5th place if were lucky.

coco

Sack Scolari Now ?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Sack Scolari Now ?

• YES
    • NO

The players are done playing for him, and he really is as incompetent as his detractors said, but still I refused to believe.

I dont want to bend to the will of our players at large, because they have been pretty pathetic themselves at times, but to save this season and avoid a financial disaster, he needs to go now. He is not worth seeing this current crisis through, and there might yet be something to be salvaged here.

He hasnt had a fair go with transfers, because he should have more creative players at his disposal, but I can see now that even if he had them, there is no f**king way he would use them properly.

As much as I would hate us to become a headless chicken for the rest of the season, I agree. I am all out of patience and this is getting seriously dangerous. Not playing CL football next year would be a major disaster for a club of our calibre.

If he was a younger manager we would be doing him a favour by sacking him as it would give him a get out before his reputation was entirely in pieces, However this is his last contract before retiring so it doesn't really matter to him if he screws up now and that seems to be showing through in the way he is going about his job.

Would I sack him? I would try and find a way that didn't waste a sack!

I voted yes without realising something. If Scolari goes, Ray Wilkins will be coach...is that something we really want?

I would hope anyone with a brain at the club would see Wilkins's arrival has correlated with the team's self destruction and swiftly see him out the door, too.

It was my hope that Mark Hughes would be unemployed by now.

Sack him. Even i would have done better with this Chelsea team.

I think any Chelsea fan would do better with Chelsea than Scolari. Chelsea fans can see the problems from a mile off, but Scolari is completely oblivious to it. Every Chelsea fan knows Anelka's useless, so we'd start Drogba and if Drogba's useless, we give Di Santo his chance. There's no real need for a holding midfielder anymore, either. 4-3-3 only ever truly worked under Mournho. It was okay under Grant, but never as good as Jose. Scolari doesn't know how to substitute. He refuses to buy anyone that can't speak portuguese. And how long is it going to take him to realise that the only 30+ player that's any good for us now is Lampard, and yet he still brings on Belletti, Drogba and Deco? Over Stoch and Di Santo the 19 year olds? Get it right, mate.

I think sack him but at the end of the season, there is no benefit to sacking him now. No one big to take over, leaves team in a mess.

But come end of the season, yes

The flipside is that the players will shut down and that, somehow, we manage to get even worse.

I think a new manager would get some of the competitive juices flowing and give the players something to be excited about, even if it is only for a few weeks. Then, when the summer comes, clean out most of the players, too

My heart says sack him NOW. Compensation? Sue Scolari for false pretences, failing to fulfill the terms of his contract, for failure to perform at anything like a competent level. My head initially said wait til the end of the season, it can't do any good to sack him now. But why delay the agony any longer than is necessary? It is blatantly apparent that Scolari has lost the dressing room and is going to lose us a Champions League place, which will do no end of long damage. If there's a manager out there worth taking a chance, take a damned chance - the new manager effect is well documented, and may give the players the boost they so obviously need. And be realistic, if we can't beat Hull City at home, then who can we beat?

Get rid now before he does any more damage.

It really is hideous how bad his results have been against the 'bigger' teams. His record against the rest of the traditional big four are well documented hwoever look further than that and inspect our results against the othe teams in the top half of the table.

Man U Loss and Draw

Liverpool Loss x 2

Villa Win

Arsenal Loss

Everton Draw

Wigan Win

West Ham Draw

Man City Win

Fulham Draw

So so far this season, against the other 9 clubs in the top half of the table (as at today)

Played 11 Won 3, Drawn 4 and lost 4 - 13 points out of a possible 33

When i heard, he was comming, i was happy that we get a good manager.

But it seems to be, that he is a good NATIONAL coach, cause he can chose out of hundret of players.

He is not a manager for a club, so we should sack him, and try to save what we can save (CL,FA CUP) probably get Hiddink or Raykard.

This is realy frustraiting!

I would agree with bosnian. Rijkaard is still unemployed and I think Hiddink can be convinced. Barring them Adriannse. Dutch managers are a good blend of creativity and pragmatism.

I wanted nothing to do with Rijkaard in the summer, but at least he can take a team of stars and put them in check. All we need right now is someone to do as well as Grant. Just keep the side stable and on course for the top four. We are not looking for a home run, just a hit to get on base (to use a baseball analogy)

My heart says sack him NOW. Compensation? Sue Scolari for false pretences, failing to fulfill the terms of his contract, for failure to perform at anything like a competent level. My head initially said wait til the end of the season, it can't do any good to sack him now. But why delay the agony any longer than is necessary? It is blatantly apparent that Scolari has lost the dressing room and is going to lose us a Champions League place, which will do no end of long damage. If there's a manager out there worth taking a chance, take a damned chance - the new manager effect is well documented, and may give the players the boost they so obviously need. And be realistic, if we can't beat Hull City at home, then who can we beat?

Get rid now before he does any more damage.

This is the most dangerous part of it. The players no longer want him, and thus are not going to have their minds changed whatever the results. We just continue to slide until we hit fifth or sixth, and are playing in the UEFA cup next season. Roman, seeing the plan so horribly awry, decides to cut his losses and cast the club off, or perhaps worse sells us to a consortium i.e. a bunch of tight bar stewards who are only concerned about adding to their piles of billions.

The prospects about what might happen from here are too frightening to comprehend.

Well the wheels have all come off and we are just a dreadful, listless team. The question marks have been there for ages, but I just don't see how even the most positive of fans can really think Scolari is the man for the job after another woeful home performance.

As others have said though, the big question is - who do we replace him with if he does go? That'll be 3 managers in a season a a half and that sort of inconsistency never leads to trophies. The next appointment has to be a long-term one, but I don't really know who I would want to take CFC forward again. As much as I agreed with his departure, Avram's achievements are looking more and more impressive...

I voted yes. But we must have a replacement lined up first. I'd love it to be Zola and Clarkey, but Zola is such an honourable man that he'd be unlikely to leave West Ham whilst under contract.

Who said Mark Hughes? No thanks! He looks as clueless at Man City as Scolari is for us.

It really is hideous how bad his results have been against the 'bigger' teams. His record against the rest of the traditional big four are well documented hwoever look further than that and inspect our results against the othe teams in the top half of the table.

Man U Loss and Draw

Liverpool Loss x 2

Villa Win

Arsenal Loss

Everton Draw

Wigan Win

West Ham Draw

Man City Win

Fulham Draw

So so far this season, against the other 9 clubs in the top half of the table (as at today)

Played 11 Won 3, Drawn 4 and lost 4 - 13 points out of a possible 33

that is the key part he has turned us from being the second best side in Europe to a side the top sides no longer fear in the space of 6mths. I'm not normally for removing the manager mid season but if it happened I could see it now as the right decision. The club now has to have a clear plan of action as to where it wants to be ...this man will lead us back into mid table obscurity.

I just want someone who can get players motivated and can identify when decisions need to be made and then, make them.

I dont care who.

sums up my feelings on the matter well. I will add 'and has the balls to stand up to 100k a week players and throw them in the reserves if they step out of line'. The inmates have been running the asylum because the staff is totally inept, and once the respect/fear goes, then it is time the manager moves on.

I feel like we should ask him to resign with a sweetener citing health problems. I know it sounds uber suspicious, but it might leave all parties satisfied and us on the hook for less money

Archived