The Chelsea Home Truths Regarding Robinho Thread

Dorset

1. We would have signed him had we not sold, in advance, millions of shirts with his name on.

2. He wanted to sign for us, but the chance to sign for the club Ronaldinho had just turned down was just too good an opportunity to miss.

3. Kenyon should have clinch the deal earlier, or at the very least before it became common knowledge that all Robinho was interested in was the money.

4. The Abu Dhabi boys will always outbid everybody for everything from this day forth [or until Citeh come fourth] and there is no point in taking them on in any sport - unless, of course, it’s horse racing where their win percentage rate isn’t that great despite being involved in the game for years.

5. Roman’s got to learn that missing out on Robinho, or any wish list player, only makes Scolari mad and when he gets mad he demands more money to spend. I know we’ve only got Matt Hughes [of the Times] word for that, but we should trust him implicitly from now on because he seems to know everything that goes on in our camp, even though the players laugh at him behind his back.

6. Robinho should have been cosseted more and then maybe we wouldn’t have been beaten to his signature quite so easily by a City schmooze squad that obviously knew how to nurture a deal through to the end. Next time I suggest we get the targeted signing into London by plane and then have Scolari meet him at the airport and chauffeur him to the Bridge. It isn’t rocket science, seems to work with or without permission, legal or otherwise, and, as the FA will probably turn a blind eye anyway, I’m surprised this approach hasn’t been tried more.

6. Robinho should have been cosseted more and then maybe we wouldn’t have been beaten to his signature quite so easily by a City schmooze squad that obviously knew how to nurture a deal through to the end. Next time I suggest we get the targeted signing into London by plane and then have Scolari meet him at the airport and chauffeur him to the Bridge. It isn’t rocket science, seems to work with or without permission, legal or otherwise, and, as the FA will probably turn a blind eye anyway, I’m surprised this approach hasn’t been tried more.

The only one I read not to be ironic. Big Phil at Heathrow in a humvee would have sealed it surely.

I honestly believe it wasn't us that went wrong it's just Madrid's impetulance at not wanting to sell him to us. Does anyone not find it odd that we chase Robinho for months and they keep saying no, and then Citeh come in with 2 hours left in the window and they acceot it in the blink of an eye? Blatantly, Madrid see us as big europeam rivals these days, even though we've never met them in the CL. Now they have Citeh to worry about aswell as us and if Citeh are in the CL next season, what will Madrid do if they get paired?

maybe we should get fergie as manager, it seems the only way possible to get away with everything :wtf:

how fergie aint been hauled in front of the fa for that blatant rule breaking stunt on monday is beyond a joke. what does this twat have to do. city get their bid exepted and ol purple face turns up to pick berbatov up from the airport. the y*ds must ave been livid tho quite why they have dropped any complaint is beyond me. also have to agree with ruh madrid just were not interested in selling to us for what ever reason.

Kenyon just pissed the Madrid people off. He has history here...Ronaldinho should have been going to Man Utd remember a few years back.

For about a month his grinning fizzog has been on TV with a "everything is in hand, it's in the bag" demeaner. yet all the while it was slipping away.

Still, I guess he is happy enough, big salary, Champions League medal etc etc.

Disagree, clubhappy. They were mad, they wanted more money and they got it in the end. Calderon and Madrid are just a load of assholes. They take any perceived insult to their supremacy as a dreadful affront. And im sure they disliked Robinho enough to screw over any chance he had of getting what he wanted.

Trouble is, im not even sure Robinho really knew what he wanted.

Disagree, clubhappy. They were mad, they wanted more money and they got it in the end. Calderon and Madrid are just a load of assholes. They take any perceived insult to their supremacy as a dreadful affront. And im sure they disliked Robinho enough to screw over any chance he had of getting what he wanted.

Trouble is, im not even sure Robinho really knew what he wanted.

Calderon's words & Robinho's actions suggest his motivation was $$$$

Where we went wrong was being so public about it and then letting it drag on, and on. It's almost like being dealt a high pair in poker, the longer you let it go on, the more chance you run of having someone hit a small card in the end and cracking your big pair with two small pair, or trips.

Basically, if we were really after him, and were that desparate, and Real wanted money for him...we should have paid it. Now, we look like muppets, not just for the shirt farce, but for being so public, and then not getting him. It is quite probable that this is the sign of things to come. If you want a player, go in, get him and get it over with. We can't get away with these "last day PR Coups" that Kenyon seems to love; like we did with A Cole

Scott

I dont think Robinho's motivation was $$$$ did'nt Madrid offer to match his salery????

