Benitez rips in to Fergie

Waiter minute, I think he has a point..

Ferguson does get away with far too much and I believe his players do as well,

it can be talking to Referees, talking about them, extra time coming from nowhere when it suits them, penalty decisions for or against.

I try to look at it without bias (although it's difficult) but it has been that way for years and Ferguson has moaned more and more.

Waiter minute, I think he has a point..

Ferguson does get away with far too much and I believe his players do as well,

it can be talking to Referees, talking about them, extra time coming from nowhere when it suits them, penalty decisions for or against.

I try to look at it without bias (although it's difficult) but it has been that way for years and Ferguson has moaned more and more.

For once I agree with what Benitez is saying. However I imagine the Scouse fans will be wishing he kept his mouth shut. Fergie will be smiling after that as Benitez has revealed his nerves more by biting.

I think all this mind games stuff is laughable,

If Ferguson wants to come out and say Rafa's lot are going to get nervous (as we all hope although every week that goes by and they sit at the top we all get squeaky ourselves) then I say good on the man for saying perhaps Fergies nervous cos they are in front.

and having a go about what he says about Referees almost every game is only good for the rest of us.

anyway either way you look at it, the more they bicker the more 1 the press leave us alone and 2 we can creep up quietly and take our Title back..

Come on before you laugh..you all know we can do it <_<

I think all this mind games stuff is laughable,

If Ferguson wants to come out and say Rafa's lot are going to get nervous (as we all hope although every week that goes by and they sit at the top we all get squeaky ourselves) then I say good on the man for saying perhaps Fergies nervous cos they are in front.

and having a go about what he says about Referees almost every game is only good for the rest of us.

anyway either way you look at it, the more they bicker the more 1 the press leave us alone and 2 we can creep up quietly and take our Title back..

Come on before you laugh..you all know we can do it <_<

No barb Chippy - I really appreciate your optimism

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player...ctid=6777394001

There is the video link.

Benitez is too stupid to realize he has given Ferguson just what he wants. This is what Keegan did 13 years ago. Maybe it wasnt spoken in thesame tone, but its clear if you go to a press conference with a list of imfractions of a manager to read them aloud when its obvious to everyone already, you have just been played like a fiddle. You can see from how nervously he proceeds that he is wound up.

Everyone knows Fergie does this crap, and the smart ones, like Jose, just ignore it or do it themselves.

I cant believe how stupid Benitez is. You are top of the league, and already have the Ger 'National Traitor' rard distraction. Now there is a clip of you throwing a tantrum about something that has been going on for 20 years.

There is the video link.

Benitez is too stupid to realize he has given Ferguson just what he wants. This is what Keegan did 13 years ago. Maybe it wasnt spoken in thesame tone, but its clear if you go to a press conference with a list of imfractions of a manager to read them aloud when its obvious to everyone already, you have just been played like a fiddle. You can see from how nervously he proceeds that he is wound up.

Everyone knows Fergie does this crap, and the smart ones, like Jose, just ignore it or do it themselves.

I cant believe how stupid Benitez is. You are top of the league, and already have the Ger 'National Traitor' rard distraction. Now there is a clip of you throwing a tantrum about something that has been going on for 20 years.

Sometimes I'm amazed at how differently I see things to everybody else,

He never looked like he was crapping himself to me, His bit about Scolari needs to know he needs to Zonal mark Fergies staff at the game was great.

And about the inevitable Jose knew how to deal with the fergie mind games, how about if he had have dealt with Rafa we might have reached a CL final before last season.

Utd lost to Derby...they get praised on here,

Fergie got some stick from Ben.....he gets praised,

there's a worring trend setting in.

He never looked like he was crapping himself to me, His bit about Scolari needs to know he needs to Zonal mark Fergies staff at the game was great.

And about the inevitable Jose knew how to deal with the fergie mind games, how about if he had have dealt with Rafa we might have reached a CL final before last season.

The Zonal marking comment was a gem

I am not saying he crapping himself in the interview - I am talking about generally.

He is asked a question about choking and produces a pre-prepared list about something different

Its great to watch him and Fergie scrap - I have no praise for either of them, but right now I think that Beni is being played like a fish

The Zonal marking comment was a gem

I am not saying he crapping himself in the interview - I am talking about generally.

He is asked a question about choking and produces a pre-prepared list about something different

Its great to watch him and Fergie scrap - I have no praise for either of them, but right now I think that Beni is being played like a fish

I don't think he's too worried, I certainly don't see why he should be after holding the top spot without his best striker (the leagues best striker) and now having him back,

It's just peoples different interpretations but I have got to ask you mate,

How do you play a Fish? <_<

There is some similarities between Rafa having a list of accusations about Fergie and Jose with his Wenger dossier.

I am more than happy to see it kick off - doesn't do us any harm and amusing to see the squabble.

