Roman Pavlyuchenko

footiemadman007

I just want to get everyone's opinion on whether signing Roman Pavlyuchenko would be a good signing.. I've been impressed by him against England in Euro2008 qual. and throughout Russia's other qual's but also against Spain just now.. I don't think he would cost as much as a 'superstar' signing and he is 6ft 2in.. same as didier..

just wondering..

Thought Pavlyuchenko looked very good going forward, orchestrating a few good plays from both the inside and the outside, and had some great speed.

When spain went into their shell after goal number 3, he was the guy running the show, it seemed. And his goal was terrific. Bullet of a header and rather than celebrate, he was very muted. That said alot, to me.

True, blize. Considering we might be without Drogba (likely), Pizzarro (hopefully), and Sheva (maybe) we are pretty much looking at rebuilding the strike force from scratch.

But if that means that Villa, Huntelaar and this fella are going to be coming in, with Sahar/Sinclair sharing time in the fourth slot, I will be ok with it

edit: oh yeah, and Anelka sofa.gif

Well. if we mention Russian strikers, Pavel Pogrebnyak from Zenit (St.Petersburg) is better.

He was the UEFA Cup's joint best scorer(with Luca Toni) and missed out on Euros because of a knee injury. Pavlyuchenko is an underrated player but he's very raw and there's no chance in hell Roman would even think of bringing him to Chelsea.

Well. if we mention Russian strikers, Pavel Pogrebnyak from Zenit (St.Petersburg) is better.

He was the UEFA Cup's joint best scorer(with Luca Toni) and missed out on Euros because of a knee injury. Pavlyuchenko is an underrated player but he's very raw and there's no chance in hell Roman would even think of bringing him to Chelsea.

He is really good player happy0034.gif I agree

Kept an eye on him on the game tonight and whilst I acknowledge you can't base an opinion on just one game I would have to conclude that going by his performance over the 90 minutes I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

• 2 weeks later...

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has reportedly had a £10million offer for Russia striker Roman Pavlyuchenko rejected by Spartak Moscow.

Pavlyuchenko was one of the stars of Euro 2008 and Spurs, whose players returned to pre-season training yesterday, were keen - but Spartak insist they will not sell to a club who are not in the Champions League and do not represent a step up.

;) ;) :D

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has reportedly had a £10million offer for Russia striker Roman Pavlyuchenko rejected by Spartak Moscow.

Pavlyuchenko was one of the stars of Euro 2008 and Spurs, whose players returned to pre-season training yesterday, were keen - but Spartak insist they will not sell to a club who are not in the Champions League and do not represent a step up.

;) ;) :D

So you're saying if we make an offer, we'll land him?

So you're saying if we make an offer, we'll land him?

I think he's saying that T*tt*nh*m are a small, insginificant team who have never played in the Champions League, never will play in the Champions League, and for whom last season's League Cup victory was the highlight of their decade.

Spuds are being put in their place yet again, this time by VDV who shares Pavlyuchenko's opinion of Tottenham.

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/hamb...en-5511833.html

Van der Vaart told Dutch weekly Sportweek: "The interest has been there for some time already, but they (Tottenham) are not the club I want to go to. Tottenham are not a club I want to swap Hamburg for.

"The chance that I will stay at HSV is really big. As long as no team comes by which makes me immediately excited, I see no reason to leave. And so far none of those clubs have called us."

:D

Hamburg’s Van der Vaart Rules Out Tottenham Move - Chelsea, Man United & Liverpool Linked

So, if we offer for VDV he might consider coming?

But my only concern is that I think VDV and Deco are too similar players. I could be wrong, but that's my inpression.

So, if we offer for VDV he might consider coming?

But my only concern is that I think VDV and Deco are too similar players. I could be wrong, but that's my inpression.

it's not that they are "too" similar, but once we've signed deco there is no more space for another no.10 that has to play centrally. I think it's extremely unlikely we would be interested now.

I think it's very unlikely we go after him now too, but I still very much want the guy. I wouldnt say now that its totally impossible to fit him in the side, even with Deco, because his versatility lends itself to other roles up front if Im not mistaken

But if we wind up getting Arshavin, then I would be alot less disappointed

Archived