I think he was obviously anoyed with Madrids persuit of Ronaldo and felt undervalued(ah bless him). Madrid not wanting to sell obviously wanted the best price.

I'm sure if we had matched city Robinho would have chosen us but rightly or wrongly we did'nt. I just feel this whole deal should have been completed long before transfer deadline day, one way or another.

Hindsight is a great thing. However who could have foreseen that Man City will be taken over on the last day of the transfer window by a Arab billionaire who hours later will be throwing money around and eventually breaking a British transfer record?

Kenyon had Real just where he wanted. He knew no one would enter into the bidding war with us and we were pretty much the only interested party in Robinho so Real had to either keep an unhappy and unsettled player or sell him to us.

In that situation there was no point in raising the bid to meet the Real's asking price which was unreasonable.

In the end, it was up to Robinho to say yes or no to the move. He made his choice, so be it.

I can rumble on and on about this but this is my final comment on the matter.

PETER 'MANC' KENYON was trusted by Roman to deal with his billions and despite two titles and relative Arsenal style success in Europe he has been an accident waiting to happen and has as far as i'm concerned lived up to expectations.

I was always sceptical about having a wad of money at our disposal but from the outset my feeling was I wanted my old Chelsea beliefs to remain and the hangers on and muppets and prawnies to return to where they came from.

Manchester City can all but learn from his mistakes and don't think the Arabs and the other billionaire's are finished with the Premiership.

Arsenal have said today that they are open to interest from the middle east and Liverpool are being screened by them as well.

God forbid if Arsenal get one because with Wenger there and the youngsters in place with their tradition the top players in the woirld hand on heart would choose them over us as they would Liverpool for that matter.

The Glaziers came in at Man Utd amongst ridicule and hatred amongst their fans. You never saw them or David Gill for that matter panicking about us winning back to back titles they got on with the job quietly and done the same to us, because they have men in suits who know the football business inside out.

I bet my bottom dollar if Kenyon was still there that wouldn't have been the case.

I didn't want to have billions but once we won the title the second time when we played Man Utd off the park we should have nailed the premiership for years to come and set in stone our domination in Europe for years to come.

What did we do ? Shevchenko and Ballack and adaptation and the rest is as they say history. We lost the best manager we have ever had ( although I applaud the appointment of Scholari over anyone else in the summer ) and those in envy of us laughed and took advantage of the situation.

In short this isn't about if's and but's over Robinho - it's the seedy hotels, the under hand dealings, the bland meetings in restaraunts etc etc and the worst appointment in the history of Chelsea football club KENYON.

Despite this, strangeley i'm happy, i've got my Chelsea back, the Chelsea hangers on will no doubt be snapping up season tickets at Man City and I pray if it happens and Peter Hill Wood sells out to the arabs - the prawnies in the East stand and boxes scattered around our beloved Stamford Bridge desert us and fly to the Emirate's stadium.

Stotch and Sinclair - if only they had the chance like Clive Walker, maybe Scholari is the boss to do it, on the other foot lets hope the deliver the players HE WANTS and we don't get another Jose situation.

Hindsight is a great thing. However who could have foreseen that Man City will be taken over on the last day of the transfer window by a Arab billionaire who hours later will be throwing money around and eventually breaking a British transfer record?

Kenyon had Real just where he wanted. He knew no one would enter into the bidding war with us and we were pretty much the only interested party in Robinho so Real had to either keep an unhappy and unsettled player or sell him to us.

In that situation there was no point in raising the bid to meet the Real's asking price which was unreasonable.

In the end, it was up to Robinho to say yes or no to the move. He made his choice, so be it.

Kenyon had real just where he wanted them??????

exactly what he thought and exactly where he went wrong.

Its hindsight now, but Kenyon being the man whos supposed to get things done should try a little foresight.

Kenyon had real just where he wanted them??????

exactly what he thought and exactly where he went wrong.

Its hindsight now, but Kenyon being the man whos supposed to get things done should try a little foresight.

What foresight would that be? Did anyone outside selected few of the Man City hierarchy know about the club being taken over on the last day of the transfer window by an oil sheik billionaire who'd start throwing crazy money at Robinho several hours before deadline?

Real didn't want to sell the player to us and ManCity 'last minute offer' was a great way out for them. Let's not forget, no one forced Robinho to sign for his new club. If he gave two f**ks about playing for Chelsea he'd be here. Real had to sell him after the press conference he gave a day before the deal was done. In the end he only proved that his true ambition was just leaving Real and making loads of money no matter where it'll take him.

I'm not a fan of Kenyon and I wish he'd stick with marketing and let somebody else deal with transfers but I won't blame him for that one.

Archived