I don't think he's too worried, I certainly don't see why he should be after holding the top spot without his best striker (the leagues best striker) and now having him back,

How do you play a Fish? <_<

Same way you Tuna fish

Look I dont want to sit on my PERCH or preach like the POPE about how BLEAK things look but you have made me think CHIPPY

On reflection I didnt mean that Beni was crapping himself - I meant that hes showing strong signs of major pressure - a minor distinction maybe but he would do better to bottle it up, although that way - we dont get the entertainment of a Taggart/Beni catfight

Look I dont want to sit on my PERCH or preach like the POPE about how BLEAK things look but you have made me think CHIPPY

On reflection I didnt mean that Beni was crapping himself - I meant that hes showing strong signs of major pressure - a minor distinction maybe but he would do better to bottle it up, although that way - we dont get the entertainment of a Taggart/Beni catfight

It's ok then for Fergie to go CARPING on about nerves on such a SCALE,

he gets away with too much and thinks he's a big FISH in a little POND.

and Loz it was all going SWIMMINGLY until you said we should know our PLAICE.

You know, with you two and your little verbal jousting we should be marketing this site as "the REAL intelligent forum". Take that cfcnet ;)

Not necesscarily praising Ferguson, Chippy, but I really dont think Benitez needed to take the bait on this one.

Im just laughing a bit, because they are five months from their first title in 20 years, finally start to put some good results together, and then Ger 'National Traitor' rard winds up in the clink. But now, of all times, Benitez starts off with this?

I think the difference between Jose and what Benitez is doing is Jose was cunning enough to play that man at his own game. And oftentimes he was the aggressor, making the outlandish statement to get the other manager all stirred up. And on top of that, I dont think losing to Benitez in two extremely close ties is any knock on Jose. The difference was a goal, and then pens. Jose managed to hold it together, despite Fergie and the Old Professor giving him stick his first year here becuase he knew their type and was ready for them.

I am more than happy to see it kick off - doesn't do us any harm and amusing to see the squabble.

Couldnt agree more. If we cant win it, I would rather see the Manc take the title than Liverpool this year, but this is sure to be the spark for an interesting tit-for-tat in the coming weeks. Hopefully the waiter has a few more rants in him.

How do you play a Fish? ;)

you just go up and down the scales

You know, with you two and your little verbal jousting we should be marketing this site as "the REAL intelligent forum". Take that cfcnet ;)

Not necesscarily praising Ferguson, Chippy, but I really dont think Benitez needed to take the bait on this one.

Im just laughing a bit, because they are five months from their first title in 20 years, finally start to put some good results together, and then Ger 'National Traitor' rard winds up in the clink. But now, of all times, Benitez starts off with this?

I think the difference between Jose and what Benitez is doing is Jose was cunning enough to play that man at his own game. And oftentimes he was the aggressor, making the outlandish statement to get the other manager all stirred up. And on top of that, I dont think losing to Benitez in two extremely close ties is any knock on Jose. The difference was a goal, and then pens. Jose managed to hold it together, despite Fergie and the Old Professor giving him stick his first year here becuase he knew their type and was ready for them.

Couldnt agree more. If we cant win it, I would rather see the Manc take the title than Liverpool this year, but this is sure to be the spark for an interesting tit-for-tat in the coming weeks. Hopefully the waiter has a few more rants in him.

I realise you think mind games and what managers say to each other or to the press about each other has a lot more to do with a teams performance than I do so I will explain my Jose Benitez remark...

It meant Benitez is not influenced by mind games or Mourinho would have got to him more or he is inluenced by mind games but it doesn't have any bearing on his teams performance.

If I was a manager and Fergie said something directed at me, I would give it back..I wouldn't be nervous, Crapping myself or any other term that might have an outcome on my teams performance but I would retort.

not everyone is the same and Benitez has won enough in his career to be well aware of Fergies little larks.

as for rather seing the Mancs take the title than Pool...there's another team that will have a massive say in that and it's the only one it bares thinking about.

as for rather seing the Mancs take the title than Pool...there's another team that will have a massive say in that and it's the only one it bares thinking about.

There you go with that everpresent optimisim again ;) :snegurochka: only joking, chipster, I see just where you are coming from, points well made.

Also, maybe I am missing something, but the "zonal marking on United's Staff because they are always playing man to man" thing was a joke, yes? Cause he didnt pause, so I didnt really think about it at the time.

There you go with that everpresent optimisim again ;) :snegurochka: only joking, chipster, I see just where you are coming from, points well made.

Also, maybe I am missing something, but the "zonal marking on United's Staff because they are always playing man to man" thing was a joke, yes? Cause he didnt pause, so I didnt really think about it at the time.

He's meaning to keep them away from the Match officials so they can't influence decisions but although it was a witty remark there is too much truth in it to be an out and out Joke.

Great comment I think and the best thing I've heard him say,

I have started to believe we have as much to worry about from Pool as we do UTD this term, I never thought I would say that half way through the season but after losing Torres and still doing ok we have to take them seriously so as Loz says

we should just sit back and be amused at the little games they are playing with each other.

I just dont think either one getting wound up or nervous will have anything much to do with where the Title ends up.

There's a space in the Cupboard at the Bridge waiting whatever they say. :wife:

Archived