A Disaster At Citeh

Surprised there isnt a thread on this already, becasue the topic is snowballing by the day, but here is the situation as I understand it:

Thaksin's wife has been arrested and is being tried for corruption in Thailand. And Thaksin himself has been summoned to face charges of corruption there. Of course, he is using his connections to City to apply for Amnesty in the UK, but now his 800m+ assets are being frozen back home, and the formerly free spending City are in dire straits. Their previous owner came out in the press claiming that he had to issue a 2m pound loan two months ago just to make sure the staff wages got paid.

All of this makes sense in light of their bizzarre sale of Corluka to Spurs that went sour at the last minute. Supposedly Sparky Hughes got word of the deal and scuppered it as it was on the brink of happening for a cut rate of 5m. Spurs are, if the press are to be believed, considering charges to see the transfer pushed through. Then there were erroneous reports that Stephen Ireland was lined up for Sunderland and that was killed by Hughes. If even half true, that means the manager nearly had 2 first team players sold from under his nose in 3 days. And if thats true, he is undoubtedly furious. There are rumors in the paper today that he is threatening to quit already. I wouldnt blame him at all.

Now, if Shiniwatra's assets are siezed by the state, City are really and truly screwed. And if he fails to pass the 'Fit and Proper Persons' test, its all for naught anyway. They have a vastly inflated player wage bill thanks to signings like Elano and Jo, and now the cast might have run out. If thats the case, I really really feel for City's fans. A proper fan base who really dont deserve it ;)

Anyway, two important questions come from this:

1. Not to be a vulture, but is there anyone from city we could add. All of them have Prem experience, and a player like Corluka cheap could really be a sharp addition on defense.

2. If Sparky leaves, should we not chase him for an assistant or F.O. role? Because if things go down and he walks out of city, I can imgine Fergie accepting him as his new Dark Apprentice in the red half of Manchester

1. Not to be a vulture, but is there anyone from city we could add. All of them have Prem experience, and a player like Corluka cheap could really be a sharp addition on defense.

2. If Sparky leaves, should we not chase him for an assistant or F.O. role? Because if things go down and he walks out of city, I can imgine Fergie accepting him as his new Dark Apprentice in the red half of Manchester

Micah Richards is worth a punt but the rest of the squad looks utter sh*te.

What's happening at Citeh is exactly what everyone wanted to happen to us when Roman took over, but there doesn't seem to be the clamour to smash Citeh for poor dealings that there would have been if it had been Chelsea.

What's happening at Citeh is exactly what everyone wanted to happen to us when Roman took over, but there doesn't seem to be the clamour to smash Citeh for poor dealings that there would have been if it had been Chelsea.

thats because city didnt break the duopoly of manure and the arse, and didnt overtake the media darlings liverpool. oh, and theyve won bugger all too....

thats because city didnt break the duopoly of manure and the arse, and didnt overtake the media darlings liverpool. oh, and theyve won bugger all too....

Exactly. They looked set to aspire to the heights we did, and Leeds had climbed to, but never quite got there.

I bet the Mancs are enjoying it, though. 2 of their biggest rivals potentially implode within five years. Glazers are still there, though. B)

It should be a warning to many clubs, as well. As one article put it, for every Randy Lerner or Roman, who comes in, splashes cash, and then vanishes behind the curtain (Jose saga aside) there are numpties like Hicks, Gillett, etc who are complete idiots. Shinawatra's duplicity is nothing new, as his name was rumored to be in legal trouble when he first got knee deep at City. It was always going to be a risky prospect when he didnt have the cash in hand, but was "good for it" back home.

Rags spotted him shopping with his family in Guilford though. I suppose he has to convince everyone that everything is alright :D I wonder what Noel Gallagher thinks

It looks like the latest is that

-City's director has tried to allay fears of a disaster

-Hughes has said he is definitely going nowhere (despite the reports that he was extremely angry)

-They have bid on Santa Cruz

the last one is particularly curious, as I doubt they would be doing that if they were having trouble getting the money to pay club staff. And there is definite smoke to this fire, as the sale of Corluka was curious and, by all sources, was for less than he was worth, to be suddenly cancelled at the last second. With all the rumors around Shiniwatra right now, something strange is going on.

btw, I would mind taking a flier on Bojinov either. Immensly talented player by all accounts

We've got to bring in Stevie. You know it makes sense.

Baldy.jpgBaldy1.jpg

Seconded, what a complete mad man, surely has 3 or 4 screws loose, nutter.

If that isn't reason enough to sign him well then frankly I'm disgusted.

Pretty embarassing defeat for them last night.

Add that to 4-2 at the hands of Villa and things are not getting off well in Sparky's new tenure. Im sure Red Nose is waiting for this Thai madman to give him the chop in a few months. Assistant manager/successor will fall right into his lap.

Bad news for City as Bojinov tore his achilles in the WARM UP before the game. On the shelf for six months. This is the same fella who injured himself for months in the first game of last year's seasons too. Must be tough for Sky blues right now

Report on Soccernet this morning that City have taken out a 30m pound loan AGAINST future television revenue in order to give Hughes something to spend.

Is it just me, or is this starting to resemble a train wreck? Im no accountant but these sound like some very stupid things to do, financially

Archived