Sunday Gossip

ChrisC

Avram Grant is still fighting Chelsea for the £3.5m compensation he believes he is entitled to after being sacked as their coach at the end of last season. (Observer)

Sir Alex Ferguson has compared Chelsea's team to the Liverpool side that fell into a sharp decline at the start of the 1990s. (Sunday Telegraph)

Ferguson needs his head screwed on. The digs he has taken at us pre season suggest he is worried and trying to start some headgames. Big Phil hasn't risen to the bait yet which is good. Hopefully the players will do the talking this season rather than being overshadowed by a manager engaged in a war of words with the media and other managers.

Although, apparently Big Phil has been known to beat up his players who underperform :D

Old school method that is!

Avram Grant is still fighting Chelsea for the £3.5m compensation he believes he is entitled to after being sacked as their coach at the end of last season. (Observer)

Sir Alex Ferguson has compared Chelsea's team to the Liverpool side that fell into a sharp decline at the start of the 1990s. (Sunday Telegraph)

Ferguson needs his head screwed on. The digs he has taken at us pre season suggest he is worried and trying to start some headgames. Big Phil hasn't risen to the bait yet which is good. Hopefully the players will do the talking this season rather than being overshadowed by a manager engaged in a war of words with the media and other managers.

Although, apparently Big Phil has been known to beat up his players who underperform :D

Old school method that is!

silly old sod has obviously slipped into senility. and if big phil beats underperforming players up, maloudas gonna get an awful lot of kickings this season.... he`ll be out for the second half of the season with multiple breaks of the face...

United to bid for Henry - Mail on Sunday

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to make a £20million bid to sign Barcelona striker Thierry Henry before the start of the season.

Would the former Arsenal ace move to Old Trafford?

Reds go for Silva - News of the World

Liverpool's American owners will try to sign Valencia winger David Silva to appease Rafa Benitez after failing to land Gareth Barry.

Would Silva be an exciting recruit?

Toffees close on new striker - News of the World

Everton are homing in on a deal for CSKA Moscow's Brazilian striker Vagner Love.

Can Moyes add to his squad before the big kick-off?

Arsenal bid for Johnson - Daily Star Sunday

Arsenal are poised to offer £6million for Michael Johnson, despite reports elsewhere that the Manchester City midfielder is set to sign a new contract.

Will Johnson stay or go?

Villa out to snare Cole - Sunday Mirror

Aston Villa are set to make an audacious offer of £17.5million for Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole.

Do Villa have a chance of landing Cole?

Black Cats set sights on Chiellini - The People

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is hoping to sign Juventus full-back Giorgio Chiellini in a £7million deal.

Can Keane convince Chiellini to move to the North East?

United out to get Richards - The People

Manchester United will offer local rivals City £19million for Micah Richards.

Will the defender swap Manchester clubs?

A move to Villa would be dreadful for COle and for Chelsea. He will get plenty of games this season for Chelsea just as he has in the last few seasons. More than Jose or Grant, Scolari will welcome the things Joe brings to the game that the likes of Lampard, Essien, Ballack and Mikel don't.

A move to Villa would be dreadful for COle and for Chelsea. He will get plenty of games this season for Chelsea just as he has in the last few seasons. More than Jose or Grant, Scolari will welcome the things Joe brings to the game that the likes of Lampard, Essien, Ballack and Mikel don't.

like loz, i can see joe cole benefiting from scolari massively. he seems to allow his attacking players much more freedom of movement and expression of skill than our last couple of managers, and in my opinion joey cole will become a major go to man for scolari.

just working on the rumours, and where cole fits in, i see where your both coming from and agree

but with kaka and robinho linked and theres a good possibility of the robinho move happening

i cant see cole been happy with a subs role all season

and if kaka and robinho were to come to the bridge where does that leave cole?

from that point of view villa would be a good move for him

I may be alone on this but I don't see either Kaka or RObinho coming. Kaka definitely not, Robinho obviously more chance however my interpretation of the noises coming from his camp is that he will happily stay at Real if they off him an improved deal.

Like loz i dont see either move happening. And even if where one to come of we would still need to wide men, robinio can't cover both in a 4-3-3. cole is ahead of the other 3 we have here at the moment in terms of the wide forward position even though i dont think its naturaly his best position.

