happening with the team. For some of us we didn't have a choice so it's like being born a boy, girl or Moos - it's just going to happen so you better make the most of it.

That said... with all the gene control I'm sure in a few years time you'll be able to choose the gender you want your child to be icon_eek.gif

Aaaaanyway......

Oh what a terrible time it is to be a chelsea fan, we haven't won the league for the second year on the trot, this is embarrassing!!!

We look like finishing second in the League - that's the Premier League not the Championship - to a team that have looked fantastic all season and they've had the luck that any team needs to win the title. We're in the semi-final of the Champions league and we reached the final of the Carling Cup. Oh it's tough being a Chelsea fan.

After everything that we've been through this season chant of "We love you Chelsea...." should have been all that could be heard at the end yesterday. When we were sh*t we still appreciated the effort of the team, what is wrong with our fans now that they think they deserve to win everything???

I'm pissed off today, not with the fact that we have pretty much dropped out of the race for the title, and I'm not even pissed off with the fact that Avram Grant is no where near good enough to manage our team at the moment. But with the lack of respect that the fans seem to give the team these days.

Oh bollox I'm going to do some work, while you lot tell me I'm wrong and we've spent enough money to expect to win the league!!!

Oh what a terrible time it is to be a chelsea fan, we haven't won the league for the second year on the trot, this is embarrassing!!!

We look like finishing second in the League - that's the Premier League not the Championship - to a team that have looked fantastic all season and they've had the luck that any team needs to win the title. We're in the semi-final of the Champions league and we reached the final of the Carling Cup. Oh it's tough being a Chelsea fan.

After everything that we've been through this season chant of "We love you Chelsea...." should have been all that could be heard at the end yesterday. When we were sh*t we still appreciated the effort of the team, what is wrong with our fans now that they think they deserve to win everything???

I'm pissed off today, not with the fact that we have pretty much dropped out of the race for the title, and I'm not even pissed off with the fact that Avram Grant is no where near good enough to manage our team at the moment. But with the lack of respect that the fans seem to give the team these days.

Oh bollox I'm going to do some work, while you lot tell me I'm wrong and we've spent enough money to expect to win the league!!!

Good post Barn and fair comment. I agree about us fans who have gone from Donkey Burgers at the shed end cooked by an off duty postman to 26 day old filet steak cooked by a Michelin starred celebrity chef Marco Pierre White. We expect too much now and seem to think we have a right to win every game and give no respect to any other team which is very arrogant and wrong. I thought Wigan were excellent last night and the number 16 stood out for me good player

Support the team seems to have been lost in the translation and meaning of “supporter”

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

the thread title is why?

thats simple, we just havent been good enough

there is probably many other reasons why, but that is probably the main one

30 years ago, when we were underachievers F.C, we were stuck in our mediocre world of all hope and no glory. The defeats were as painful then, as they are today.

But over the last decade we have won more than we did for the previous 90 years of our exsistance.

Over the last 10 years our support has taken on a new guise, a fan who expects glory every year, a fan who expects the perfect players to play the perfect game, under the perfect manager in a perfect stadium.

Thank God for those of us that remember we are not perfct, by a long chalk.

Good post Barn. You are the only true Chelsea fan and I claim my £5.

That's exactly what did happen last year after the Arsenal game. The difference last night was the manner of our performance. The team can't come out and play like they did in the first half and expect the fans to be right behind them. We were piss poor last night - not for the first time in recent weeks - and they didn't deserve to be sung off the park. That's got nothing to do with not winning the league or being spoilt. It's about the team playing to a level that any reasonable person might expect of them. Wigan were nothing more than well organised last night and bloody lucky to come away with a point even though we were crap.

Nice post Barn, some people forget so easily.

Leaving the ground last night my brother mentioned our league challenge was finished, my dad said ''I remember when it used to be over in November''

Our club is in a different place now compared to how it was then, but it's even harder to take knowing we were so close, and have done it so recently.

I agree about us fans who have gone from Donkey Burgers at the shed end cooked by an off duty postman to 26 day old filet steak cooked by a Michelin starred celebrity chef Marco Pierre White.

I prefered the donkey burgers myself, and the brave lad's who used to eat 'em. I bet most of them don't go anymore.

A very good post Barn. I wasn't around in those times so I don't really know what it was like, but I've heard plenty about it from my dad who used to go EVERYWHERE with Chelsea. To a degree I think we've been spoilt by success and I go into a season thinking we'll win a trophy. Not because we have some god given right (Liverpool) but because we have the players and (used to) have the manager.

I don't agree with booing your own team as I think it doesnt achieve anything. But you'll always get people who'll do it. It's their way of showing their frustration I guess. While other people will come on here instead ::Scalf::

I agree about us fans who have gone from Donkey Burgers at the shed end cooked by an off duty postman to 26 day old filet steak cooked by a Michelin starred celebrity chef Marco Pierre White.

I prefered the donkey burgers myself, and the brave lad's who used to eat 'em. I bet most of them don't go anymore.

They are probably still in a bog somewhere sh*ting through the eye of a needle !

We were talking about the old greek cafe near Fulham Broadway station last night and it's dodgy donners !

That's exactly what did happen last year after the Arsenal game. The difference last night was the manner of our performance. The team can't come out and play like they did in the first half and expect the fans to be right behind them. We were piss poor last night - not for the first time in recent weeks - and they didn't deserve to be sung off the park. That's got nothing to do with not winning the league or being spoilt. It's about the team playing to a level that any reasonable person might expect of them. Wigan were nothing more than well organised last night and bloody lucky to come away with a point even though we were crap.

Today I wondered why I feel so unhappy about this season, considering we'll probably end up second in the league like last season. Even if we hadn't won the League and FA Cup last year, I would have felt better about us then than I do now.

ES is right: it's the manner of our performance. I wasn't there in the donkey burger years, and truthfully I get fed up with reading about how over by November it was then and how spoilt we are now. Those years aren't relevant to how I feel now about today's players' performance. It's not about any godgiven right to silverware, it's not about counting your blessings, I just want the players to give it their all, I want them to care as much as I do. That's all. But they don't.

It is because the team doesn't have a proper leader. The idea that you can just pay a group of talented individuals a sh*t load of cash and they will organise themselves and perform to their best is pie in the sky. They can get so far, but they need managing - the same as any other group does.

I'm a fan like everyone else my blood is blue been there seen the worst,its just that the way we play its so frustrating.When Avram first took over all he went on about was attack attack attack and I could see a change but now we are just boring.We all want the same thing Chelsea to win everything (joke).We have spent a lot of money and with success comes high expectation and as for my son its not up to him ::Scalf::

Archived