On what feguson mention, i have always half agreed with red nose about th liverpool team at that time, they didnt seem eager to move some of there older players on at the right time but what he doesnt mention is that that was only 50 percent of the problem, the other 50 percent was souness... I will never understand why people keep giving this man a job!!

I dont think we are in any way the same position, as was mention in another thread, the age comparision is varstly manipulated to suit manure. i.e there mention of fletcher... IMO we have a very good balance at the moment but every thing depends on how scolario chooses to mix things up.

I may be alone on this but I don't see either Kaka or RObinho coming. Kaka definitely not, Robinho obviously more chance however my interpretation of the noises coming from his camp is that he will happily stay at Real if they off him an improved deal.

your probably right

i'm just looking at all the what if's :lol:

No way should we entertain the idea of Cole going to Villa! I seriously doubt we will go for Kaka, and if Binho comes over, I could see him on one side and Cole on the other. Also, hasn't Cole made statements already about his game being able to flourish under SColari?

No way should we entertain the idea of Cole going to Villa! I seriously doubt we will go for Kaka, and if Binho comes over, I could see him on one side and Cole on the other. Also, hasn't Cole made statements already about his game being able to flourish under SColari?

Belletti has said lots of nice things about playing under Phil. Yet still he is being ushered towards the door with a 'Missing you already' card under his arm signed by all players and staff.

I don't think Phil is easily buttered up!

Thats a crazy rumor, being that Joe is among the few players at Chelsea that I recall being linked with any move since he came, but he wouldnt be insane to do it considering Scolari's Chelsea is, at the moment a big question mark. I think if a player of Joe Cole's calibre moved to Aston Villa, its safe to say the side would be rebuilt around him. O'Neill, im sure, would gladly ship Barry to Liverbin and reinvest some of that, knowing he has a player that can simply do more.

However, in all reality I dont think Joe would ever leave the club he grew up supporting

Thats a crazy rumor, being that Joe is among the few players at Chelsea that I recall being linked with any move since he came, but he wouldnt be insane to do it considering Scolari's Chelsea is, at the moment a big question mark. I think if a player of Joe Cole's calibre moved to Aston Villa, its safe to say the side would be rebuilt around him. O'Neill, im sure, would gladly ship Barry to Liverbin and reinvest some of that, knowing he has a player that can simply do more.

However, in all reality I dont think Joe would ever leave the club he grew up supporting

He love's the game and want's to play. What are his chances since Deco's arrival? He's not a defensive midfielder and is not a winger so is competing for a spot against Lamps, Ballack and Deco, depending on how Essien is used, he's cpmpeting for 2 midfield spots we've already got 4 players competing for. Jose never signed Deco because we had JC, but I just can't see JC plying his trade away from London, but I can see him leaving if he's not getting a game.

He love's the game and want's to play. What are his chances since Deco's arrival? He's not a defensive midfielder and is not a winger so is competing for a spot against Lamps, Ballack and Deco, depending on how Essien is used, he's cpmpeting for 2 midfield spots we've already got 4 players competing for. Jose never signed Deco because we had JC, but I just can't see JC plying his trade away from London, but I can see him leaving if he's not getting a game.

especially if Robinho arrives

It all depends on the formations we play

certainly joe will face stiffer competition, but I see him more of a wide player than deco, although they can play in similair positions.

the back 4 pretty much picks itself

so then we could play

...............essien...Ballack

.........................Deco

...Cole..............................Kalou (or Binho)

......................Drogba

or if we played the 4 man mid of a diamond, he and Deco could alternate at the tip of the diamond. Or if we played Nic and Drogs upfront, he could come on for Nic as the game progressed. And you could add Kalou inplace of Nic too, but the same thing can apply

• 2 weeks later...

Some rumours from Skysports.com Transfer Clockwatch

10.03 AC Milan have lined up a move for Radoslav Kovac if they are unable to sign Branislav Ivanovic from Chelsea.

Paper talk According to Portuguese papers O Jogo and Record, Sporting Lisbon winger Fabio Paim is in London to seal a season-long loan move to Chelsea. The 20-year-old is expected to undergo a medical today before signing his contract at Stamford Bridge tomorrow.

Paper talk According to reports in Italy, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has given his permission for Andriy Shevchenko to rejoin AC Milan on a season-long loan deal.

Who the h*ll is Fabio Paim? ...to youtube!

Shevchenko's possible move I understand, he is so far behind the pecking order.

Rumours, rumours...

Archived